ADVERTISEMENT

Last time Cards won in Lexghanistan

I haven't heard or read anything about the UofK players leaving to go home as some have suggested. That might be true, but surprising if it is. This UofK team needs as much coaching as possible, but then again, we are talking about John Calipari. His best coaching moves happen off the court when he picks up his cell phone and calls William Wesley for help.
Does anyone find it odd that such a bad coach as Calipari can own as lopsided of a series as he does against UL? Or what he has done over the last 6 years with a bunch of Freshman against junior and senior dominated teams. Maybe someone can check his head to head against Pitino,Self,Roy Williams and Coach K, as bad a Coach as he is and having Freshman dominated teams he probably is getting slammed head to head against them.

Reactions: Jkwo
I just don't see that as being the case. If you notice it's still football season here and the baseball team just ranked #2 in the country playing in the Nation's toughest conference. On the other hand, if the Cats lose to Louisville, which is highly unlikely considering it is in Rupp, it will be the end of the world. There will be absolutely nothing to look forward to in Lexington until basketball season comes around next fall.

Like it or not Louisville is your Super Bowl. You can't help it. You storm the field when you beat us in football. Louisville would NEVER storm the field after beating UK. You print a t-shirt when you beat us at tiddlywinks.

This game is much more important to Pitino and the uL fans than it is to UK. You can tell that by how much it's discussed over here.

I just don't see that as being the case. If you notice it's still football season here and the baseball team just ranked #2 in the country playing in the Nation's toughest conference. On the other hand, if the Cats lose to Louisville, which is highly unlikely considering it is in Rupp, it will be the end of the world. There will be absolutely nothing to look forward to in Lexington until basketball season comes around next fall.

Like it or not Louisville is your Super Bowl. You can't help it. You storm the field when you beat us in football. Louisville would NEVER storm the field after beating UK. You print a t-shirt when you beat us at tiddlywinks.
That would mean something if this was a baseball board but it's not.And with the Cardinal Football team being the biggest disappointment in years. It's hard for you guys to down play this game with guys on here saying Pitino should be fired if he loses the game this year.

Does anyone find it odd that such a bad coach as Calipari can own as lopsided of a series as he does against UL? Or what he has done over the last 6 years with a bunch of Freshman against junior and senior dominated teams. Maybe someone can check his head to head against Pitino,Self,Roy Williams and Coach K, as bad a Coach as he is and having Freshman dominated teams he probably is getting slammed head to head against them.
A one time troll feeding.

I'll post it again for the mentally challenged:

"Nobody wins more meaningless games than Calipari. He chokes when the stakes are high. A non conference game in December is right in his wheelhouse."

Reactions: cuzimacardfan
A one time troll feeding.

I'll post it again for the mentally challenged:

"Nobody wins more meaningless games than Calipari. He chokes when the stakes are high. A non conference game in December is right in his wheelhouse."
Not sure what your definition of meaningless games are but his 22-4 record in NCAA tournament games screams that you have no idea what you are talking about. You may want to use a little more common sense and less emotion when posting.

Fixed it for you.
No way in hell is our football team more disappointing than yours.
Seriously, your team was picked to win your conference and was preseason top 12 and weren't they 3-4 at one point? Now they are playing in the Music City Bowl which was a running joke on here when UK played there 2 consecutive years. UK was preseason picked to finish next to last in the SEC. I guess i have to disagree with you.

Not sure what your definition of meaningless games are but his 22-4 record in NCAA tournament games screams that you have no idea what you are talking about. You may want to use a little more common sense and less emotion when posting.

My thoughts exactly.

I purposefully avoided race. You brought it up. Do you think Wayne Chapman - who roomed with Dwight Smith at Western and a close friend of mine - cared about race? No, he just hated Rupp, lol, having played one year for him.

I appreciate your words - you earn big points for making that effort. But please know, I never even mentioned all that. When all that truck was going on here, I was either in the military in Asia or, later, living in Vancouver, Canada, not at all in touch with "Black Bird" comments and surely not worrying that UK integrated 5 years after UofL, or whatever small time frame it was. Hell, I was in school in Owensboro when we integrated our public schools. I will say this, however - UK fans need to own what occurred and own the distance it caused between the programs for specifically and strictly racial reasons. It wasn't the schools themselves who were at fault - both tried their damnedest to get 'r done in an era when the black players were God's newest gift to hoops, lol.

UK fans are carrying baggage. They don't seem to care. That's a really bad look, Calamity.
I'm not sure if its "they don't seem to care" or that its more the attitude of "why is something that was done long ago being projected on me?". I've grown up a UK fan, but had no knowledge about any of the stuff that people attribute to Rupp, other than he was a HOF coach. Earliest games I remember were the last days of Joe B Hall, but I was very young. I bring this up only to illustrate the distance between my fandom and the time when all of this "hate" was supposedly going on, as are much of UK's fanbase. Most UK fans just don't relate to it at all.

I'm not sure of the whole story, but I've been told that much of the "race friction" in recent years was stirred up by Coach Crum, as a means to unite his fanbase and create the rivalry that had not really existed prior to him being at UofL. Do you know the story behind that? Honest question?

I haven't heard or read anything about the UofK players leaving to go home as some have suggested. That might be true, but surprising if it is. This UofK team needs as much coaching as possible, but then again, we are talking about John Calipari. His best coaching moves happen off the court when he picks up his cell phone and calls William Wesley for help.
Cal does this every year since he's been at UK. They always take the Christmas week off, and so far its worked out OK for the team...

And with the Cardinal Football team being the biggest disappointment in years.

This is a horrible post. The football team lost half the starters to the NFL and had FR all over the field. They won 7 games and reached a bowl. They did not have a preseason ranking. The program set the bar kind of high when Strong turned things around but "biggest disappointment" in years would be inaccurate.

You simply lack knowledge about some of the things you type.

Seriously, your team was picked to win your conference and was preseason top 12 .

They were not preseason ranked in any poll and Clemson or FSU was picked to win the conference.

The fact that you are serious is quite embarrassing. I'm not mad at you, I'm just wondering how one can just make stuff up out of the sky and think they are making salient points.

There were uL fans on the UK uL football game thread indicating how uL was the third best team in the state. This was before the comeback, but those thoughts were the norm. I doubt a comeback over a horrible UK team helped overcome the disappointing season. I thought this was a basketball thread- not football, baseball, or "tiddlywinks"

And there are idiot UK fans on the UofL board right now.

Good job.

Seriously, your team was picked to win your conference and was preseason top 12 and weren't they 3-4 at one point? Now they are playing in the Music City Bowl which was a running joke on here when UK played there 2 consecutive years. UK was preseason picked to finish next to last in the SEC. I guess i have to disagree with you.

I don't know in what universe UL was picked to win the ACC, or that UL was preseason number 12, so you can disagree with me; you would just be wrong. You can check the pre-season rankings here

We keep hearing from your UK brethren how much better UK football is going to be with these great recruiting classes, renovations to the stadium, etc. There was much talk of winning your division and that this would be the year you beat Louisville, because you only lost to us by 4 a PJCS. Then, you couldn't find a decent QB between your two 4* recruits, you squandered a 21 point lead to us in a 14 point loss and ended up going 5&7 with no bowl game. That is the much bigger disappointment.

UK fans sharing thoughts about another football program's alleged disappointments.

You cannot make these posters up. A UofL fan in disguise can't do any better (apologies to Homer Blue)

Reactions: cuzimacardfan
Its true Hop.

Coach Pitino has failed in this series.
He should be 4-3 or 5-2 the last seven.
He freezes up.
Should have won the 2004 game. Blew 2, seventeen point leads.

So yeah, until they actually beat them , im skeptical also.
In the spirit of kinsmanship( I know I'm stretching this meaning,but it sounds good) CP should feel our pain a bit more and stop short selling this game.

And with the Cardinal Football team being the biggest disappointment in years. It's hard for you guys to down play this game with guys on here saying Pitino should be fired if he loses the game this year.
In the sense that Louisville fans have much higher expectations for their football teams than the average Mildcat fan, you are correct that there is a little disappointment around here.

Still if you consider we won 5 of our last 6 games while developing a stud QB on a young offense, trashed our rival for the 5th straight year and are going to our 5th straight bowl game, there is plenty to be upbeat about.

Unlike UK, hearing the words "bowl eligible" and "not having a losing conference record" doesn't do much for Cardinal fans.

Now back to the basketball thread...

Reactions: KerryRhodes
This board is a perfect example why I hate this week every season. We need to stop playing the team from Lexington in all sports. We don't need them. We are ACC. They need us for basketball and they add zero value in other sports.
CJ
I agree with your premise regarding their fans' idiotic behavior here, and that they don't add much for us in sports. I don't think your proposed solution will help. No matter what we, by which I am including the UL athletic department, do, we cannot fix stupid. Their boorishness will remain a constant even if we do not play them in a sport.

Historically, uL begged UK to play them. After losing so many against the Cats now you don't need them?

UofL IS the reason uselessahkay has a stadium that used to seat 67,000+. We bring approximately 8,000 ticket/concession buying fans to Lexington every other year. Pure and simple. In reality CRP does own a series advantage over CJC but not, of course, since he came to uselessahkay. Just think UKortho if the Commonwealth of Kentucky didn't have the tax base of Jefferson County (Metro Louisville) to furnish all the money your school pisses down the drain where would you be. One of these days our citizens will wise up and tell your ignorant butts where you can stick your incredible arrogance.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
MrFootballFan, I don't know where you grew up but Trinity played Male, Manual, Flaget, Bishop David, DeSales and Central every year from the 60's on until Flaget went out of business in the 70's and DeSales moved down in classification. Trinity also played some of the top schools throughout the state like Lexington Catholic, Lexington Bryan Station, Covington Catholic, Ft Thomas Highlands. They also played some of the top teams around the country like Stubenville, Ohio ( at their place when they were ranked #1 in the nation and Trinity won 21-8 ), Father Ryans in Nashville when they were nationally ranked. Obviously you are either too young or not from Louisville to know about the subject matter. Trinity also multiple State Titles in the 70's.

Good Lord Gomer, get over yourself already. Sounds like UK better try to slay the true Bluebloods Duke and UConn since they both have won twice as many National Titles since Calipari has been in Lexington.

As far as Louisville goes, we have the same amount of trophies as UK in that time period, not to mention some Big East Championships. Congrats on your plastic SEC Title Cups and victories on NBA draft night.:cool:

Good Lord Gomer, get over yourself already. Sounds like UK better try to slay the true Bluebloods Duke and UConn since they both have won twice as many National Titles since Calipari has been in Lexington.

As far as Louisville goes, we have the same amount of trophies as UK in that time period, not to mention some Big East Championships. Congrats on your plastic SEC Title Cups and victories on NBA draft night.:cool:
Lol...did you just brag about Big East championships?

Reactions: UKortho
Only to point out how ridiculous your claim of UK having "much more success" than UofL lately. Congrats on your regular season success and 1 Trophy.

It's nice to have one trophy, along with multiple final four appearances. ESPN and other's constant spotlight on the UK program (in a positive light) speaks volumes. We are the best basketball program hands down. We get the best recruits, we have a great campus, and our coach is a hall of famer.

Reactions: PatWall
It's nice to have one trophy, along with multiple final four appearances. ESPN and other's constant spotlight on the UK program (in a positive light) speaks volumes. We are the best basketball program hands down. We get the best recruits, we have a great campus, and our coach is a hall of famer.
:rolleyes: Congrats on the recruits and your swell campus Mr. Marmalard. I can see it now, everyone on the Big Blue campus, singing folk songs and helping themselves to punch and cookies.

Last edited:
Cue, even your own laugh at the comment that WE are YOUR Super Bowl. You know good and well that this game is circled on your calendar and even more so now that you all think you're pretty good this year. We are searching to get better for the big dance but you all are hoping/expecting to win Saturday. This game means the world to UL fans and especially Ole Ricky. We all know there's a decent chance we may lose but you all are expecting to win....pressures on you. Hope there's no injuries on either side. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Cue, even your own laugh at the comment that WE are YOUR Super Bowl. You know good and well that this game is circled on your calendar and even more so now that you all think you're pretty good this year. We are searching to get better for the big dance but you all are hoping/expecting to win Saturday. This game means the world to UL fans and especially Ole Ricky. We all know there's a decent chance we may lose but you all are expecting to win....pressures on you. Hope there's no injuries on either side. Good luck and Merry Christmas.
Yes it means the world to the fans. I 100% agree, but guess what my blue furry friend, the fans don't get to play the game. I'm not talking about the fans when I say this game is UofK's Super Bowl. I'm talking about the players and especially Pitino lite AKA John Calipari. He has ALWAYS wanted to be Rick Pitino and have the success Rick Pitino has enjoyed over the years, but the only way he can even think about getting there is to beat him head to head, and he wasn't able to do that until Uncle Wes started funneling him top talent so his inept coaching skills were an after thought.

See, no matter how great a coach Pitino is, he still needs talented players to win. He just doesn't need as much talent as John Calipari needs. You're right about one thing, the Cardinal fans are hoping the talent gap is close enough for Pitino to coach his team to a win this year, but then again, the Cardinals aren't the team with 5 star talent up and down the roster. That is UofK. That is why Calipari has dominated the head to head match ups with Pitino since landing in Lexington. Uncle Wes makes sure his buddy has top talent every year. It'll end eventually. Maybe this is the year.

UConn and Duke may disagree that you're the "best basketball program hands down." But congrats on the "constant spotlight" and "great campus."

Reactions: LockdownCard
Say what you want Cue. The old blah, blah, blah Uncle Wes story is played out but if you want to keep believing that, so be it. Kind of like the whole Karen Sypher jokes on RR. I'm tired of that too. As for the coaching abilities, say what you want but I believe, as most, it takes way more talent to coach new freshman every year and win with that than it does to win with juniors and seniors. Cal does a great job but sometimes you miss with young talent like Skal. Pitino knows pretty much every year what he has to play with and how to run that team. Cal has to draw kl something new pretty much every year and sometimes in pans out (2011) and sometimes it doesn't. Cal is a hell of a coach at what he does and hopefully he can prove that once again when he takes Rick to the woodshed Saturday.

Say what you want Cue. The old blah, blah, blah Uncle Wes story is played out but if you want to keep believing that, so be it. Kind of like the whole Karen Sypher jokes on RR. I'm tired of that too. As for the coaching abilities, say what you want but I believe, as most, it takes way more talent to coach new freshman every year and win with that than it does to win with juniors and seniors. Cal does a great job but sometimes you miss with young talent like Skal. Pitino knows pretty much every year what he has to play with and how to run that team. Cal has to draw kl something new pretty much every year and sometimes in pans out (2011) and sometimes it doesn't. Cal is a hell of a coach at what he does and hopefully he can prove that once again when he takes Rick to the woodshed Saturday.
Why thank you. I will say what I want. I don't understand the Sypher versus Wesley angle, but to each his own. Sypher is currently in prison for extortion, and Wesley is still funneling players to his friends including his best friend John Calipari. Only a UofK fan would try to compare the two situations. Hilarious but true.

If you call rolling the ball out and tell his phenom freshmen to go after it coaching, then good for you. I personally prefer to see a coach develop kids into basketball players. Pitino does this. Calipari does not. All coaches hit or miss on occasion but I promise you there are more kids who never would have had a chance at playing pro ball in the coach Pitino coaching camp versus kids who weren't thought to be pros but became pros in the Calipari camp.

What about the coaching tree? Pitino has a beautiful coaching tree full of well developed limbs and leaves while Calipari has a Charlie Brown looking coaching tree. That proves one is a true coach while the other is a self promoter and handler. If you're too blind to see that, then you're beyond help understanding the game.

As a UK fan, I've gone into every game we have played with Calipari vs U of L expecting to win, with the exception of 2012, because I felt you guys had the better team. This year I feel the same way. Obviously in a rivalry game, things can go either way and recent history tells us this game will be close, but I'd expect that you guys should win this game on paper by double digits. Better talent, better coach, etc. This UK team is reminding me more and more of that 2012/13 UK team every game. Overrated. These kids coming out of high school are coin flips. Cal has actually been very lucky in mostly avoiding extreme busts ranked in the top 10 coming out of high school, but he is not immune to them. Skal looks like the biggest bust since Josh Selby.

uahkay has a very distinct advantage in this year's game . . . corrupt arena. And I'll bet a dime to a blue ass fly that Wes will have a prime seat in corrupt arena right behind his recruiting class. And, guess what, Ms. Sypher will be eating her lunch in prison where she belongs.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT