ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Walz says Take NIL money away for players turnovers, players o/w don't care

It's nearly impossible to hold players accountable in the new climate. Great HC's have retired due to the changes, and more will follow them.

Clearly he's just exiting an emotional game where he got tossed, but it's pretty obvious he's not a fan of the changes. Doesn't sound like a guy that will be around much longer. Can't blame him if he leaves the business, or any others.

Reactions: glassmanJ
Fine the players for turnovers, you got to love Jeff! How about we fine refs for blown calls as well? Maybe they would improve. That's one frustrated coach.

It's what I figured it was. There's players who are not on board for team as they are for their own personal needs. Unfortunately, it's some of the more talented players. I'm guessing Jefferson and Taylor.

Walz just has to be better with transfers and make sure the talented ones also are team players. May be a lot harder than thought though.

JW said the best teams in the country are working with about three quarters of a million annually in NIL money. And his program is attracting about half that amount.

So he also doesn't have as much to take away if he tried.

No coach I've seen beats the NIL drum harder at U of L than Walz. And it's obvious when he talks about NIL that he hates it...

What they need to do is fine the refs for bad calls and the fine could be determined by how bad the call was. The ref in the Louisville vs ND game who did not call an inbounds violation while we was standing right there should be fined at the highest level. The ref in the Syracuse game who called an intentional foul which caused the outcome of that game should fouled at the highest level. At the end of the season if you have a certain amount of awful cause you she be either fined or fired.
They also need to have more reviews on obvious bad calls, I know critics will say it will lengthen the game to long. The important thing is getting the right call for the layers involved. They could allow each team to call for a review 3 or 4 times per half.

I am sorry for the wrong words in certain places but my computer is jumping all over the place putting correct spell words by itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT