ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Johnson- Trez Really Made Me Work

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
U of L coach Rick Pitino believes Jaylen Johnson can fill that void.

And Johnson, a 6-foot-9 sophomore from Ypislanti, Mich., is confident in his abilities.

"I feel like I came a long way last year," Johnson said. "I think I went from a player who came in late to one that coach knew he could put into the game and trust to get the job done. I came a long way.

"A lot of that was because of Trez and how he made me work."

Johnson said he's like Harrell in that he "wants to dunk everything," but he also wanted to make sure folks know that he's not going to be the same type of player that Harrell was at U of L.

"I feel like I'm ready to get in there," Johnson said. "I'm different than Trez. I have a motor and I want to dunk everything, but I can do other things as well on the perimeter. I just want to use what I learned last year and come out better."

"I'm ready to do more," Johnson said. "I'm excited."

Glad to hear that Trez's motor and work ethic rubbed off on a few of the young guys. A big with a motor is always a big plus. I look for Jaylen to have an improved year with some bumps along with the way as he adjusts to more minutes and the college basketball learning curve.

Reactions: beasleythecard
I think Johnson will be one of the big stories next year the brief time he was on the court he did show promise. We sometimes forget about how many knocks you take in practice going up against players like Harrell and how much better that makes you.

U of L coach Rick Pitino believes Jaylen Johnson can fill that void.

And Johnson, a 6-foot-9 sophomore from Ypislanti, Mich., is confident in his abilities.

"I feel like I came a long way last year," Johnson said. "I think I went from a player who came in late to one that coach knew he could put into the game and trust to get the job done. I came a long way.

"A lot of that was because of Trez and how he made me work."

Johnson said he's like Harrell in that he "wants to dunk everything," but he also wanted to make sure folks know that he's not going to be the same type of player that Harrell was at U of L.

"I feel like I'm ready to get in there," Johnson said. "I'm different than Trez. I have a motor and I want to dunk everything, but I can do other things as well on the perimeter. I just want to use what I learned last year and come out better."

"I'm ready to do more," Johnson said. "I'm excited."

Glad to hear that Trez's motor and work ethic rubbed off on a few of the young guys. A big with a motor is always a big plus. I look for Jaylen to have an improved year with some bumps along with the way as he adjusts to more minutes and the college basketball learning curve.
Looking for big things this coming season from Jaylen Johnson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT