ADVERTISEMENT

Guess Im mostly alone?

An upset takes a lot of energy. The coaches put a lot of their effort into beating Notre Dame. That’s a good physical team with a lot of talent. Those games take a toll.

But games like Pitt? I mean you can try to get guys fired up for Pitt, but in all reality it’s not going to be the same. When you don’t have a huge talent advantage, every P5 team you play is going to be tough.

Jeff can get his guys up for those big games. He knows what to do to get it working. You can’t do that every week or it loses its luster and doesn’t work at all.

I love this team. It’s a solid team, but outside of Thrash and Jordan, I don’t see game changers and pro talent all over the field. I see good players that play hard, but not those physically imposing monsters we saw on Charlie’s teams. Now this team could’ve won the Big East most every year we played in that league, but Power 5 is a different animal. Everyone has talent. Everyone has funding into coaching, scouting, recruiting, and training staffs. In the old BigEast and CUSA it generally was a war between haves and have nots. We had big crowds, funded staffs, and recruited well. In smaller leagues you can walk through those bottom teams easier, but the P5 is just different.

Maybe Pitt is down, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have talent. Part Narduzzi still has 2 division title and won the ACC in 2021. Sometimes we just ignore that other programs have good coaches that are scouting us just the same. They’re working hard and practicing. Maybe they’ve lost games, but they aren’t chumps. This isn’t Southern Miss or UConn type teams.

We look at schedules and assume the best about ourselves and assume when everyone is down that it’s just a given we’ll win. It’s not that easy at this level.

just loses the fan base and fan attendance for next year and thus no better than the previous coach.
It’s a ways off but the uk game is definitely a toss up. Both are teams who are expected more from their senior QBs, who have a stud RB and a decent OL. I think UofL’s defense is better than uk’s but not by a wide margin.

Stupes - despite being a terrible in game coach - has developed more depth on the OL / DL and that has been the difference the past few years as UofL has been mostly overpowered at the LOS. Unless and until that changes - this will still be an uphill climb.

Reactions: glassmanJ
It’s a ways off but the uk game is definitely a toss up. Both are teams who are expected more from their senior QBs, who have a stud RB and a decent OL. I think UofL’s defense is better than uk’s but not by a wide margin.

Stupes - despite being a terrible in game coach - has developed more depth on the OL / DL and that has been the difference the past few years as UofL has been mostly overpowered at the LOS. Unless and until that changes - this will still be an uphill climb.

The Kentucky game comes down to injuries imo, if both teams are reasonably healthy I believe we will win and it will be a game that we can control to a certain extent. Last year we played Kentucky fairly well considering our top two running backs were out and Cunningham went into the game not being able to raise his left arm.

We have a great opportunity to redeem our momentum against a very worthy opponent in Duke, provided that Jordan, Brown, Lole, Brownlee and Thrash are able to return healthy and contribute …… we will be just fine.

Two of the best defensive line plays in critical 3rd down situations this season, were executed by Jermayne Lole. This DL transfer is as talented as anyone we have had in a while, but has been injured and limited in the 1-1/2 years since arriving here.

If we have learned anything, we should have learned by now that teams starting out undefeated early, often stumble as the season progresses. I have no idea as to how these injuries will play out for us, but if you look at Jordan, Brown and Thrash alone on the offensive side of the football; it will have an impact on how we finish this season. Having the extra week to heal is most welcome, but there is no assurance it will be sufficient.

Reactions: Cap'n Jim and Deeva
for sure, but given his previous record, just as much chance of us losing the rest of our games. he's gone 6-0 and ended up 6-6 before

No, he has not.

At WKU, he went 8-5, 12-2 and 11-3.

At Purdue, he went 7-6 (started 3-3), 6-7 (started 3-3), 4-8, 2-4, 9-4 and 8-5 (started 4-2).

Last edited:
Watching GameDay today it's apparently clear the consensus is Louisville will have the big head in this game against Pittsburgh.

Reading most of the comments here on Rivals, it's the same sentiment. That neither Brohm or the players are independent of any past results from different players and coaches.

The script is Louisville will let down even against a big time struggling opponent. It's just the usual disrespect from the media and the long suffering pessimism from Cards fans.

I just look at the teams and where they are at. Yes, there may be some letdown by some and yes, Pitt will play better at times, but football is a long game and Louisville just has better talent, more confidence, and much more to win for than Pittsburgh does.

I gave an earlier prediction of a Cards romp, but with possible weather concerns, I'm adjusting my prediction.

Louisville 33
Pittsburgh 16
Just revisiting this. No you weren’t wrong imo as Louisville should have never lost to that bum team.
Their QB couldn’t come close to his receivers but we let him off the hook by not bringing constant 6 and 7 man pressure. He would have never made it through the game.
The offense easily outperformed Pitt’s, but bonehead mistakes by our QB and head coach eliminated all that. Going for the 4th down was inexcusable, and refusing to run the ball was absolutely insane. We may never get a group of running backs like these again once the negative recruiting kicks in. So use them.
So you made choice , it’s Louisville lost the game not Pitt winning it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT