ADVERTISEMENT

Guess Im mostly alone?

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Watching GameDay today it's apparently clear the consensus is Louisville will have the big head in this game against Pittsburgh.

Reading most of the comments here on Rivals, it's the same sentiment. That neither Brohm or the players are independent of any past results from different players and coaches.

The script is Louisville will let down even against a big time struggling opponent. It's just the usual disrespect from the media and the long suffering pessimism from Cards fans.

I just look at the teams and where they are at. Yes, there may be some letdown by some and yes, Pitt will play better at times, but football is a long game and Louisville just has better talent, more confidence, and much more to win for than Pittsburgh does.

I gave an earlier prediction of a Cards romp, but with possible weather concerns, I'm adjusting my prediction.

Louisville 33
Pittsburgh 16

Heard Jeff quote a stat this week that everyone outside Louisville is probably taking seriously...

He beat three Top Ten teams at Purdue and lost the next game all three times...

Reactions: uoflcardsfan
Heard Jeff quote a stat this week that everyone outside Louisville is probably taking seriously...

He beat three Top Ten teams at Purdue and lost the next game all three times...
They should have a board on here just for you, activity here would increase with real Louisville fans. That board would be just like your protest, you’d be alone holding your sign and looking goofy.

Reactions: rh62531
I’m not worried about a big head or any head issue related to the win over ND.
I’m more concerned about Plummers head space on the road. Until he performs on the road as he does at home I will not be comfortable.

At Purdue...at Louisville it hasn't happened. Though I see the possibility after beating fl st in acc championship and then maybe losing in the playoffs 🤔

I think some people around here see a letdown as a possibility and the bad weather adds something too. + PITT coming off the bye. So there are a couple things happening. But I'm not sure anyone is predicting a loss for the Cards around here.

Even though PITT is down they still have similar talent per that star rating more than likely.

Talking heads are going to have a tough time picking upsets against elite programs, it's like they are really afraid to do that. But they see Louisville as a circumstantial team more than Ohio St etc.

To be fair, the big chalks play low ring teams this week. Not a ton of upset angles.

I'll take a win with any score.

Reactions: Mayoman and SoulSr
It seems Corso has also been picking against UofL at every turn for years. At least, this is what I hear. I'm unsure if that's true, or what that's about? Kind of reminds me of when Digger Phelps used to pick against the Cards in hoops and he was wrong about it most of the time.

Bama @ Arkansas just almost lost. Bama barely won 24 -21, normally they would have crushed Arkansas and Saban is pissed.

So yeah, all road games are tough especially after a big win.
Alabama was at home today against Arkansas and everyone knows this isn't the usual Alabama team.

Reactions: CardsFirst
It seems Corso has also been picking against UofL at every turn for years. At least, this is what I hear. I'm unsure if that's true, or what that's about? Kind of reminds me of when Digger Phelps used to pick against the Cards in hoops and he was wrong about it most of the time.
Well Corso picked FSU in ‘16 when when we blew them out of Cardinal Stadium. Let’s hope he’s as wrong about tonight as he was then.

Corso IMO chafes at the difference in support there is for U of L football now compared to his tenure. Always remember the irony of leaving Louisville for IU. No one would believe that today…

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
I'm going to assume if JB is talking to the media about losing after big wins he's done all he can do to tell his team about it. Ultimately these are young guys and it's a great test to see if they can fire it up after last week's epic W.

Reactions: UofLouisville
I'm going to assume if JB is talking to the media about losing after big wins he's done all he can do to tell his team about it. Ultimately these are young guys and it's a great test to see if they can fire it up after last week's epic W.
That's what can make a team better than good by moving on from last week and focusing on taking care of business in the next game.

Proves my point even more. They are 5-1 and top of the West.

I think we win, but we ain't blowing them out.
How is that prove anything? I can make a counterpoint of a team that blew out their next opponent after a big win.

Your incorrect knowledge of Alabama being at home only proves that you want to be right on your opinion no matter what.

And why can't Louisville blow out Pitt? The Panthers are 1 and 4 and average just 308 total yards a game, and they're changing their starting QB.

I see nothing from you about what Pitt will do against Louisville's defense that they haven't been able to do so far this season. Why a backup QB is going to be more successful against the Cards?

All I get is this notion that Louisville cannot overcome the high of beating Notre Dame or that Brohm lost games at Purdue. Nothing but what seems to me is just plain pessimism for the sake of it.

So had the Cards lost to ND, would you still believe they would barely beat Pittsburgh?

What I do know is if Louisville loses or even struggles to beat this Pittsburgh team, than we can all forget about this team doing anything special this season.

How is that prove anything? I can make a counterpoint of a team that blew out their next opponent after a big win.

Your incorrect knowledge of Alabama being at home only proves that you want to be right on your opinion no matter what.

And why can't Louisville blow out Pitt? The Panthers are 1 and 4 and average just 308 total yards a game, and they're changing their starting QB.

I see nothing from you about what Pitt will do against Louisville's defense that they haven't been able to do so far this season. Why a backup QB is going to be more successful against the Cards?

All I get is this notion that Louisville cannot overcome the high of beating Notre Dame or that Brohm lost games at Purdue. Nothing but what seems to me is just plain pessimism for the sake of it.

So had the Cards lost to ND, would you still believe they would barely beat Pittsburgh?

What I do know is if Louisville loses or even struggles to beat this Pittsburgh team, than we can all forget about this team doing anything special this season.
Well, I tried to tell you....

Well guys and gals, I was wrong. I guess it's impossible for Brohm to win after he beats a top 10 team. The absolute ineptness at QB is just not going to allow this team to really do something special. He has alone lost this game if we do indeed lose.

Don't think the team was not ready to play, they are just being out performed at QB.

Watching GameDay today it's apparently clear the consensus is Louisville will have the big head in this game against Pittsburgh.

Reading most of the comments here on Rivals, it's the same sentiment. That neither Brohm or the players are independent of any past results from different players and coaches.

The script is Louisville will let down even against a big time struggling opponent. It's just the usual disrespect from the media and the long suffering pessimism from Cards fans.

I just look at the teams and where they are at. Yes, there may be some letdown by some and yes, Pitt will play better at times, but football is a long game and Louisville just has better talent, more confidence, and much more to win for than Pittsburgh does.

I gave an earlier prediction of a Cards romp, but with possible weather concerns, I'm adjusting my prediction.

Louisville 33
Pittsburgh 16
Yes, you’re the only ****ing one. Good call.

Plummer was not a highly coveted QB in the portal. He's been an avg QB, he had very little to do with the upset over ND. He had an extraordinary game vs BC but the rest has been mediocre. He can't run either, good to great QBs find a way with their legs at this level if things aren't working over the top. He made a huge mistake @ NC St his defense bailed him out but tonight they couldn't save him.

Reactions: SpotHogCard

Louisville 33
Pittsburgh 16
Maybe stop acting like a know it all now.

Maybe stop acting like a know it all now.
I'm far from a know it all. I should have known the QB couldn't be counted on. I've been right and I've been wrong and I will be both again for as long as I follow sports.

I never get caught up what talking heads say because it doesn’t matter. Doesn’t matter how games are won or lost just win.

It is a talent issue for the most part in college football. When your talent is average it eventually gets you beat. In most cases it gets you 3-4 times a year. The team is flat out better and play that way. Team is equal to you but play better. Team isn’t as talent but you play terrible.

This team isn’t that talented at QB or WR. QB has average arm and slow with decisions. WR’s don’t have great hands. Thrash is a elite athlete but hands are suspect same goes for basically all the receivers. The offensive line is good as are the backs.

It is somewhat of a reality check. You can have really good teams with average talent but the margin for error is really small.

Plummer was not a highly coveted QB in the portal. He's been an avg QB, he had very little to do with the upset over ND. He had an extraordinary game vs BC but the rest has been mediocre. He can't run either, good to great QBs find a way with their legs at this level if things aren't working over the top. He made a huge mistake @ NC St his defense bailed him out but tonight they couldn't save him.
He doesn't have any pocket presence and panics when pressured.

Correct. He is slow because he is trying to make something out of nothing. He has to learn to chuck it. The strip sack was ridiculous to take a sack. He saw it was covered throw it in the ground live another day instead bang fumble. Pitt goes down and scores.

That game comes down to 2 plays if he makes them. Throws that away as long as doesn’t make another stupid mistake they get at least 3 up ten. The missed pass to Thrash that a low level high school kid could make that was a walk in TD. Instead he misses it enough that forces Thrash to lunge and fall. Pick six. Instead of a plus 10-14 they ended up a negative 14.

Then to add to his mistakes the staff decides to go for it on 4th down which was a stupid decision and then they use the smaller back instead of the thumper. Add another 3 points.

I get it there are other plays but those 3 plays swung the momentum. At this level that can’t happen.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT