ADVERTISEMENT

GT vs Louisville

Plummer might know the offense. He might be smart. Crap accuracy. Accuracy is kind of important.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
Cards let GT stay in the game and now a couple big plays and they're in control. The two field goals instead of TD's gave GT momentum.

Plummer's bad performance is the reason. The officiating hasn't caused our QB to throw like he's scared. We were moving the ball on the ground and broke down in the red zone. Looks very familiar.

Now Brohm has to open up the offense and Plummer will have his chance to improve on his performance. If he doesn't, he should be pulled.

Good drive we are going to have to do that more often in this game. I think we are going to have a problem with Cooley he is gaining big chunks of yardage every time he touches the ball.

Defense is definitely struggling against the run. We looked dominant early when GT was trying to pass, but give them credit, they adjusted and are running the ball down our throat.

Honeymoon is over. Plummer blows. D looked good early. Sucks ass now. Was not a fan of the English hire. Get this turned around in the 2nd half. Pretty bad showing so far.

Wow! I was definitely over confident, but to my defense, I was relying on the word that Jack Plummer was a great QB. I don't see that at all. I know it's early but the freshman may need to get a shot.

The defense looks lost now that they are getting rushed over. GT looks good with the kind of play calling and QB play I expected from Louisville.

Well, it's a long season and we were blown out in game 1 last season.

I suppose there’s a reason the QB room is almost a bakers dozen. Plummer, oy vey. He’s terrible.

Preseason hype is ridiculous. Louisville doesn’t have that kind of talent to believe 9-10 wins. Fall for it every year. They will be fine but the defense quit in the 2nd quarter.

We will see what happens in 2nd half.

Getting whipped up front on both lines after the first 10 minutes and Plummer has been indecisive and inaccurate. Not a good look for a guy with his experience.

Halftime is a Godsend for the Cards right now.

Missed opportunities in the first quarter, and then BAM, 2nd quarter begins and GT took over in every phase of the game

It really is becoming very clear the talent in the trenches continues to be a problem.

Well I said if Plummer were to start performing like his reputation, we might have a chance. It helped when Brohm got Thrash more touches and that jump started the offense. We are stacked at WR.

The defense rebounded tremendously after that horrible 2nd quarter. There were all kinds of names making plays that weren't talked about that much during the summer.

That sack and fumble by Tell was the key to the victory. That turned the game.

So now that the first game is over, I have much the same outlook I had if there's no more poor play like that from Plummer. This team is loaded at receiver and have three great backs. Plummer was rarely harassed so the OL held up.

Brohm didn't go crazy with mis direction or trick plays, but you could see the difference from the past few years.

Defense has a lot of depth and potential and I think Ron English is fine as DC. We can't blame a coach every time things don't go right. I think the guys were shocked at that 2nd quarter. Momentum as we all know is real and GT took advantage. But adjustments were made and they shut down GT in the 2nd half. Are we to give credit to Coach English for that?

One more thing, GT had some impressive receivers and we all know of Cooley's potential. If their QB performs like that 2nd quarter, GT will surprise some teams.

Great game guys! I think both teams learned a lot about themselves. A few observations. Both teams have good skill players, both teams QB’s will need to get more consistent, both missed some throws for big gains or to potentially extend drives. On defense tackling needs to get better. Imo both teams are average teams this year unless they improve a decent bit which is very possible. I’d say both are 6-6 or 7-5 type teams although Louisvilles schedule sets up for a win or two more than that. Both in the ACC will finish around 4th to 7th if I had to guess. Good luck on the remainder of the season.

I was very impressed with GT‘s skill position talent, and the Jackets secondary may explain some of Plummer’s early throws going so low ……. no way of knowing for sure, but I think Jack was cautioned pregame about throwing into that coverage, as it was very good.

Make the ACC proud GT; good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT