ADVERTISEMENT

GT vs CARDS series

Huge 0-out double play in the 8th when we were up
11-6 was big. They had bases juiced 0 outs down 5. That was a close one. Cards win 13-6

Reactions: PHCARD
I got a good laugh out of Tyeler Hawkins venture around the bases for our 12th run.
This team is loaded. We’ve got our slump out of the way. Forward Cards!
Pretty wild to be standing on 2nd base after a strikeout

Kirian (2-0) looked comfortable starting again after allowing just 1 run on 4 hits and striking out 3, with 0 walks. The lone run was a home run he gave up in the 2nd inning. Freshman Kaleb Corbett was lights out again from the bullpen, it appears that he is going to be heavily relied up from the bullpen and it looks like he is ready for that role. 13 runs on 11 hits and 10 (!!) walks. That will win you just about every game you play.

Let’s go win this series tomorrow at 2.

Reactions: gocds
The team needed something good to happen. It did.
On a side note, what's in the water out in the state? Murray St. neatly knocks off #1 Arkansas yesterday,losing 7-6. We get Murray Tuesday.

The Covid season has affected all college sports, and baseball is the latest to join the basketball upsets.

The loss to Morehead and the GT surge have one thing in common ........ both go back to UL relief pitchers struggling with finding the strike zone in the 8th inning. Yesterday would have been comical, had it not been so discouraging, as we watched consecutive base on balls leading to unearned runs. The misjudged fly ball error only added to the circus.

Reactions: earsky
Clean baseball is harder than it seems,so it seems. Lots of room to grow for these guys,but it's not hard to see it's there.

Tech was on the receiving end of a bit of karma yesterday when they intentionally walked Masterman to load the bases, so they could face Binelas. I’ll give them credit. Their scouting report was accurate. Binelas is off to a slow start. But, he’s still an All American and a projected first round pick. Respect is warranted. They outsmarted themselves. 4 pitch walk. Lol.

Relief pitchers have to throw strikes. Period. Can’t say this enough times.

Last edited:
Reactions: earsky
Relief pitchers have to throw strikes. Period. Can’t say this enough tomes.
I remember talking about the Pen being a major strength of the team.
It might be another 3 weeks till the rotations figure themselves out.
Lots of questions for sure.

Reactions: Bardman
Like the unis. Let’s hope we see solid contact again today at the plate.

If you put the ball in play against this GT team, good things will happen. Usher scores on a wild pitch after advancing to third on an error. Louisville leads 1-0 heading into the bottom of the second.

If he doesn’t get the inside corner he has no shot. He had some tough luck with not getting some calls. He has to move the ball around the plate. His stuff is OK pitching from behind is not going to work out of him.

We will see how he does in the next outing.

Is it now obvious Elliott is not a starting pitcher? 18 earned runs in entire career as a reliever and 9 today as a starter.

Is it now obvious Elliott is not a starting pitcher? 18 earned runs in entire career as a reliever and 9 today as a starter.
I was ready to post the exact same thing. He is a superior pitcher from the pen. Starting...not so much. Still, not hitting the ball well enough and making dumb plays on the bases.

This is unbelievable vs yesterday. SOS, just on us today.

I’m about done for today. Let’s go watch our basketball team lose to Virginia.

Shocking to see the mental errors after the performance yesterday. Put this one behind and try to win the series tomorrow.

This is just not one of our better teams. The Cards are due for a mediocre season. You can't win 40 games every year in college baseball.
That may be to dumbest plays I have ever seen. Bases loaded foul or fair you aren’t going back to the bag on a ground ball dribbler.

They have issues across the board. Pitching is going to be a problem. Not electric arms. Hitting will get better.

I am keeping in mind it is still early But, the pitching has me worried. Batting...there are hitters up and down the lineup. Yet, they are not approaching at-bats with poise and confidence (IMO).

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT