ADVERTISEMENT

Garrett Schmeltz to get the start tomorrow.

I'm a little surprised he's announced it already. I like the way he's been pitching and I thought Pitt figured something out in that 3rd or 4th inning with either him or Williams' pitch sequence.

Coach is the best coach in America and support him 100%, but I am firm believer in pitching best available in postseason. I'd go with Poland, put pressure on the other teams and hope for us to scratch out another couple of wins.

I am still fine with no Poland Friday. While I like Schmeltz I am really thrown off by the choice.

Would be surprised if SEMO batters get to see him a 2nd time through the order. Kuehner would be my bet and try to bridge to Hawks & Prosecky (if situation warrants).

I’m okay with this move, I just hope he doesn’t bring Poland out of the pen again. I think starters tend to struggle coming in as relievers more than relievers starting a game. Interested to see if Tate sees a start this post season, he’s really come into his own as the season went on.

Reactions: Bardman
I’m ok with Poland not starting. I agree that Schmeltz may only go 2 or 3 innings unless we build an early lead, which is key. My concern is when Poland actually does start because of the lengthy layoff between starts. SP’s need a routine.

Just avoid putting the opponents on base via walks! Getting behind the count has been a huge problem for this rotation all year. You see some guy’s hitting below .200 and we struggle finding the strike zone ….. that has to stop going forward.

Garrett looked great those first 2 innings against Pitt. I think the plan is to duplicate that and maybe some more.
The bigger the lead the longer the leash.

Would be surprised if SEMO batters get to see him a 2nd time through the order. Kuehner would be my bet and try to bridge to Hawks & Prosecky (if situation warrants).
I think you might be right. Can't help but wonder if SEMO feels a little disrespected.

FUVyBpyUYAAs5V5

I like this lineup.

Coach Williams gotta keep these guys off balance all day. I gotta feeling we're bout to see Battle Royale.

Garrett Schmeltz been waiting for this moment since he stepped on campus.
Congratulations Garrett on a fine performance.

Garrett was superb. He was let down by his defense early.

Two (2) early and uncharacteristic errors, otherwise a shutout would have not been out of the question.

Garrett came through big and Tate did his job. We are in very good spot, so let's take care of business.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT