ADVERTISEMENT

Dusty May

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
I think this is gonna be our next coach. Currently making $1.25M and has a $1M buyout. He's from southwest Indiana, coaches at an adidas school, has a Final Four and has shown continuous improvement at FAU. He was able to get the entire roster to return this year and they have been a top 25 team most of the season. FAU averages nearly 84 points per game. There is a belief that coaching Indiana is his dream but I don’t see IU firing Woodson this year and I think IU’s first pick would be Bruce Pearl.

Pretty impressive what he’s done there. FAU had 7 straight losing seasons before he got there going 74-143 and have 6 straight winning seasons under May, including going 55-10 the last 2 years.

I watched the FAU-USF game on Sunday and liked the way his team fought down to the wire after getting ambushed on the road in a tough environment against a good team.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
As long as he is actually going to use NIL as a recruiting tool unlike Mr Culture that would be fine. He also has experience as a head coach which is a plus.
He was able to keep his roster intact so didn’t have to use portal. Not sure about his or FAU’s NIL capabilities.

Are we okay with him if he takes the IU job in let's say 3 or 4 years? How many years do we want out of him? How long to turn our program around? If he leaves after 2 years what do we then do?

always sunny vote GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

There's going to be so many rumors. I'm going to cross the bridge when we get to it. Right now I see the HC here is Kenny.

I think this is gonna be our next coach. Currently making $1.25M and has a $1M buyout. He's from southwest Indiana, coaches at an adidas school, has a Final Four and has shown continuous improvement at FAU. He was able to get the entire roster to return this year and they have been a top 25 team most of the season. FAU averages nearly 84 points per game. There is a belief that coaching Indiana is his dream but I don’t see IU firing Woodson this year and I think IU’s first pick would be Bruce Pearl.
WITF is IU’s first choice Pearl? Really don’t see that.

My concern with him is IU as well. UL not a stepping stone but May might see it that way. May not too! (See what I did there?).
Are we okay with him if he takes the IU job in let's say 3 or 4 years? How many years do we want out of him? How long to turn our program around? If he leaves after 2 years what do we then do?
We can just hire him with a $10 million dollar buyout. If he leaves for IU we make money off him..

Doesn't matter, he's not going to be the hire. Just my opinion with absolutely no facts to back it up...

Definitely a valid point but if we can get him (assuming we make a change) a lot of good things can happen if he has success here and maybe he does what Denny did 51 years ago. Definitely a different day and situation but it would be worth that small risk.

First thing is to get this program competitive again.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
Hell if anyone can give us 2,3,4 years of competitive WINNING basketball and then leaves, we will be in a better position to attract whoever we want. By that point it will be easier to attract a coach who has a track record of being successful in this new college sports environment.

If IU wants to pay a buyout then so be it. I’m sure he feels strong ties to IU but I believe in the UofL brand.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
We can just hire him with a $10 million dollar buyout. If he leaves for IU we make money off him..

Doesn't matter, he's not going to be the hire. Just my opinion with absolutely no facts to back it up...
A nice buyout a couple years down the road would be nice.

Not interest in a short timer. We need someone who wants this job and they’re candidates out there equal to him or better that won’t jump ship. I don’t want to be playing the new coach game 2 to 3 years from now.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT