ADVERTISEMENT

Damage is done

Louisville Fans.........I am an IU Alum with some insight to this. This story has absolutely 100% nothing to do with IU other than the owner of the publishing company went to IU for law school. He asked for an introduction without telling the IU AD department why. IU had no idea why when passing on a name and a contact. IU has no part of this, not part of this story. The man that owns the publishing company asked for an introduction. Once the introduction was given, he then told Louisville and IU why.

The man that owns the publishing company and has the IU LAW SCHOOL named for him didn't probe for this story. The story showed up on his desk and before saying "RUN WITH IT" he did his due diligence, hired the right people, vetted the story and asked for confirmation before it went to print.

I know this man very well, he is a very good man, very smart and does not need $$. He is a LAWYER that would not put himself or his business in jeopardy without doing the background and getting the facts.

Rick Pitino, Louisville and AD had no idea this was going on at all. This was one bad apple that did this for HS players. However, If it was under Pitino's watch, he is in trouble.

I think the World of Pitino as a coach and wish he was at IU, But he is in trouble here because it was under his watch.

This is nothing to do with IU.

I agree that IU had nothing to do with this. However, I do not understand why the publisher, especially if he is all everyone says he is, would want to be involved with such a book that was written by a drugged up prostitute that pimped her daughters and is hell bent on making money at the risk of ruining the lives of many innocent people. Why would someone at this level really want the association with this situation. I just do not get it!

Very simple..........for both you. He believes he has enough facts to proof that the story is true. That is why he is publishing it.

He is a business man with a true story and a way to make money from it.

You are throwing stones at the wrong person here. For sure she is a whore, pimp and trash. It doesn't make her story not true.

She is a whore that had set this up for a long time. If doesn't get the story, another publisher would have

I would be embarrassed to know him. And I have more respect for the players involved. At least they were YOUNG and NAIVE. He struck a business deal with a prostitute who's only purpose was to profit off destroying lives, that says a lot.

Pretty well said.

Very simple..........for both you. He believes he has enough facts to proof that the story is true. That is why he is publishing it.

He is a business man with a true story and a way to make money from it.

You are throwing stones at the wrong person here. For sure she is a whore, pimp and trash. It doesn't make her story not true.

She is a whore that had set this up for a long time. If doesn't get the story, another publisher would have

I wouldn't be surprised if she was turned down 10 times by more reputable companies. Fact is your buddy, IU's buddy is an embarrassment. One way to look at it, he published a book about teenage sex written by a prostitute who pimped her own daughters. He's trying to help her financially. She's not an author or writer, so someone had help write it. He told her tale. And it is classless to say the least.

IU should be proud of this guy. He's apparently one of your best.

To answer the question regarding what has sUcK done since Calipari, I can only say what former players of their program have said. Several players have made public comments about the perks of playing for sUcK. The most recent was Eric Bledsoe who posted on his Facebook page, " If your a recruit you should go to Kentucky, they will get you anything you want sex, drugs, money it doesn't matter ".

Reactions: blubo
I wouldn't be surprised if she was turned down 10 times by more reputable companies. Fact is your buddy, IU's buddy is an embarrassment. One way to look at it, he published a book about teenage sex written by a prostitute who pimped her own daughters. He's trying to help her financially. She's not an author or writer, so someone had help write it. He told her tale. And it is classless to say the least.

IU should be proud of this guy. He's apparently one of your best.

Supposedly they had attorneys at the publisher look over the claims. What reputable lawyer would allow someone to implicate themselves in sex trafficking of minors? Was his hunger to get this book published so big that he allowed his client to admit to serious felonies? Just on the face of it, this publisher guy sounds like a money-hungry POS.

Once Again you are Wrong and Looking to cast stones at the wrong people.

Indianapolis Business Journal did not seek this story. Once approached, they threw their best at to vet through the claim. They had a pulitzer priced journalist look through the claims. They had lawyers look at all the documents, texts and pictures.

I am not here to debate this lady isn't a money grubbing whore that would pimp out her kids. That is obviously what she did. She is trash for sure. I also do believe Pitino knew nothing about this. I think Pitino is awesome.

I was here to tell you originally that this has nothing to do with Indiana University or the Athletic Department at Indiana University.

I also have nothing to positive things to say about your AD, Pitino and most your teams. I do think Petrino is a scumbag but he can sure coach.

The publisher does not "need" the money. He has a story that his company thinks is true so they are going to print it.

Unfortunately all we will have to be patient and let the facts and truth unfold. In Jurich we trust. All Card fans stay together and support the players. Go CARDS

Mike in INDY

I read the book today. It's pretty apparent that McGee and Powell had some kind of personal relationship. But I didn't read or see anything in the book that was damming to Louisville players or recruits.

Once Again you are Wrong and Looking to cast stones at the wrong people.

Indianapolis Business Journal did not seek this story. Once approached, they threw their best at to vet through the claim. They had a pulitzer priced journalist look through the claims. They had lawyers look at all the documents, texts and pictures.

I am not here to debate this lady isn't a money grubbing whore that would pimp out her kids. That is obviously what she did. She is trash for sure. I also do believe Pitino knew nothing about this. I think Pitino is awesome.

I was here to tell you originally that this has nothing to do with Indiana University or the Athletic Department at Indiana University.

I also have nothing to positive things to say about your AD, Pitino and most your teams. I do think Petrino is a scumbag but he can sure coach.

The publisher does not "need" the money. He has a story that his company thinks is true so they are going to print it.

She had dirt that few would touch and your guy wrote the story. Plain and simple. He should have known better. People's lives do matter. So just like a prostitute, seems he'll do anything for money.

To answer the question regarding what has sUcK done since Calipari, I can only say what former players of their program have said. Several players have made public comments about the perks of playing for sUcK. The most recent was Eric Bledsoe who posted on his Facebook page, " If your a recruit you should go to Kentucky, they will get you anything you want sex, drugs, money it doesn't matter ".
Prove it !

How do you know they used reputable lawyers, there plenty of sleezey lawyers out there ?

This is like a caricature of an internet fan post about a rival - wrong in literally every respect but stated with an unshakable confidence.

1. It wasn't Eric Bledsoe.
2. It wasn't Facebook.
3. That's not what he said.

So let me help you out a little bit. It was Doron Lamb, on Twitter, who said "If you play ball for UK you can get whatever u want trust me I know". Yes, the lack of punctuation is obnoxious, as is the internet-kiddie use of "u". But then again, you conflated you're/your, so let's not head down that road.

So what you're referring to in reality is a way, way, less damning statement that could apply to any of a million things. He was known to be quite fond of weed and ass (obtained from the student body), going by the student rumor mill, and I'm sure he obtained both easily.

So no, not a great tweet, and no UK fan would tell you that Doron was a model citizen while he was here. Last in the gym, first out, too many extracurriculars.

I like the rivalry - if these allegations are true, then I hope you guys clean out who you need to and remain competitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee Jkwo thanks for setting the poster straight on the Doron Lamb sex and drugs tweet.

Given that revolving door I think the poster deserves a pass for applying quotes to the wrong people, it's not that easy to keep up.

Do we not see the irony here? We just gave a pass to a poster who blatantly misquoted a source and then posted it as if it were gospel and then people accept it. Yet now we want to discredit the publisher, not the source for the same thing. Please try to check your facts before posting...

Would he have published it if his son was involved? Well, somebody's son was involved! I used to think protecting the first amendment was important. But the older I get the more I realize it's the one amendment that needs changing the most. When it's used to shame and embarrass people for no other reason than profit or agendas...That's worse than using a gun.

In my mind, this publisher had intent to do damage to our university and to some extent my degree. So F-HIM!

I was listening to Deener this morning who had Billy Reed on. Billy brought up an interesting and very plausible explanation. It is very possible that someone stole Andre's phone and set up the Cards. Think about it. This would explain how NO ONE had any idea that this was going on. Rick's talked to at least 15 people with no clue of this. Trez didn't know, Terry didn't know, Tom didn't know. How could this be happening for 4 years and no one have a clue? Well, maybe the answer is the simple one. Andre was setup. I think Billy could have something and I hope he writes about it.

This is ALL bs! If this had been true, it would have been exposed Loooooong before now!
This is dead on. No way this could have been hidden for this long if it was true. With the local media practically hating UofL and just looking for any reason to hammer us, this would have been exposed long ago. Pat Forde has been licking his chops for something like this for years.

I'd really like to see a screen shot of that. In today's age someone should of got that right?

Reactions: BristolCat
I was listening to Deener this morning who had Billy Reed on. Billy brought up an interesting and very plausible explanation. It is very possible that someone stole Andre's phone and set up the Cards. Think about it. This would explain how NO ONE had any idea that this was going on. Rick's talked to at least 15 people with no clue of this. Trez didn't know, Terry didn't know, Tom didn't know. How could this be happening for 4 years and no one have a clue? Well, maybe the answer is the simple one. Andre was setup. I think Billy could have something and I hope he writes about it.
Simple answer to this scenario. Did Andre report the phone as missing, or replace the phone in that period of time? Very easy to look into this one.

Simple answer to this scenario. Did Andre report the phone as missing, or replace the phone in that period of time? Very easy to look into this one.
That's a good point and I don't know. Again, this was not my original thought. I just heard Billy Reed say it and it seemed to make sense. What if it was someone close to him that was doing it over and over again like while ANdre was sleeping or during a game while he wasn't paying attention to his phone? What if someone hacked into his phone and the phone never left his sight and he had no idea that this all happened? Not saying that's what happened but it's a possiblity and would make more sense.

It appears, according to Cady, that the boys went "Blazing Saddles" on her - you know, "Where da' white women !" - That's probably when she stated "I'll get those bastards !"

This is dead on. No way this could have been hidden for this long if it was true. With the local media practically hating UofL and just looking for any reason to hammer us, this would have been exposed long ago. Pat Forde has been licking his chops for something like this for years.
I remember when Forde and Bozich were labeled Dumb and Dumber (i'm not sure who was who) with the great Samaki Walker CD player scandal. Now Crawford has joined the group. I'm very disappointed. Not because Crawford is reporting a story about my team, but because of his giving greater credibility to statements than they deserve at this time. A Pulitzer prize writer has vetted the story?! Yes he was. Many years ago. In the interim he may have lost his luster. Crawford didn't mention this.

Hey guys! New to posting here. Long time lurker here. Reading too much craziness here and over at UK's board , so it's going to force me to start posting. haha.

Crazy stuff but I don't think recruiting will be hurt unless the NCAA punished us. Can't see that happening really. A book isn't going to do that from a streetwalker. People will forget, and recruits care about basketball, not where the booty is coming from.

jkwo, I made a mistake on the player being Eric Bledsoe and not Doron Lamb but I didn't make a mistake on the content of the message that was sent. I was wondering since so many sUcK fans want proof of the message can you post a copy of the Twitter page.

I just finished reading an interesting article written by Mike Rutherford which does raise some interesting questions. In the article he does raise suspicions as to why the book was published and an IU connection.
He also brings out another point regarding Antonio Blakeney, so many people are connecting Andre McGhee and Antonio Blakeney. Andre McGhee was not involved with any recruiting at all and he was already at UMKC before Blakeney came to Louisville. Blakeney has denied having any thing to do with any prostitutes and he has taken a lie detector test.
The article also says the book has pictures with Louisville players and pictures in the lobby of Minardi Hall. The pictures are very generic that could have been taken as fan oriented but not proof of any foul play.
Since one of my previous post has questioned the content of my post you should google the article for yourself. Since I am sending this message from my phone and don't give a damn about all the punctuation I hope you are able to read this.

I just finished reading an interesting article written by Mike Rutherford which does raise some interesting questions. In the article he does raise suspicions as to why the book was published and an IU connection.
He also brings out another point regarding Antonio Blakeney, so many people are connecting Andre McGhee and Antonio Blakeney. Andre McGhee was not involved with any recruiting at all and he was already at UMKC before Blakeney came to Louisville. Blakeney has denied having any thing to do with any prostitutes and he has taken a lie detector test.
The article also says the book has pictures with Louisville players and pictures in the lobby of Minardi Hall. The pictures are very generic that could have been taken as fan oriented but not proof of any foul play.
Since one of my previous post has questioned the content of my post you should google the article for yourself. Since I am sending this message from my phone and don't give a damn about all the punctuation I hope you are able to read this.
I haven't heard of any lie detector test taken by Blakeney nor Andre

I remember when Forde and Bozich were labeled Dumb and Dumber (i'm not sure who was who) with the great Samaki Walker CD player scandal. Now Crawford has joined the group. I'm very disappointed. Not because Crawford is reporting a story about my team, but because of his giving greater credibility to statements than they deserve at this time. A Pulitzer prize writer has vetted the story?! Yes he was. Many years ago. In the interim he may have lost his luster. Crawford didn't mention this.
You know Eric is a self professed Uk fan. Good writer/reporter though!

Well then read the article written by Mike Rutherford because he mentions it .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT