ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching News Supposedly Coming

he didn't allegedly do it, HE DID IT and he's not suffering at all for it. he got a job immediately. and even if alleged, why would any sane person take a chance on him when there are many other coaches available. are we gluttons for punsihment and ridicule? and i understand how the law wors, when you choke your wife, you may not be arrested but that doesn't mean any single school has to ever hire you again. no one has to take a chance on him. he has no right to coach or be given a job. no one owes him that. he had his chance. now hire someoen who doesn't choke his wife. and i do know the law and i know the law cannot amke a spouse testify and his wife fully understood her life of non working and staying at home with the kids and having a meal ticket was going to be over if she testified so she didn't press charges but she knows he did it. we ALL knwo he did it. that's whey they arrested him and took him to jail. they had proof of what he did otherwise they would have left his house that night with no one in cuffs. it's also like saying that since a republican dominated senate didn't convict the ex pres Frump for insurrection does not mean he did nto commit the crime. he did and we all know it btu politics stopped the system from workign properly. in essence, his wife fearing for her meal ticket stopped the system from workign properly. keep that scum, both of them, away from our city
Fiance, not wife. I agree, generally with what you are saying, but emotions without facts are not good. Apparently she was the aggressor, not him and since she stated she didn't want him arrested and she stated the argument was about their relationship, I'm going out on a limb and guessing he was having second thoughts and she was pissed. Who knows but he wasn't charged and in this country that matters. Pitino, though, did dip his pen in the inkwell. That's the difference between yep it happened and, emmm probably not.

People make mistakes and there is a good chance the next coach will to. There aren’t very many saints in the basketball community, they all have their flaws. Any of those flaws could end up being a negative hit on Louisville. There is no way to vet them all.

Beard appears to be too risky for Louisville. While I don’t agree with Glassman he isn’t alone. I respect that line of thinking at a place that has struggled with their image.

Like many have said hire the right guy doesn’t matter who they passed on.

I can say from my perspective that attendance would have dropped even if that coach had of stayed, no matter what the other guy thinks. I know my thoughts when the fbi stuff came out were how in the hell could our ad and the university allow this to happen, allow this coach to do this yet again while on probation. I was just waiting at that point for the program to receive its last meal and the blindfold to be put on. Even though I still supported the team my faith in the leadership took a hit. I can guarantee I wasn't the only one to feel that way.
Well to be fair, Pitino received no penalty (some would say was vindicated) from the ncaa for the Bowen situation. Given that, had pitino not been fired, my guess is that attendance - provided the on court success stayed constant - would have remained high.

And the very real perception that ego and hubris got both - but certainly Jurich - fired would have definitely turned into a story about how their resolve kept the program going.

I mean - not for glassman but… 😂

Yeah, I don't want to dogpile Glassman, but right after I read his post, I was like, if you're focused on "morals" how the hell did you make it past Porcini's? Extra-marital sex and didn't she have an abortion Pitino paid for? That's a lot of "morals" to overlook.

Morality is whatever each individual thinks, which is why hiring Beard isn't about morals, it's strictly a calculation of potential PR issues and whether as AD/President of the University, you think you can handle the worst case scenario. Apparently Josh thinks not. It's his call. If we go for Drew or someone else good and the program gets back to elite status, everyone will forget about Beard. If we continue to suck, Josh is going to get hit over the head with Beard for years to come. Especially if Beard goes to UK and takes them back to Championships.

Josh, you better get this fixed, bottom line.
You are correct there, uk has no morals or doesn't even blink at bad PR. Just look at their history of coaching hires. Drunks and known cheaters. As long as they win every misstep is washed away.

I don’t want a saint for a coach, I want a coach that is arrogant, competitive and has a fire inside him. No nice guy who loves his players and soft spoken. That guy can be my neighbor by not my coach.

Dusty May has the traits I want in our next coach - runs a modern offense that is predicated on motion and moving the ball. He stresses discipline and accountability. He learned from Bob Knight but ditched all of Knight’s assholery. The fact that he took FAU to a Final Four and then was able to keep that roster intact despite many NIL poaching attempts tells me a lot. He also works at an adidas school.

I think May would be great. I am not sure he would kill it out of the gate but I think he would be a great long term hire.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
Dusty May has the traits I want in our next coach - runs a modern offense that is predicated on motion and moving the ball. He stresses discipline and accountability. He learned from Bob Knight but ditched all of Knight’s assholery. The fact that he took FAU to a Final Four and then was able to keep that roster intact despite many NIL poaching attempts tells me a lot. He also works at an adidas school.
"assholery" now that's a funny word! And a darn good description of Bobby Knight

If there's any truth to the Deener scenario at the start of this thread, May sure seems like a very plausible option 2. I think he would be a good fit here.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
The main thing for the next coach is they want to be here. A lot of the guys mentioned have won at a high level. And done so at places with much lower expactions for men’s basketball than U of L. They don’t need to prove anything.

Also got to figure in cost of living and take home pay comparing Waco, Texas with Louisville, Kentaxky. Check your paycheck stub. Now imagine Ky and Jefferson County deductions were going in your pocket.

pitino should have been fired then and i've said it since then. rp was and still is a doucher! TJ deserved to be fired when he didn't fire RP. i called for that non-stop. there's my morals. get rid of the fu$kers and don;t hire someone who choked his wife.
I just don't understand why you're still a fan of UofL based on what you're saying. The Porcini's stuff happened YEARS before the hookers and Bowen/FBI stuff.

I have a Catholic friend who was a big UofL fan before the Porcini's stuff and he stopped being a fan because of that. How could you tolerate Porcini's, but not Chris Beard? Do you see cheating on his wife and paying for an abortion okay to stay a fan, but not hiring an alleged fiancee choker? Just trying to understand where you're coming from.

Last edited:
If Dusty May doesn't get the Ohio State gig, he will certainly be considered for the IU job. Do we really think Woodson is going to have a turnaround season next year?

May agent is fully aware of the situation in Indiana. If IU was May’s dream job all he has to do is wait. Also if IU really wanted May they would have pulled the trigger on Woodson with both Ohio State and Louisville open.

If May takes the Ohio State or Louisville job he isn’t leaving for IU after a year. It would be equivalent to passing on a 1M house then the next year paying 18M for the same house. On flip side Louisville/Ohio State get a hell of deal.

The only question is May on the market, if he stays then maybe IU is his ultimate landing spot.

Reactions: Louisvillian
J ay Wright !

I think Deener is just a pawn to stir shit up.. Not sure why though.. Smoke screen maybe.?

Reactions: vivid_red
If any of these people knew anything for certain they would say it. Not supply "cryptic clues" like they know something and just can't bring themselves around to sharing it for reasons.
Good point, they have zero to gain from cryptic messages.

The guy is not posting the letter J on his feed and then holding on to some big secret for days. He knows someone would scoop him then he'd have nothing.

Which is exactly what he has. Nothing.

It's just another trolling of the fanbase.

Yes, that was a very impressive win, and the whole FAU season has been an impressive follow-up to last seasons Final Four. I'm a bit surprised there wasnt more chatter about this one. Dusty May has to be high on the UofL list, and so it may be that we don't hear anything official for a few weeks while they keep playing, He looks primed to make another jump in class, and I'll be excited if he's our guy.

Last edited:
Yes, that was a very impressive win, and the whole FAU season has been an impressive gollow-up to last seasons Final Four. Im a bit surprised there wasnt more chatter about this one. Dusty May has to be high on the UofL list, and so it may be that we don't hear anything official for a few weeks while they keep playing, He looks primed to make another jump in class, and I'll be excited if he's our guy.
I’m hoping May is the super-secret #2 candidate behind Scott Drew that Deener was talking about. I love their style of play. They score at a strong clip and have great KenPom defensive efficiency ratings. That’s always a recipe for high end success.

Possible Ben McCollum landing spot at Missouri State. I know some mentioned him in the past.

If his name is just now popping up it might mean that our top candidates aren’t interested.

Deener is trying to drum up listeners to his show. Don’t fall for it. His show is terrible no matter the UofL situation. I stopped listening when he smacked his “girlfriend”. Just an arrogant little, and I stress little, pric*.
He is a complete waste of oxygen. There is never any excuse to abuse a women, physically or verbally.

I don’t know enough about the situation to like or dislike Schertz. If this happens going from Drew to Schertz would be wild.
Drew is still the top target. After him things get a little more complicated. For instance would you rather have alot of money tied up in Mick Cronin or have Josh Schertz and a bunch of additional money directed to NIL?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT