ADVERTISEMENT

Cards Won't Win Another Game

I disagree that you should just congratulate only the teammates that played well because the W goes under Louisville, not just one player or players.

You’re right they did beat a bad team, but after how bad this season has gone and how many losses they’ve taken I don’t know how you’d expect them to not be happy at all about any win. I also don’t think them celebrating after the game is going to be the deciding factor in whether they get back to work and win another game this year, but to each it’s own.
Listen, to each their own. I've played sports and coached sports and there would've never been an instance where I would've or allowed my teams to celebrate a win of that caliber. You should expect to win those type of games when you play for UofL.

I never said they shouldn't be happy. Being happy is fine, celebrating like they were in the locker room is not fine when you're 3-19 @ UofL..

This is comparable to everyone gets a trophy..

Listen, to each their own. I've played sports and coached sports and there would've never been an instance where I would've or allowed my teams to celebrate a win of that caliber. You should expect to win those type of games when you play for UofL.

I never said they shouldn't be happy. Being happy is fine, celebrating like they were in the locker room is not fine when you're 3-19 @ UofL..

I’m not arguing the caliber of the win and what the expectations are at UofL. We all know the bar at Louisville is high and it should be.

I'm saying this team has not met those expectations and they've taken loss after loss. Now they get their first conference win, are happy about it (which is fine as you said), and they celebrated inside their locker room.

I've also played competitive sports my entire life, along with probably 90% of this message board. And since you have played and coached I'm sure you've heard the phrase after a win "Enjoy this tonight because it's right back to work tomorrow."

That's exactly what they were doing. It just happened to be filmed in the locker room to give fans something else to criticize because it wasn't another loss.

I’d be more worried had they not celebrated like they did. You usually have good takes on things but I think you are off base here. We are all frustrated with the season but a first conference win should be cause for temporary excitement.

Its something that is spontaneous.

Similar to a LB overly celebrating a sack or a hard hit despite being down 40 points.

You know im one of this teams biggest critic, however the celebration is a nothing burger.

Its something that is spontaneous.

Similar to a LB overly celebrating a sack or a hard hit despite being down 40 points.

You know im one of this teams biggest critic, however the celebration is a nothing burger.
I'm perfectly fine with people disagreeing with me on this. I'm not backing down from my stance. We should never be in this position to begin with. Your analogy of the linebacker getting a sack down 40 and celebrating is about what this is like. That's a bad look..

Being 3-19 and beating a team with a losing record without their leading rebounder should never be a cause to celebrate at UofL. Now had they beat a good Duke or KY team I could see it even at 3-19. Not against a 9-12 team on a 7 game losing streak.

IMHO as someone that played NCAA football and coached high school football almost 20yrs. Is that EVERY team should celebrate their wins. It is the most important part of growth and improvement. It took me many years to come to that conclusion, and damping celebration as coach is one of my biggest regrets.

To me celebrating a win is spontaneous and should never be discouraged. You see it all the time on last seconds wins. It is the beauty of sports. There is the famous moment where Magic goes crazy in a win his rookie year and hugs Kareem. Magic was spontaneously reacting to the win. A veteran Kareem told Magic it is a long year. I think over the year Magics enthusiasm wore off on Kareem.

This team is like Magic as they mature they will hopefully become more like Kareem. They will start to learn and appreciate everything to goes into winning. They are just celebrating a win they aren’t celebrating everything they did to get the win. Big difference.

I know I didn’t and this has nothing to do with everyone getting a trophy. This is about kids celebrating 1 game in a season. The last time I checked you only get a trophy at the end of the year. There will be no trophies or celebration at the end of this year.

Payne said after the win vs GT that he was concerned about the mindset of the players going into the FSU game - “Because I don't want them to think we've arrived,” Payne said Friday. “We haven't. We still got a lot of work to do.”

Lol “arrived” - you’ve gotta be EFFING kidding me.

Payne said after the win vs GT that he was concerned about the mindset of the players going into the FSU game - “Because I don't want them to think we've arrived,” Payne said Friday. “We haven't. We still got a lot of work to do.”

Lol “arrived” - you’ve gotta be EFFING kidding me.
🤣 You can't even make this stuff up..

Reactions: BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT