ADVERTISEMENT

BC

What would make you happy? He's batting 400 with a 575 OBP with less than 10 Ks. He's second in slugging percentage to Zing,leads the country in runs scored.
What,600 average and 800 OBP? Seriously,you keep talking about the competition. How else should he be measured? By height?
What is it with you guys? Can you not just disagree and leave it? I don't hate Knapczyk. Let's just debate like fans and see how it goes. There's been tons of players who got off to hot starts only to finish the season at 270. Again I hope I'm wrong.

That batter has to run that out. Really bad play for them....but great for us.😂

What is it with you guys? Can you not just disagree and leave it? I don't hate Knapczyk. Let's just debate like fans and see how it goes. There's been tons of players who got off to hot starts only to finish the season at 270. Again I hope I'm wrong.
I thought that's what we were doing. You go after Knap. He's one of ours and I defend him. Sorry.

don’t agree that Usher is more dynamic at the top of the order than Knap. he does not get on base near the clip of Knap. the only thing he brings is speed and Knap is 11/12 on stolen bases this year so it’s not like we’re sorely lacking in that with him. I do think Usher would be a great candidate for that 9 hole/second lead off guy role
I agree with Usher being a 9 hitter as well. He has more power than Knap even though the current stats don't say that. I was just as critical of Usher last season when everyone was saying he was the next big thing. I said he strikes out too much and doesn't hit lefties. I don't remember being called a hater but some questioned my baseball knowledge.

Just for the record, I'm a baseball guy above all sports. I played HS baseball for a couple years after playing it my entire childhood. I've followed MLB for four decades and my favorite team is the Atlanta Braves. I love everything about the game and can watch mostly any teams play.

I love Louisville hoops and football but when Louisville baseball became a power it was like Christmas for me. I love the game.

So, it doesn't make me a know it all but I'm a pretty good judge of players and their tendencies. I really hope I'm wrong about Knap but when it comes to his ability at SS, I don't see how I could be.

I thought that's what we were doing. You go after Knap. He's one of ours and I defend him. Sorry.
I wasn't going after him. Are you hearing yourself? I gave my opinion based on his game. I gave no impression that I didn't like the guy for some unknown reason. I surely didn't anticipate I would be called a hater or I wouldn't have bothered.

bullpen is playing better. Prosecky has been good as closer. Webster, Corbett, Schmeltz, and Walter are all guys that look like they’ll be solid. need to see some more from Hawks, Robinson, and Wiegman but I have definitely seen improvement. Hawks looked good today and Robinson looked great Tuesday

More like needs to be benched. He is clearly only successful on mistake pitches. The damage he's done so far was against inferior teams.

Knap is coming back to reality as well. People think I'm a Knap hater but I'm not. He's a nice player but if he's Louisville's leadoff hitter and SS the Cards are not going to be as good as we're used to seeing.

This team so far in my opinion has a very inferior defense, mostly on the infield and a bullpen full of guys who struggle to throw strikes. Starting pitching is way below Louisville norms.

The lineup is strong but also in my opinion not with the best order. Usher should leadoff and Knap move to #2 in the order.

Still a lot of season to go but it's the way I see it now.
You talk about Knap and Usher puts up another 0 for.

I really think Usher's problems are about his approach. I think we all hoped that he'd turned the corner. It's just another dimension to this team IF he can get on base.
Looking forward to watching Poland continue his uptick in form today.

Now that's Knap at is best. He's got great bat control. He looks to spray that ball to left field most times he leads off a inning. He's very good at it.

I wish Metzinger wouldn't do all that dancing out there. Has to be a distraction to the hitter.

95+ heaters are harder to hit early in the game. Later at bats you can find your timing. Of course this isn't the case in the major leagues where 95 is slow.

Really think Levi should sit and watch tomorrow. He is struggling at the plate (again) and just let someone else (Hawkins maybe) get a chance and let Levi reset

I swear teams have had their share of seeing eye singles against the Cards this season. Looks though like Poland is getting the ball up. It's baseball where things turn in a hurry.

Let's see if we can get something out of the middle of the lineup today

I'm always amazed when the pitchers ignore Usher at first,like they don't have the scouting report from last season.
One of the most prolific base stealers in the country and he doesn't get that respect,so it seems.

Cards give away too many outs on the bases. There was no reason for a double steal as the BC pitcher is struggling to get outs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT