ADVERTISEMENT

BC

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
First pitch 4:00 today.
BC stands at 1-5 in the ACC. Forecast for today is mid sixties. Lol,better than here.

Go Cards!

Well this sucks. Only one camera angle and it's behind the plate. You have no idea what's going to happen when the ball is hit. The camera doesn't move. Hopefully the other two games are not like this.

Reactions: earsky
need Bianco to wake up
More like needs to be benched. He is clearly only successful on mistake pitches. The damage he's done so far was against inferior teams.

Knap is coming back to reality as well. People think I'm a Knap hater but I'm not. He's a nice player but if he's Louisville's leadoff hitter and SS the Cards are not going to be as good as we're used to seeing.

This team so far in my opinion has a very inferior defense, mostly on the infield and a bullpen full of guys who struggle to throw strikes. Starting pitching is way below Louisville norms.

The lineup is strong but also in my opinion not with the best order. Usher should leadoff and Knap move to #2 in the order.

Still a lot of season to go but it's the way I see it now.

And here I thought you didn't hate him.
Why would I hate him? I'm just calling it like I see it. It's so obvious he's not a major college shortstop and he proves it over and over.

As for his hitting, he's not a line drive hitter. He's seeing a lot of off speed pitches lately and he's not been as successful. He's a pesky hitter and is a perfect #2 hitter for this lineup.

Logan Beard should be higher in the order. His bat is consistent.

This would be the batting order I would like to see. I'm no Coach McDonnell but I wouldn't be surprised to see the lineup eventually change.

1. Usher
2. Beard
3. Metzinger
4. Rushing
5. Masterman
6. Payton
7. Humphrey
8. Bianco
9. Knapzyck

Knap moving from 1 to 9 is not uncommon as many managers look at the 9 hole as a quasi lead off hitter. Tony LaRussa often batted his pitcher 8th in the lineup so his 9 and 1 hitters were similar. Have two speedy bat control hitters back to back.

That's over now as the DH has arrived in the national league.

We'd all love it if Usher would just hit where he is,but leadoff ain't happening. We were all hoping he had gotten going a few weeks ago,but...
I'm just hoping to see him get himself going good enough to help the team...anywhere.
Three Ks today.

Reactions: Bardman
Once again,wondering why we don't go to the pen there against the righty.

Knap to the 9 hole, come on now. Usher strikes out over twice as much as he walks and Knap walks twice as much as he strikes out. if anything Usher should be that 9 hole lead off type guy
I'm not disputing the arm issues at short for Knap,but good thing he's been hitting 400+ with a 575 OBP or he wouldn't even be in the lineup I guess.
Lol

was his OPS 1.200 last year? was he walking twice has much as he struck out like this year? do you know how common it is for guys to take huge leaps from their first to second years?
You guys do know that we're averaging 10 runs a game? How long will that last? Isn't it obvious that the teams stats as well as Knaps was due to pretty lean competition?

I agree Knap has improved since last season but you can clearly see he's not a ball driver like the Cards better hitters. He's a contact hitter who can spray the ball around. When he faces better pitching he isn't as successful.

I predict right now his average at the end of the season will be around 270. I believe the Cards will average around 7 runs a game.

Reactions: rh62531
You guys do know that we're averaging 10 runs a game? How long will that last? Isn't it obvious that the teams stats as well as Knaps was due to pretty lean competition?

I agree Knap has improved since last season but you can clearly see he's not a ball driver like the Cards better hitters. He's a contact hitter who can spray the ball around. When he faces better pitching he isn't as successful.

I predict right now his average at the end of the season will be around 270. I believe the Cards will average around 7 runs a game.
you type this as Knap gets on base and scores. just like he’s done more than anybody in the country by the way. you’re going to move the leader in the country in runs to the 9 hole? pretty funny you claim to not be a Knap hater and then predict his batting average will drop .130 points and say he should be in the 9 hole within two hours of saying that

Reactions: earsky
Knap to the 9 hole, come on now. Usher strikes out over twice as much as he walks and Knap walks twice as much as he strikes out. if anything Usher should be that 9 hole lead off type guy
I agree Usher really isn't the answer either but he's more dynamic at the top of the order than Knap is. Beard would probably be the best lead off hitter but he's not as speedy.

Isn't it obvious that the teams stats as well as Knaps was due to pretty lean competition?
What would make you happy? He's batting 400 with a 575 OBP with less than 10 Ks. He's second in slugging percentage to Zing,leads the country in runs scored.
What,600 average and 800 OBP? Seriously,you keep talking about the competition. How else should he be measured? By height?

Reactions: jpa2825
I agree Usher really isn't the answer either but he's more dynamic at the top of the order than Knap is. Beard would probably be the best lead off hitter but he's not as speedy.
don’t agree that Usher is more dynamic at the top of the order than Knap. he does not get on base near the clip of Knap. the only thing he brings is speed and Knap is 11/12 on stolen bases this year so it’s not like we’re sorely lacking in that with him. I do think Usher would be a great candidate for that 9 hole/second lead off guy role

you type this as Knap gets on base and scores. just like he’s done more than anybody in the country by the way. you’re going to move the leader in the country in runs to the 9 hole? pretty funny you claim to not be a Knap hater and then predict his batting average will drop .130 points and say he should be in the 9 hole within two hours of saying that
It's not about hate alright? I can have a opinion. If he proves me wrong then that's great. I would love to see him succeed as he's a Cardinal.

Do you disagree about him playing SS? How many errors will it take to change your mind?

What would make you happy? He's batting 400 with a 575 OBP with less than 10 Ks. He's second in slugging percentage to Zing,leads the country in runs scored.
What,600 average and 800 OBP? Seriously,you keep talking about the competition. How else should he be measured? By height?
plenty of guys haven’t faced the stiffest of competition and not many have got on base like Knap

It's not about hate alright? I can have a opinion. If he proves me wrong then that's great. I would love to see him succeed as he's a Cardinal.

Do you disagree about him playing SS? How many errors will it take to change your mind?
No his defense is lacking and second is his long term position if the arm doesn’t get better. His bat is a different subject. But unless Beard can play first or short I think you leave him there because you can’t really bench either of them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT