ADVERTISEMENT

BC series

Moth said on the radio he apparently has a pretty small head and they have had trouble getting a smaller cap for him. Small head I guess I get. But surely they can order a smaller, fitted cal for him.

Reactions: PHCARD
Christian might be a great batter but his errors at SS have got to cease.

Dude has the yips and has to come out of the lineup. It's only gonna get worse as he hopes the ball is not hit at him.

I didn't get to see yesterday's game. Did he have more bad throws? Every throw he made Friday was in the dirt. Once a player gets the throwing yips they usually don't turn it around the next game. It's a mental issue that normally takes weeks or more to get over. I can't see McDonnell keeping in there if he throws the ball in the dirt on his next chance.

I didn't get to see yesterday's game. Did he have more bad throws? Every throw he made Friday was in the dirt. Once a player gets the throwing yips they usually don't turn it around the next game. It's a mental issue that normally takes weeks or more to get over. I can't see McDonnell keeping in there if he throws the ball in the dirt on his next chance.

He’s not just in the dirt. He’s had way too many wide/wild throws too.

He's afraid of making a bad throw when the ball comes to him so when he actually throws it, he has zero confidence. That's why the throws are so far off because he's over compensating.

The thing about the yips is it comes out of nowhere and the player is mystified at his inability to do what he's always done. In the major leagues there have been catchers who couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher but could throw a base stealer out.

Steve Sax who played for the Dodgers basically had his career ruined because of it. You say the name Steve Sax to a baseball fan today, their first reaction was his yips.

McDonnell needs to end this sooner than later because a freshman could lose his whole season if it continues.

Like Alex’s batting? I get it; but as mentioned he has been stellar at the plate. Like Alex, how long do you give the guy to get it straightened out before making a move?

Alex is coming out of that slump. Bard, he showed us, Dan knows what is best. 😀

Ok, Christian I’m not dogging you now buddy. Just work on that throw to first.

Alex is coming out of that slump. Bard, he showed us, Dan knows what is best. 😀
I wouldn’t go there yet. I want him to hit as much as anyone. Yet, one hit does not break a slump. He has, however, hit the ball harder as of late and that is a good sign.

I wouldn’t go there yet. I want him to hit as much as anyone. Yet, one hit does not break a slump. He has, however, hit the ball harder as of late and that is a good sign.
Damn you’re a hard man Bard! Binelas is now tied for fourth on the team with most RBIs.

I know what looks different to me with Binelas. He's not going after bad pitches. He's seeing the ball better and that's the key.

Reactions: Bardman
Good series squared up a bunch of balls. This is a good lineup.

Bull pen was better. Smith is off. He isn’t fooling anyone right now. Bad luck with the error but they weren’t fooled it was a matter of time.

As CDM said during post game, it’s a far from perfect team, but they are getting there. Showing signs of improvement.

Reactions: PHCARD
I don’t think I am too hard on him. I did say I thought he was seeing the ball better and making better contact. However, out of 9 starters his average is Far, far below everyone else’s. Just saying. I hope that if CDM leaves him in all the time that he does start getting more hits - he needs it and the team needs it.

I don’t think I am too hard on him. I did say I thought he was seeing the ball better and making better contact. However, out of 9 starters his average is Far, far below everyone else’s. Just saying. I hope that if CDM leaves him in all the time that he does start getting more hits - he needs it and the team needs it.
Well, duh. He started slow. Of course his average is down. He looks out of the slump to me, but it appears you’re digging your heels in for the sake of argument. Our focus should now be Luke sucking lemons, and Knapczyk’s yips. AB is back on track.

Well, duh. He started slow. Of course his average is down. He looks out of the slump to me, but it appears you’re digging your heels in for the sake of argument. Our focus should now be Luke sucking lemons, and Knapczyk’s yips. AB is back on track.
Mid week starter as well. Seed lasted less than 2 innings against Murray St

CardX - ok, ya got me buddy. I didn’t realize how averages worked. Geesh, you are right he is back. His multiple, multi-hit games have him on a hot streak 🤔
There is no digging in my heels on this. Just my viewpoint. I already stated he has hit the ball harder recently which is a great sign. I hope leaving him in works out. I still would like to see a couple of multi-hit games from him. When he does that I think he confidence will be peaking. So, back to the point of having a guy who is struggling sit for a game or two versus just playing them until they start to hit...
Should Bianco, Borden and Rushing all be playing everyday until they start hitting the ball better? Just conversation...

CardX - ok, ya got me buddy. I didn’t realize how averages worked. Geesh, you are right he is back. His multiple, multi-hit games have him on a hot streak 🤔
There is no digging in my heels on this. Just my viewpoint. I already stated he has hit the ball harder recently which is a great sign. I hope leaving him in works out. I still would like to see a couple of multi-hit games from him. When he does that I think he confidence will be peaking. So, back to the point of having a guy who is struggling sit for a game or two versus just playing them until they start to hit...
Should Bianco, Borden and Rushing all be playing everyday until they start hitting the ball better? Just conversation...

IMO, Alex is a different bird than the others mentioned. I’ve got to wonder if all the preseason hype and accolades hurt him. Some guys eat up attention. Others are not comfortable.

Never question CDM; this guy has forgotten more about baseball, and his kids than all of us combined.

I am no exception, as I was yelling at the TV to pull Christian after that 2 run error, when he threw the ball 15 feet wide of first base. Then in the 8th inning he hits the critical triple between the center and right field gap.

BTW, I agree the throwing issues need attention, but for those who watch much baseball must concede that this kid has lateral and vertical range with his glove that is truly exceptional. His speed and response time is something you cannot coach; I suspect CDM saw this unique quality in Christian and explains his patience right now.

Totally agree. I do trust CDM. Doesn’t mean I don’t have an opinion though. I’d agree that Alex either read his own press clippings and it went to his head. Or, I’d rather hope it was a lot of pressure and it just took its toll. A couple of balls he hit yesterday were crisp, hard hit shots...that went right at a defender = bad luck. My hope is he goes at least 3/4 v. EKU and he really gains his edge back.

You’re questions about Bianco, Borden and Rushing are valid points. Yes, all hitters need consistent number of bats to fully assess
their tendencies and weaknesses. It’s clear that Rushing came in as the primary 1st baseman and possibly rotating with Bianco against LHP. When Binelas struggled at 3rd, Dan moved him to 1st, meaning less chances for Bianco. That’s baseball. Rushing, because he bats LH just by nature won’t get that many opportunities. Dan did let him catch some with the FR, who is likely going to be a stud. Borden became the odd man out behind Christian at SS and it’s clear that Dunn is superior to him at 3rd. Again, nature of the game.

Bard, not trying to insult you but how much baseball have you been exposed to? There are probably 2 players that have to be in the lineup everyday IMHO. That’s Davis and Binelas, and maybe Masterman. Davis because of his position, needs rest at catcher but his bat has to be there. With Binelas it is his versatility, whether on defense, batting, leadership.

P.S. - Dunn is also one now that you put in the lineup, whether at 3rd, CF, RF, 2nd, SS, etc

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT