ADVERTISEMENT

BC series

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Ok, we get started tonight. I am going to see Albanese on the mound tonight when I am there watching?

Ok, we get started tonight. I am going to see Albanese on the mound tonight when I am there watching?
Game notes have not been updated as of yet. Probably want to keep BC in the dark as to our rotation or maybe Dan hasn’t determined who’s pitching this weekend...

We need him back in the starting rotation. This allows Elliot to come out of the pen and THAT in itself makes the pen A LOT stronger.

Thanks Bardman. I was about to open the thread. I no longer do Twit or FB, and wasn’t able to find a starting line up for tonight.
NC, where do you usually find your game notes?

For the record, as I look outside, why is this game being played at 6pm? Tonight won't be awful, still upper 50's by game time, but it sure is a nice day for baseball.

Reactions: Bardman
For the record, as I look outside, why is this game being played at 6pm? Tonight won't be awful, still upper 50's by game time, but it sure is a nice day for baseball.

I really expected game time changes for the weekend due to “so called” weather predictions. I heard Jodie mention something about it post game Tues.

I really expected game time changes for the weekend due to “so called” weather predictions. I heard Jodie mention something about it post game Tues.
They should have gotten this one in early today, because it looks like there might be two tomorrow, if Sunday's forecast holds.<EDIT> It's only a 20% chance for rain on Sunday, but it will be cooler. "Chilly rain" they say.

They should have gotten this one in early today, because it looks like there might be two tomorrow, if Sunday's forecast holds.<EDIT> It's only a 20% chance for rain on Sunday, but it will be cooler. "Chilly rain" they say.

That’s exactly what I heard. So an earlier game today would have helped with double header tomorrow.

Mental errors. Get into the game guys. Christian has made a few bad throws the last week.

What an outing from Kirian again. 5 innings, 6 hits, 7 strikeouts, 2 walks, 3 runs (0 earned). Take away the errors and he would have at least one inning left in him.

Reactions: earsky
What an outing from Kirian again. 5 innings, 6 hits, 7 strikeouts, 2 walks, 3 runs (0 earned). Take away the errors and he would have at least one inning left in him.
I wouldn’t exactly call it “what an outing,” but not bad compared to our pitching thus far. Bar lowered, sadly.

I wouldn’t exactly call it “what an outing,” but not bad compared to our pitching thus far. Bar lowered, sadly.
Anytime you have a pitcher throw 5 innings that doesn’t allow an earned run against a top 25 team, that is considered a pretty solid outing. You obviously want to get the hits down, but a few of them came after errors when the innings should’ve been over. Take away the miscues in the field and he could’ve potentially thrown another inning or two. I’ll take 0 earned runs in 5 innings every start.

Last edited:
Louisville wins game one 7-3. Michael Kirian (3-0) picks up the win, Adam Elliott threw the final 4 innings. The Cards looked shaky to start the game, falling behind 3-0 due to a few errors, but battled back to score the final 7 runs of the game.

Big opportunity tomorrow to win the series with Glenn Albanese on the mound starting at 1.

Reactions: rh62531
Let’s hope the “thumbs” are behind us. Reminds me of our BB team and loose balls.

I’ll be interested to see what type of pitch count Albanese is on tomorrow and how long he can go after the layoff.

Reactions: PHCARD
On a side note, I hope that Vince pulls the trigger and goes to 60 percent soon. No offense to season ticket holders,but there couldn't have been 20 percent in there last night. I was there,on the outside looking in. Lots of no shows,but it's not clear whether or not those no shows were included in the 20 percent.

Usually Go Cards site. Click on Baseball and then under Media Center.

Ok, I found the Media Center. Question is, when CDM puts out the starting line up for the day on the other social media sites, will it also appear on gocards? I guess I will find out soon enough whether I will find a clickable link on Media Center. Thanks

On a side note, I hope that Vince pulls the trigger and goes to 60 percent soon. No offense to season ticket holders,but there couldn't have been 20 percent in there last night. I was there,on the outside looking in. Lots of no shows,but it's not clear whether or not those no shows were included in the 20 percent.
Totally agree. You could see all the seats with posters sitting there available. There were many open seats with posters.

Reactions: earsky
Cooper Bowman with a two run home run in the 4th to give the Cards a 5-0 leading heading into the 5th inning.

Well Evan, so far doing it. He’s a fr from Union KY. I’m glad Tate only got those 7 balls before Dan reacted.

Here comes Kaleb. I hope he has that ball cap duck taped down. 😀

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT