ADVERTISEMENT

BC series

So, keep coming at me for some reason. I know baseball plenty. Many of my comments have been meant for conversation. The original Binelas issue wasn’t even started by me. I just express my opinions like everyone else. Alex, along with Davis and Dunn are the three studs on this team. All I ever said was I thought Alex should sit a game or two and I became a villain. I know Bianco, Borden nor Rushing are the same league as the three guys I mentioned above. Those guys get spot duty as allowable. FYI (and I am smiling when I say this...) I called that squeeze bunt on Sunday before it happened- so I do understand baseball (just a little)

So, keep coming at me for some reason. I know baseball plenty. Many of my comments have been meant for conversation. The original Binelas issue wasn’t even started by me. I just express my opinions like everyone else. Alex, along with Davis and Dunn are the three studs on this team. All I ever said was I thought Alex should sit a game or two and I became a villain. I know Bianco, Borden nor Rushing are the same league as the three guys I mentioned above. Those guys get spot duty as allowable. FYI (and I am smiling when I say this...) I called that squeeze bunt on Sunday before it happened- so I do understand baseball (just a little)

No, you are not the villain. Everybody just had-has their own opinion on what to do with Alex. Bottom line is it’s only CDM’s opinion that counts. The rest of us are just fans aka fanatics. Fans that express their own opinions, imagine that. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️ Also imagine being CDM and you have almost enough players for 2 teams.

CardX - ok, ya got me buddy. I didn’t realize how averages worked. Geesh, you are right he is back. His multiple, multi-hit games have him on a hot streak 🤔
There is no digging in my heels on this. Just my viewpoint. I already stated he has hit the ball harder recently which is a great sign. I hope leaving him in works out. I still would like to see a couple of multi-hit games from him. When he does that I think he confidence will be peaking. So, back to the point of having a guy who is struggling sit for a game or two versus just playing them until they start to hit...
Should Bianco, Borden and Rushing all be playing everyday until they start hitting the ball better? Just conversation...
My bad for responding like I did. I posted not long after the news of the Cards missing the NCAAT. Having spirited debates on Twitter led my emotions to spill over here. But, to be clear, I didn't say AB was on a hot streak. I said he appears out of his slump, and we should move on to other pressing issues. We're kind of beating a dead horse with AB. Now, watch him go 0-5 tomorrow with 5 strike outs.

I too questioned Alex in the lineup during that period where he was struggling to even make contact, much less getting a hit. When I was playing ball, you could hear the scouts referring to those very few kids with "the MAJOR LEAGUE SWING". Alex's cut could qualify as the "poster child" for all MLB hitters; the velocity on his swing is truly something to behold and explains why virtually everything he hits goes directly to the 1st base/right field side of the diamond. Once Alex starts to consistently hit the ball; I expect this staff will work on adjusting his stance, so that his left foot is angled back away from his right foot. Dan had him trying to lay down a bunt yesterday, as the 3rd baseman was standing in the shortstop's position.

Sorry but I’m not an analyst on stances. So I have a question to you guys that are. Has Alex changed his stance or anything about his batting style from last year?

It is all good. I think (stress think) he was over-thinking at the plate. Therefore, he was getting his hands through the strike zone quick enough. Balls were falling off his bat versus jumping off the bat. Sunday - the ball was really jumping off the bat and he had bad luck when the ball went right at people. His home run displayed what happens when he snaps through the zone - the ball jumps!

I just think that Binelas, having come off of 2 injuries, needs to play it off. There may be some pressure,but he just needs live reps more than likely.
He'll probably get the benefit of the doubt from Coach because he'd already won his spot before those injuries. Idk

Reactions: Bardman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT