ADVERTISEMENT

Are there any plans on playing the ACC tournament in the YUM ?

Originally posted by yoshukai:
Or is it a rule that it has to be played in North Carolina/Duke's back yard .?
It's roughly 50 miles from Tobacco Road to Greensboro.

Maybe the ACC tourney could be held in Lexington 1 year.

Just saying.

This post was edited on 3/12 7:09 PM by Cue Card

Originally posted by Cue Card:
Originally posted by yoshukai:
Or is it a rule that it has to be played in North Carolina/Duke's back yard .?
It's roughly 50 miles from Tobacco Road to Greensboro.

Maybe the ACC tourney could be held in Lexington 1 year.

Just saying.

This post was edited on 3/12 7:09 PM by Cue Card
My bad , I should have realized the Tournament couldn't be held on a teams home court . Brain fart .

You've played in one ACC tournament, and you're already wanting it in Kentucky.

Good luck with that. It had nothing to do with where it was played. UNC was the better team on any court today. They'll play it in Atlanta, it will eventually go to New York, and it will be played in Greensboro. No offense, but they've been playing that tourney for a long time. Why would it ever be played in Kentucky?

I'm sincerely not hating. I love Louisville being in the ACC. Louisville is an upgrade over Maryland in every way. Louisville football, basketball and baseball has helped the conference immensely. Great school, fans and programs all around.

With that said. Until you change it the ACC will always be about UNC and Duke in basketball. It simply always has been. Don't believe me watch ESPN when they play.

I was thinking the same thing. Is it just me or does it seem like North Carolina and Duke play all of their tournament games in North Carolina. I really think that the home court advantage for North Carolina hurt us today. One of the announcers said that that the ACC was going to Washington D.C. next year and then New York and then back to Greensboro.

Duke and Carolina have it figured out. ACC tourney always in G'boro or Charlotte.

NCAAT first round games in whichever town didn't get the ACCT. Two 1-4 seeded teams get to go and it's not "on campus" for either of them so it's a "neutral court." Easy peasy.

Originally posted by crestrulz:

Good luck with that. It had nothing to do with where it was played. UNC was the better team on any court today. They'll play it in Atlanta, it will eventually go to New York, and it will be played in Greensboro. No offense, but they've been playing that tourney for a long time. Why would it ever be played in Kentucky?

I'm sincerely not hating. I love Louisville being in the ACC. Louisville is an upgrade over Maryland in every way. Louisville football, basketball and baseball has helped the conference immensely. Great school, fans and programs all around.

With that said. Until you change it the ACC will always be about UNC and Duke in basketball. It simply always has been. Don't believe me watch ESPN when they play.
I love the Cards being in the ACC too. UofL is just 1 of the new kids on the block and this is probably Rick's worse team since 2010. There will be stronger UofL teams in the near future, and I don't really care where the games are played. Pitino had to revamp his roster once we joined the Big East, and he'll have to revamp it again to counter the obvious geographical advantages the Carolina schools have enjoyed over the years as ACC programs. It's all good. UNC did have the better team today. I agree. The cool thing is we'll get to play again next year, hopefully.

Welcome to ACC. You guys can now officially join the ABCD club.

Anybody But Carolina or Duke [/B]
party0004.r191677.gif

In the past ten years, Duke and North Carolina have played the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament in state 6 times while Louisville has only played in state twice.

They are a good team, but to argue they didn't gain a huge advanatage in NC is ludicrous. One of my Crdinal friends tried to argue that today. I was like
ohwell.r191677.gif

But the bigger advantage is building your program on years of cheating. Not sure why nobody is talking about that. NC is about to be humbled and sent to their room, so let them enjoy this. They are going to be on their backs for a long time.

The reason the game turned out the way it did was not hitting free throws and open shots, as well as jacking threes instead of getting better shots.
What did we think we were getting into? The ACC has always been about Duke and Carolina for many years. Why don't we realize why Maryland didn't mind leaving? We are going to have to win consistently for many years in basketball and football in the ACC to get respect. I do not see the euphoria about joining the ACC because of this. The only good things about the ACC are road trips to Miami and Florida State. They don't play the tournament in Miami, the best venue for fans this time of year. With that being said, the last three national champions were NOT from the ACC.

No doubt. Sometime the best team don't win as in this case. BUT, you can't miss free throws like that and just shoot barely 50%. Hell, we had the best big man, the best guard and the best coach. Plus it was a home game for unc.

Relax, one guy suggested this, not the entire fanbase. The Cards were playing in the world's most famous arena (MSG) for years on a huge stage. It all led up to the 9pm Saturday night game with the whole country watching. That's gone now, but I think the ACCT is headed to the Barclay Center in NYC? That's a big improvement.

I admit the B10 going to MSG kind of pisses me off. Nothing says big time basketball on the world's stage like Iowa versus Purdue.

And believe me, Cardinal fans are thrilled to be in the ACC versus the 'murican cawnfurnce. There will be longing for the Big East during basketball season though, so be ready for that. It will fade in time.

Originally posted by ACCCard:
But the bigger advantage is building your program on years of cheating. Not sure why nobody is talking about that. NC is about to be humbled and sent to their room, so let them enjoy this. They are going to be on their backs for a long time.
I'd be willing to bet money you are wrong. They've done all they will do to Carolina. It's a money racket, always has been, always will be. Carolina has power, you'll see.

And you're reaching on "years" of cheating"

If you think for one second they're going to send Carolina into oblivion, you're wrong.

Again, I have much respect for Louisville. I love the city its self. Been there on numerous occasions. Very much respect the Cards sports teams. I was personally very happy when Loouisville joined the ACC. I am not hating on them in any way, shape or form. I just meant UNC was the better team yesterday. If they played tomorrow it could be the Cards.

Don't pay attention to the haters. We got beat in just about every way. The way CAROLINA played UVA, they were the better team. I just hope that these results don't cost the ACC two one seeds. I think both Duke and UVA could end up 2 seeds.

OP: Not gonna happen....nor should it.

The ACC should keep their eye on the prize and go after MSG.....and take that in the eye "New Big East BB only' conference.

Originally posted by Morgantown Card:
Relax, one guy suggested this, not the entire fanbase. The Cards were playing in the world's most famous arena (MSG) for years on a huge stage. It all led up to the 9pm Saturday night game with the whole country watching. That's gone now, but I think the ACCT is headed to the Barclay Center in NYC? That's a big improvement.

I admit the B10 going to MSG kind of pisses me off. Nothing says big time basketball on the world's stage like Iowa versus Purdue.

And believe me, Cardinal fans are thrilled to be in the ACC versus the 'murican cawnfurnce. There will be longing for the Big East during basketball season though, so be ready for that. It will fade in time.
I have a feeling the ACC will eventually get into MSG, if the Brooklyn tourney goes over well. If not then it will probably rotate between Greensboro and Atlanta or something like that.

The Greebsboro Coliseum is OUTDATED. Too narrow concourses on lower level & even narrower in the upper. 95% stairs only to/from upper level. Limited ADA seating & when people stand up in front of them, they can't see in upper level. Arena location like Freedom Hall where you drive in & drive out. Nothing in walking distance. The ACC Tourney reminded me of us hosting the old Metro & CUSA Tourneys at Freedom Hall. It was fun & good, but could be soooo much better in a modern arena arena in a great location.

We were very fortunate to get in the ACC. Everyone is aware of that, I don't care where it's at just glad to be a part of it! They can play it at Rupp and spot all our opponents 15 points a game! I'm just glad we're in and that we're not Cincy or UConn!

This post was edited on 3/15 1:06 PM by ShortCreek

Originally posted by ULCard17:

Originally posted by Morgantown Card:

I have a feeling the ACC will eventually get into MSG, if the Brooklyn tourney goes over well. If not then it will probably rotate between Greensboro and Atlanta or something like that.
Beginning next season, the B10 is goign to have their tournament at MSG. It is unbelievable to me. But to your point, this makes the ACC going there impossible, unless you mean "eventually" as in many, many years from now.

The Big 10 Tourney is an entire week earlier when all mid major conferences play. The Big East still has the primetine week.

NYC may have Big 10, Big East, & ACC tourneys in 2 weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT