ADVERTISEMENT

1-8 the past 9 years pretty frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
...At the end of the day its about good basketball and better young men. Some take this stuff personally and feel like its their job to trash anything uk or ul. People like that cause more harm then good. Not saying we have to hold hands and sing together. Just saying we should be able to post comments and have a healthy discussion with out the rude or intentional low blows.
Again, that's from the mind of an LPT fan. There are no absolutes.

I have no serious issues with LPT coaches and players; I have major issues with your fanbase.

Our willingness to "post comments and have healthy discussions" depends on the subject and what you're saying. A timeless zipp-ism comes to mind: "you don't get credibility and respect because you have a username and a password."

IOW if you're saying stupid stuff esp. about a subject close to home, hell yes you'll be rebuked. No slapd!ck has a license to come here and say what he wants with impunity. And you saying otherwise don't make it so.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Yes, it indicates that your coach recruits well. The 2 programs have won more ball games in the past 5 years than any teams in America. You're just typically defensive. Why is that?

Don't get it twisted sister, we're not gonna take it! I got nothing to be defensive about. I'm just trying to gouge some humility out of some of these posters.

So Championships is the only measurement for success? Wins, final fours, tourney wins, head to head results.....all that stuff means nothing at all?
For keeping your job as a coach, yes, it means something. For a measurement of success, no, unless your conference is tough. An ACC championship means a lot, an SEC championship not so much.

When you're an NCAA one-seed, you have to be upset to not make a Final Four. That's not an indicator of success.

I've said it many times, there's no mystery why or how Pitino Lite starts having issues in the Final Four games. That's where the good teams end up, and he has a hard time beating those teams.

Reactions: Mayoman
Again, that's from the mind of an LPT fan. There are no absolutes.

I have no serious issues with LPT coaches and players; I have major issues with your fanbase.

Our willingness to "post comments and have healthy discussions" depends on the subject and what you're saying. A timeless zipp-ism comes to mind: "you don't get credibility and respect because you have a username and a password."

IOW if you're saying stupid stuff esp. about a subject close to home, hell yes you'll be rebuked. No slapd!ck has a license to come here and say what he wants with impunity. And you saying otherwise don't make it so.

Ok let me try this one again. Mr. Zipp, maybe if you spoke to folks in a more respectful manner then respect would be returned to you. I'm not talking about me personally. I got nice thick Slapd!ck skin, but just in general you know?

Don't get it twisted sister, we're not gonna take it! I got nothing to be defensive about. I'm just trying to gouge some humility out of some of these posters.
Not exactly a probable successful goal as a UK fan visiting here - gouging out much of anything. Here's a tip - let the truth do your talking. That way you don;t have to gouge jack schitt.

Not exactly a probable successful goal as a UK fan visiting here - gouging out much of anything. Here's a tip - let the truth do your talking. That way you don;t have to gouge jack schitt.

I'm cool with the truth

The best LPT wins that year came AFTER Noel went down.

Dude just stop. First of all, they were 17-6 with him. They were 4-6 without him. They upset Florida without him but he was clearly the sifference on that team.

But more importantly, the conversation had finally gotten nice and civil and people were enjoying talking sports. Why the need to make an instigating remark?

Last edited:
Dude just stop. First of all, they were 17-6 with him. They were 4-6 without him. They upset Florida without him but he was clearly the sifference on that team.

But more importantly, the conversation had finally gotten nice and civil and people were enjoying talking sports. Why the need to make an instigating remark?
You played and beat nobodies before he went down, and you obviously had no real shot of advancing anywhere in any tourney with or without him. That's just typical LPT effort to make excuses and rewrite history. IIRC that team had four 5-star kids WITHOUT Noel.

Pretty damn frustrating we can't beat them more often. I know it's not that important of a game. I know we play a better schedule with the ACC. And I know we will probably even have a better post season this year. But damn. We have got to find a way to beat these guys more often.

Rick is 13-16 vs Cal

Ok let me try this one again. Mr. Zipp, maybe if you spoke to folks in a more respectful manner then respect would be returned to you. I'm not talking about me personally. I got nice thick Slapd!ck skin, but just in general you know?
I'm not interested in respect from an LPT fan. It doesn't matter. Nor will you get any, at least automatically, from me. Respect is earned.

Go whine to someone else.

I'm not interested in respect from an LPT fan. It doesn't matter. Nor will you get any, at least automatically, from me. Respect is earned.

Go whine to someone else.

I didn't say anything about UK fans. You have enough problems with your fellow cardinal fans.

Reactions: Dirk2Bowie
I didn't say anything about UK fans. You have enough problems with your fellow cardinal fans.
I love my fellow fans, and they love me. No use trying to drive a wedge. And we agree unanimously when it comes to respect and LPT fans like yourself.

Reactions: Senore2006
King
I love my fellow fans, and they love me. No use trying to drive a wedge. And we agree unanimously when it comes to respect and LPT fans like yourself.

King Zipp

Like Petrino said in his presser after the game.....he feels the bowl games are the first game of the next season. You get a mini season of its own, where guys like Lamar can practice overcoming the bad high school coaching he got and learn more about reading defenses and passing. You get to see how your players respond to scouting reports. Players who did not see so much time during the season get another chance to catch the coach's eye.

You give your fans an experience of traveling together which further bonds the team and its fans.

It is not surprising a UK fan would ask this incredibly awkward question. I can't think of a more appropriate ignorance.
Well, my post wasn't meant as a jab. I was just saying it would be nice if they expanded the playoff so more teams had a shot. Having a playoff, whether it be a 4 team or a 16 team playoff, appears to take the importance of the non playoff bowls down a bit. Winning a bowl game is still a cool thing but I just don't know if it is as great as it used to be. These kids have been practicing football since the Spring, isn't that long enough?
BTW, your QB is incredibly talented. Texas A&M had no answer for him.

Louisville has as many championships in that time frame with 30 fewer 5-star players.

But RP/UL has had the advantage of keeping all their players for 4 years. If Cal was able to keep all of his players for even 2 or 3 years you would have to deal with UK being a threat to run the table every year.
So my question to you is: how has Rick not won more than 1 title since being at UL? 1 title with all that 4 year talent?
Cal has to start all over with a new team every year. That's not easy. Winning in college is not easy, especially for freshmen.

Yes, it indicates that your coach recruits well. The 2 programs have won more ball games in the past 5 years than any teams in America. You're just typically defensive. Why is that?
He's being defensive because Zipp continues to say things that do nothing but bait UK fans. We try to be nice but when Zipp starts baiting it's tough to not be defensive. I've been banned several times because I was debating with Zipp. He's very good at it. You get sucked into being defensive which results in us UK fans eventually saying something negative about UL while trying to defend UK.

We start the roughest part of the schedule now as uk enters the easiest part of theirs. If they by chance meet in the tournament. The CARDS will take it. Write it down.

He's being defensive because Zipp continues to say things that do nothing but bait UK fans. We try to be nice but when Zipp starts baiting it's tough to not be defensive. I've been banned several times because I was debating with Zipp. He's very good at it. You get sucked into being defensive which results in us UK fans eventually saying something negative about UL while trying to defend UK.
Jesus, dude, he is just another guy. Maybe you need to take your posting elsewhere to relieve the stress another grown man causes you. Can you imagine tolerating 2Adulterers (Grover) at your site? I mean, you enable the guy, don't you? I don't cry about that psychotic, do I? Ignoring someone may be the single easiest task in postingdom.

But RP/UL has had the advantage of keeping all their players for 4 years. If Cal was able to keep all of his players for even 2 or 3 years you would have to deal with UK being a threat to run the table every year.
So my question to you is: how has Rick not won more than 1 title since being at UL? 1 title with all that 4 year talent?
Cal has to start all over with a new team every year. That's not easy. Winning in college is not easy, especially for freshmen.
Why make this so easy, lol? In fact, your post is actually not even raised to the level of responding. Fake naivete is gross.

Jesus, dude, he is just another guy. Maybe you need to take your posting elsewhere to relieve the stress another grown man causes you. Can you imagine tolerating 2Adulterers (Grover) at your site? I mean, you enable the guy, don't you? I don't cry about that psychotic, do I? Ignoring someone may be the single easiest task in postingdom.
I just enjoy a good debate. I get carried away with Zipp. I'll leave it there.

Why make this so easy, lol? In fact, your post is actually not even raised to the level of responding. Fake naivete is gross.
Huh? Because I pointed out what should have been pointed out a long time ago? Winning with Freshmen is extremely hard, it's easier with 5 star talent but it's still really hard. But if you have 3 and 4 star talent for 4 years you have an advantage. You don't have to start all over every year. Your players know your system and they know how hard it is to win, especially on the road, in college.

I'm a UK fan and I don't take zipp's posts as "bait" at all. And even if I did, it's a Louisville board, I'm a guest here, and zipp can do whatever he wants as it relates to me and other UK fans. I see zipp as being opinionated about our fanbase (he has said in the past he has no problem with our team per se.) You know what? Every rival fan has an opinion about other fanbases, and by definition opinions can't be wrong. If anything, I have some admiration for him for being the most consistent poster on the internet. His opinion of us never waivers :)

I'm a UK fan and I don't take zipp's posts as "bait" at all. And even if I did, it's a Louisville board, I'm a guest here, and zipp can do whatever he wants as it relates to me and other UK fans. I see zipp as being opinionated about our fanbase (he has said in the past he has no problem with our team per se.) You know what? Every rival fan has an opinion about other fanbases, and by definition opinions can't be wrong. If anything, I have some admiration for him for being the most consistent poster on the internet. His opinion of us never waivers :)
Okay but I wasn't talking about you. Senore wasn't asking you why you were getting defensive. He addressed the question to Rockfly and I responded with the reason why Rockfly might be getting defensive.

In my defense, I don't think I'm defensive. I don't feel defensive. I thought it was odd that someone thought I was being defensive. After all, my team came out on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT