ADVERTISEMENT

1-8 the past 9 years pretty frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with you about the thicker skin comment. I go to other teams' message boards because l like point of views other than the homer ones. With that said, I don't expect to be welcomed by everyone, so I ignore those that issue insults. There is no need of complaining because there is always the choice of leaving the board if it bothers me that much.
I would like to say something very obvious here.......... UK fans always come over to talk about UK. Even after we played them, they have had little or nothing to say about our players. I am sure they agree Lee is a pretty good player. They may wonder why Mitchell is not starting, when it was announced today that he actually will start against Wake in our ACC opener.

I also travel to other boards and I readily admit I also specialize in UofL talk as a sort of representative. But at least I have enough manners to try and earn my keep. It would seem logical if someone were sincere in an interest to bullshlt together about the sport to at least show a modicum of interest in what motivates the fans where you post. Maybe I'm full of it - that's just how i roll anyway. This is people - not programs - people at a bar. Would you - or do you - dominate conversations at a bar by droning on about your team? Boy - I bet that's one of the true strengths of Mr. Personalities the world over, lol.

Reactions: Cue Card
That's exactly why I don't bother going to any other board Senore. What for? I have no interest to speak about UofK and I have enough common sense to understand UofK fans don't want to constantly hear about how I feel about my team on their board. It's rude. It's obnoxious, and frankly it's annoying. No wonder so many who venture over here eventually end up getting banned.

Check
Out all the Cat fans cheering on UL on the message boards. Thug this, thug that. "Urban theatrics" is what one used. But yeah they're pulling for us

We both had a bowl game. How 'bout you?

LPT Football: Home for the holidays...
Congratulations on the UL win last night.
But wgat do you actually get out of winning a bowl game anymore? If you aren't part of the FF it's kind of meaningless to me. They need to change it to an 8 or 16 team playoff. If you're outside the playoff it's not really worth anything. I thing aTm really didn't care last night honestly.
But congrats on your Music City Bowl win.

But wgat do you actually get out of winning a bowl game anymore? If you aren't part of the FF it's kind of meaningless to me. They need to change it to an 8 or 16 team playoff. If you're outside the playoff it's not really worth anything. I thing aTm really didn't care last night honestly.

Meaningless ?
Scat would sacrifice billygoats for a bowl. If you'll ever get to a bowl
game............... again

We both had a bowl game. How 'bout you?

LPT Football: Home for the holidays...

Nah we suck at football. No bowl game for us. Maybe one day though. I guess I could just say it's meaningless and that would make me feel better about it. Does that really work?

LOL..what do you get: extra practice, national exposure, $$,helps recruiting, ..I'm sure UK could have used the extra practice for your only QB. Funny how everytime UL plays a SEC team in a bowl you UK fans say the other team was not interested. Hell, we have beaten more SEC teams in last 3 years than UK. I guess UK would have declined a bowl unless it was for the title.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL..what do you get: extra practice, national exposure, $$,helps recruiting, ..I'm sure UK could have used the extra practice for your only QB. Funny how everytime UL plays a SEC team in a bowl you idiots says the other team was not interested. Hell, we have beaten more SEC teams in last 3 years than UK. I guess UK would have declined a bowl unless it was for the title.

My UK breatheren needs to shut it on the football trash talk. It's silly. Any bowl would have been nice. That said, this is the basketball board. It's lame to claim football when confronted with basketball talk.

Like Petrino said in his presser after the game.....he feels the bowl games are the first game of the next season. You get a mini season of its own, where guys like Lamar can practice overcoming the bad high school coaching he got and learn more about reading defenses and passing. You get to see how your players respond to scouting reports. Players who did not see so much time during the season get another chance to catch the coach's eye.

You give your fans an experience of traveling together which further bonds the team and its fans.

It is not surprising a UK fan would ask this incredibly awkward question. I can't think of a more appropriate ignorance.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Sorry, lost track of your argument... Just say it.

If it's that Pitino has underperformed in the Final Four?... He's been there seven times and has two championships (0.286). A random walk through the Final Four should get you a 0.25 batting average since there are four teams there.

Pitino Lite has gotten there six times with one championship, a ratio of 0.167. Simple math.

Doubt that numbers that small are statistically significant, but they trend in the direction of my argument. More observations will see if the trend continues.

"Elite program", my a$$...
I don't understand how you think that feigning ignorance makes your case any more compelling. You know exactly what I was asking.

How can a mediocre coach come out with a +3 point differential over two games versus one of the greatest X and O guys in the game when the mediocre coach has two kids with high major offers on his roster and the great coach has one of the greatest rosters of all time? If Cal was mediocre, he wouldn't have split the series on neutral sites vs Rick and the '96 cats with one NBA player vs nine.

It simply doesn't make sense, and you discussing one particular ratio that you're interested in comparing (F4s vs championships, as opposed to say.. career win %, tournament win %, head to head numbers, or any win related stat since both guys have been at big boy schools, all of which favor Cal) does nothing to deal with the issue.

I actually have no problem with Louisville fans claiming that Rick is a better X and O guy than Cal.

I'm simply interested in the cognitive dissonance that goes into claiming that Cal is a mediocre coach based on relative results... like he should be undefeated because he has 6 five stars per roster (only matched by K) over the past 6 years, unlike that other batch of guys who languish in poverty with only 4-5 five stars per roster, whose results he completely blows out the water. It's a ludicrous argument.

We see what brilliant coaches with lesser talent look like - and except Rick, none of them are in the same universe as Cal results-wise now that Cal is at a big school. We also see what mediocre coaches with great talent look like - Barnes, Pastner, Jones, Drew, Rice, Romar, etc. We see esteemed coaches with All Americans to spare year after year who are not performing on Cal's level like Williams, Self, Miller, Matta, Donovan, etc.

If you look at recruiting and level of results since Cal has been at a big time school, there is only one coach in the game who is comparable to Cal in both respects. He and K are 1a and 1b in terms of sheer talent per roster and also results on the court. It doesn't make sense to put him in any of the above categories. His talent is not relatively modest like Rick or Izzo or Bo. But his performance is also not comparable to crappy coaches with elite talent like Pastner, nor to even "good" coaches with elite talent like Self.

I don't understand how you think that feigning ignorance makes your case any more compelling. You know exactly what I was asking.

How can a mediocre coach come out with a +3 point differential over two games versus one of the greatest X and O guys in the game when the mediocre coach has two kids with high major offers on his roster and the great coach has one of the greatest rosters of all time? If Cal was mediocre, he wouldn't have split the series on neutral sites vs Rick and the '96 cats with one NBA player vs nine...

I'm simply interested in the cognitive dissonance that goes into claiming that Cal is a mediocre coach based on relative results... like he should be undefeated because he has 6 five stars per roster (only matched by K) over the past 6 years, unlike that other batch of guys who languish in poverty with only 4-5 five stars per roster, whose results he completely blows out the water. It's a ludicrous argument...
Since his arrival, your coach has landed almost as many five-star kids as Duke, Kansas, and Carolina COMBINED.

THAT is exactly how you can say that one championship is underperforming and indicative of true coaching weakness.

Less is more. And there should be a cure for verbal diarrhea out there somewhere. Please try to find it.

You're right in one respect. It doesn't much matter bustin' the chops of an SEC team anymore.

LPT Football: SEC, SEC, SEC!...

Since his arrival, your coach has landed almost as many five-star kids as Duke, Kansas, and Carolina COMBINED.

THAT is exactly how you can say that one championship is underperforming and indicative of true coaching weakness.

Less is more. And there should be a cure for verbal diarrhea out there somewhere. Please try to find it.

We're in a thread where the TITLE is the Louisville record vs UK--and you're going to talk about how UK is underperforming?

Reactions: Dirk2Bowie
We're in a thread where the TITLE is the Louisville record vs UK--and you're going to talk about how UK is underperforming?
I didn't bring up how LPT is performing against teams nationally. Another slapd!ck did.

"Elite program:, my a$$...

You make it more than 4 teams, then every game every week means less for teams AND the fans! 2 loss P5 teams get in over undefeated non P5 teams or 1 loss non conference winners.
It could be like CBB in Pittsburgh where I live. Outside of 10,000 Pitt fans very few watch regular season games until the tourney. Dare to be different and let's evaluate after the contract ends for the 1st 4 teams playoff in cfb.

LOL. This comment reeks of the sourest of sour grapes. We know you don't really believe that.

Reactions: Louisvillian
And Jay's being a helluva lot more polite than I would be to a garden variety slapd!ck.

I'd love to see an 8-game playoff. But to act like being in, and winning, a bowl game is meaningless is just silly. That's all the postseason used to be.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
I'd love to see an 8-game playoff. But to act like being in, and winning, a bowl game is meaningless is just silly. That's all the postseason used to be.
I agree on the 8 team format. I think that will be where we eventually settle. Or at least I hope so, personally. It's the most democratic, lol.

The bowl season is indeed what constitutes a Post Season in the sport of football. Frankly, I doubt if anyone outside of Houston gained as much as we did from our bowl game. What happened to us was off the charts excellent.

Why?

Its frustrating to lose to your rival, however, who else should you play ?
Why not a team 80 miles away ?

Are the Cards not good enough for ya ? Of the last 9, only one game
has been decided by 10 or more points.
Well, I would say because it's never a fun game. It's always really ugly. It is never something I look forward to, and I am happy when it's over. I wouldn't say stop playing each other period, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we didn't play every year.

Well then what do you proclaim yourself? A riflery school?? I've never heard an LPT fan argue that point.

You're describing it like it's a delusion.

Is the LPT thing an ironic joke? You know UL would have to win 19 straight just to tie the all time series right? Even in football you all just tied the series.

:eek:This guy is the very definition of Bobby Petrino's 'Slapdick' reference.

Must be related to Gary Gupton.

Underachieving when K is the only guy you can argue has had a better 7 years since he's been at UK? Right...

Reactions: Dirk2Bowie
Underachieving when K is the only guy you can argue has had a better 7 years since he's been at UK? Right...
Louisville has as many championships in that time frame with 30 fewer 5-star players.

Louisville has as many championships in that time frame with 30 fewer 5-star players.

So Championships is the only measurement for success? Wins, final fours, tourney wins, head to head results.....all that stuff means nothing at all?

On the other side of the coin Kenrucky has won without any veterans or experience. Louisville had many more upper class men. Doesn't that count for something?

Reactions: kyjeff1
On the other side of the coin Kenrucky has won without any veterans or experience. Louisville had many more upper class men. Doesn't that count for something?
Yes, it indicates that your coach recruits well. The 2 programs have won more ball games in the past 5 years than any teams in America. You're just typically defensive. Why is that?

Don't forget that Kentucky had a team with two lottery picks go to the NIT.

I am a sports fan period. I grew up in Ky and until RP took the UL job i would root for UL. Im just being honest. Maybe it was immaturity or bad sportsmanship, but it hurt watching him build a winner while my favorite team got worse. Thats the truth. And if most UK fans my age can't admit it, well thats on them.

Now that im older or maybe because Cal has stepped in and taken it even past RPs accomplishments i see things different. UL has good kids. I loved Sosa. Heart the size of a ocean . The last year UL won it all i loved that team. Full of over achievers and tuff kids.

Im not here to blow smoke ill be honest. For me its the players , the young men. RP and Cal get paid a lot of money. Criticism is part of their job description. But one thing i will defend are the young men on both teams. Of course when you have knuckleheads do stupid things you will have an opinion. But to trash the young. Men on either team just because they play for that school is we're i draw the line.

At the end of the day its about good basketball and better young men. Some take this stuff personally and feel like its their job to trash anything uk or ul. People like that cause more harm then good. Not saying we have to hold hands and sing together. Just saying we should be able to post comments and have a healthy discussion with out the rude or intentional low blows.

I am a sports fan period. I grew up in Ky and until RP took the UL job i would root for UL. Im just being honest. Maybe it was immaturity or bad sportsmanship, but it hurt watching him build a winner while my favorite team got worse. Thats the truth. And if most UK fans my age can't admit it, well thats on them.

Now that im older or maybe because Cal has stepped in and taken it even past RPs accomplishments i see things different. UL has good kids. I loved Sosa. Heart the size of a ocean . The last year UL won it all i loved that team. Full of over achievers and tuff kids.

Im not here to blow smoke ill be honest. For me its the players , the young men. RP and Cal get paid a lot of money. Criticism is part of their job description. But one thing i will defend are the young men on both teams. Of course when you have knuckleheads do stupid things you will have an opinion. But to trash the young. Men on either team just because they play for that school is we're i draw the line.

At the end of the day its about good basketball and better young men. Some take this stuff personally and feel like its their job to trash anything uk or ul. People like that cause more harm then good. Not saying we have to hold hands and sing together. Just saying we should be able to post comments and have a healthy discussion with out the rude or intentional low blows.
Excellent post in many ways.

They had one lottery pick who blew his knee out. If you're referring to Cauley-Stein as the other, that dude was raw as an egg as a freshman.
The best LPT wins that year came AFTER Noel went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT