ADVERTISEMENT

1-8 the past 9 years pretty frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness, coach scheduled the OOC with the thought his team would be extremely young. The two fifth year seniors were a blessing, but at the same time, those two made the transition for the younger players easier to deal with, thus making the OOC schedule way easier than it needed to be.

Regarding Pitino going back to Rupp, how could it not be emotional for him? He made some life long friends during his time there. I'm sure looking up and seeing his jersey next to his dear friend Bill Knightly's causes him extreme emotion and probably sadness too. That man meant the world to coach Pitino. I'm sure he has plenty of fond memories to reflect on. How could he not?

Agreed with Cue - how could Rick not be emotional coming back to Rupp? He rescued the UK program from the depths and put it back on top, and was BELOVED for doing so. I don't see why a lot of UK fans have such short memories. The 8 year stretch that Rick was at UK was amazing. He laid the groundwork that led directly to another title and outside of the failed Gillispie experiment, UK has been nationally relevant every single year since Rick arrived in Lexington. 99% of us would have done the same thing Rick did when he left for Boston - as he put it in an interview once, he had 50 million reasons to make that choice. And why shouldn't he take the Louisville job when it was open? Elite basketball school, excellent fanbase, etc. I don't blame him for taking the U of L job and will always hold him in high regard for the incredible (and very fast) job he din in rebuilding UK.

He has every right to be emotional and doesn't deserve the hate that is leveled at him from some of the UK fanbase.

Agreed with Cue - how could Rick not be emotional coming back to Rupp? He rescued the UK program from the depths and put it back on top, and was BELOVED for doing so. I don't see why a lot of UK fans have such short memories. The 8 year stretch that Rick was at UK was amazing. He laid the groundwork that led directly to another title and outside of the failed Gillispie experiment, UK has been nationally relevant every single year since Rick arrived in Lexington. 99% of us would have done the same thing Rick did when he left for Boston - as he put it in an interview once, he had 50 million reasons to make that choice. And why shouldn't he take the Louisville job when it was open? Elite basketball school, excellent fanbase, etc. I don't blame him for taking the U of L job and will always hold him in high regard for the incredible (and very fast) job he din in rebuilding UK.

He has every right to be emotional and doesn't deserve the hate that is leveled at him from some of the UK fanbase.
Truth be told, had he not loved his time in the state, he would have chosen Michigan over UofL. People tend to forget the friendships he formed while in Lexington, and the beautiful state of Kentucky is what drew him back, and of course the job itself which hadn't been available in 30 years.

I understand why some feel the way they do about coach Pitino for taking the UofL job. I was equally angry at him for saving the program after Eddie Sutton drove it in the ground. I fully understand that. Still, in the end, it's just a game. It is not life or death. It's just an escape from real life 2 hours at a time.

I actually haven't hated Rick. But, flipping the bird on the special hallowed grounds that make him so emotional...not helping matters.

I actually haven't hated Rick. But, flipping the bird on the special hallowed grounds that make him so emotional...not helping matters.
Wheres the proof he flipped the bird? The supposed video shows nothing except what you inbred's want to believe based what Matt Jones is feeding you slobbering idiots. Take your 18 posts back to your own board.

Was using Kenpom SOS to get my info. After yesterday's games UK's SOS sits at 99 on Kenpom. Not sure why there is such a huge difference in the 2 metrics, but I know that on Kenpom, it will improve from 99 as the year wears on.
The only teams LPT plays worth a Sh!t are out of conference, and there's not many of them. If your SOS is 99 at this point, you're really effed come tourney time.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Wow, so you are saying that most Louisville fans, including yourself, do not consider UofL to be an elite basketball program. I have a feeling your fellow Card fans would disagree with you, as would I.
I don't use descriptors like that because there's no objective way of measurement. It's pure BS and emotion. And pretty much the domain of slapd!cks.

Not to mention for every reason you can give me for considering yourself "elite", I can give you one why you're not.

Looking back over the last several years, UK's Kenpom SOS has been 31, 3, 71, 28, 15, 53. If it ends worse than 99th this year it would be a pretty major outlier.

Wheres the proof he flipped the bird? The supposed video shows nothing except what you inbred's want to believe based what Matt Jones is feeding you slobbering idiots. Take your 18 posts back to your own board.

Dude, you're in denial. He clearly raises his first and one finger. Your best retort is that I can't definitively prove it. I've seen a lot of people flipped off, and that looks like all of them.

Also: Why does this turn to me being inbred because your coach is being a jerk? Somehow I'll wind up banned, and I'm the one being civil.

Reactions: Dirk2Bowie
I don't use descriptors like that because there's no objective way of measurement. It's pure BS and emotion. And pretty much the domain of slapd!cks.

Not to mention for every reason you can give me for considering yourself "elite", I can give you one why you're not.

I think it's pretty near impossible to argue that Kentucky isn't an elite basketball program.

...Now we have Coach P coming out and saying its emotional for him to come back to Rupp. This after he doesn't get into this rivalry this much lol...
Has nothing to do with a rivalry... He's got a banner hanging in the old barn. It's because he coached at LPT before, and he's still trying to put a positive spin on that.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Dude, you're in denial. He clearly raises his first and one finger. Your best retort is that I can't definitively prove it. I've seen a lot of people flipped off, and that looks like all of them.

Also: Why does this turn to me being inbred because your coach is being a jerk? Somehow I'll wind up banned, and I'm the one being civil.
I've seen the so-called evidence, and it appears to be 8-10 pixels where his hand is supposed to be. Please tell us which pixel is supposed to be his middle finger.

And I don't recommend you be banned... Just mocked and ridiculed.

It doesn't turn you into one...you already are one, cat fan.

I've seen the so-called evidence, and it appears to be 8-10 pixels where his hand is supposed to be. Please tell us which pixel is supposed to be his middle finger.

And I don't recommend you be banned... Just mocked and ridiculed.

LOL

Oh the horror. Mocked and ridiculed by Louisville fans on a message board.

I've looked at it too and I can't see any type of middle finger being thrown up. I can't tell for sure and neither can anyone else with that footage. He said he didn't, and considering how he's confessed to the world about having an affair on his wife with a whore who looked to extort money from him, I don't have any reason to believe he was lying about flipping off some loudmouth who was trying to provoke him. Even if he did, he was provoked after a tough loss. What the hell do any of you expect in that instance? It's OK for some loudmouth punk to run his mouth, but not OK for a response? How is that fair?

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
And how do you view the same situation if Calipari flipped off a fan in the Yum Center?
In ANY profession, you're held to the higher standard.
Except at U of L, of course.
BS. It's just a double standard that you want to call a higher standard. Why? He is a human being. So is Calipari. People are always provoking famous people looking to create some type of drama to entertain themselves. I really don't care if he flipped off some fan but he says he didn't, and I'm going to need better CLEARER proof that he did before I'll applaud his actions. The only thing he could have done better was punch the loser in the throat.

Can someone please confirm that I have this right. Zipps argument is that UK came out ready to play and did their best to win the game while UL did not care as much and were indifferent on whether they won or lost?
Does Zipp want an apology from UK for playing harder than UL when it appears that he should want an apology from UL for not playing hard enough?...
No one needs to apologize to anybody. If I played in a mid-major conference and had a few good teams each year to look forward to, hell yes I would take this game seriously.

Conversely, if I wasn't from around here, wasn't coached to put this game on a pedestal, and had the ACC schedule ahead of me, the game wouldn't mean as much. You hear these guys talking both ways.

I don't want seasonal goals to trump one out-of-conference game, so I'm cool with how our guys handle it. Let us be the other team's Super Bowl. According to Pitino Lite, slapd!cks are used to that from other schools like Ohio State too.

Odd only folks really saying this happened are Uk fans and some media folks whom are upset that Rick, didn't talk. if it's not conclusive why is it such a big deal? People only want to beleive what they want, and this situation fueled by Uk fans and media members are just piling up on Rick, and U of L for this .

No one needs to apologize to anybody. If I played in a mid-major conference and had a few good teams each year to look forward to, hell yes I would take this game seriously.

Conversely, if I wasn't from around here, wasn't coached to put this game on a pedestal, and had the ACC schedule ahead of me, the game wouldn't mean as much. You hear these guys talking both ways.

I don't want seasonal goals to trump one out-of-conference game, so I'm cool with how our guys handle it. Let us be the other team's Super Bowl. According to Pitino Lite, slapd!cks are used to that from other schools like Ohio State too.

I don't disagree with most of this post. I do differ in opinion on "seasonal goals" thought. It's a pretty common theme among U of L fans (on message boards at least) that this game vs UK is meaningless in the big scheme of things and that Rick coaches teams for March and not December. The only issue I see with that, is that every time Calipari has beaten UofL since he got to UK, UK has gone farther in the tourney than UofL has.

Now I understand some would say it doesn't matter unless you win it all, or that UK should be going farther because we have better talent, etc - but while both coaches have excelled in the tourney, one has done a better job of it than the other and has managed to win almost 90% of the games vs the other as well. Pitino has even been granted 2 chances to avenge regular season losses in the tourney and hasn't gotten it done.

All real "rivalries" tend to be cyclical. At some point UofL will win a few games in a row and all of this discussion will be a moot point anyway.

ll real "rivalries" tend to be cyclical. At some point UofL will win a few games in a row and all of this discussion will be a moot point anyway.

I don't think it's happening anytime soon as long as Cal is coaching against Rick. have you seen the next William Wesley creation , for uk's next class ungodly again! And It will be about having more talent next year unlike this year. When we really should have won this game. We just cannot beat thee guys, proof is their.

Last edited:
I am always amazed that the guy who laid it on the line for 40 minutes and lost a heartbreaker is demonized for reacting to incredible cruelty, derision and hostility in a place where he worked his guts out only a few years before. From somebody with the cost of admission. If UK fans had any class they wouldn't scream at a hall of fame coach who saved them from the death penalty. But asking UK fans about class is like asking a pile of dog poop about nuclear fusion.

I am always amazed that the guy who laid it on the line for 40 minutes and lost a heartbreaker is demonized for reacting to incredible cruelty, derision and hostility in a place where he worked his guts out only a few years before. From somebody with the cost of admission. If UK fans had any class they wouldn't scream at a hall of fame coach who saved them from the death penalty. But asking UK fans about class is like asking a pile of dog poop about nuclear fusion.

As a UK fan I'll go on record as saying that there is a sizable portion of our fanbase that I am embarrassed by. Treating Rick like a POS after what he did for our program is ridiculous. He's human just like the rest of us and he HATES losing. We embraced that fire when he was here. If he did flip off an idiot, good for him. I wouldn't want my coach to be happy after losing a close game to a fierce rival.

So what if he did flip the bird? He's the same guy you loved when he was in lessington. He's a bad loser, always has been.
They forgot he saved them from the graveyard as he has done our program which was dying slowly also. I just hate that all this bad press and luck is happening to the program. Nothing is going the card way !

A digit, maybe. It doesn't really show which digit, and since I can't show you what a real flip of the bird looks like (I tried but it got deleted), then I'm just going to say I have seen it and I do not agree based on that image that he flipped some loudmouth off. If it clearly showed he did I would be doing this:

emoticon-clapping-hands.png

Is that clear enough for you????????????

Hee is human and don't beleive Calipari is a saint he just hasn't been caught redhanded . Ain't a rich man in the world that hasn't cheated on his signifigant other. Beleive that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick flipping them off is understandable but he should have admitted to the deed. Anyone can lose their temper but man up and admit it. He also should have had the locker room interview that is under contract to do. He seems to be going down hill quickly with the pressure of the problems mounting. Pretty sad for such a good coach.

Rick flipping them off is understandable but he should have admitted to the deed. Anyone can lose their temper but man up and admit it. He also should have had the locker room interview that is under contract to do. He seems to be going down hill quickly with the pressure of the problems mounting. Pretty sad for such a good coach.
BS. Why should he man up to something he didn't do? I have yet to see a clear, concise picture of him holding up his middle finger to anyone. If I ever do see that, I will clap loudly in support.

Regarding the post game interview. He did the post game radio interview like he always does for out of conference games. He is only required to do TV interviews after conference games. If you really want to see him interviewed after a game, then watch a UofL conference game.

I don't disagree with most of this post. I do differ in opinion on "seasonal goals" thought. It's a pretty common theme among U of L fans (on message boards at least) that this game vs UK is meaningless in the big scheme of things and that Rick coaches teams for March and not December. The only issue I see with that, is that every time Calipari has beaten UofL since he got to UK, UK has gone farther in the tourney than UofL has.

Now I understand some would say it doesn't matter unless you win it all, or that UK should be going farther because we have better talent, etc - but while both coaches have excelled in the tourney, one has done a better job of it than the other and has managed to win almost 90% of the games vs the other as well. Pitino has even been granted 2 chances to avenge regular season losses in the tourney and hasn't gotten it done.

All real "rivalries" tend to be cyclical. At some point UofL will win a few games in a row and all of this discussion will be a moot point anyway.
This game means alot too me!. I'm not like some of these Card fans that say it doesn' t . I'm CAF donor so yes i invest in my program and going 1-8 is unexceptable to me.

Exactly. Best opponent uofk will see.
They played like it. Your denial notwithstanding.
cow only has two goals - Beat UofL and get five, first round draft picks.
He uses up his coaching genius against the Cards, not in the NCAAT.

2012 UK team called, they want to announce your argument is invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT