ADVERTISEMENT

Yuts Cards Predictions and opinions

Satt should know by now that uk will do everything they can to get in our head before the first kick.

Taunts, fights, whatever. It’s just what they do.

We have to not let that happen. Again.

Stay focused and let them play undisciplined FB as usual, and we win IMO.

And It wouldn’t hurt to slow down what’s his name, the RB. ;)

Reactions: Mayoman and earsky
Uk will use the QB draw to score at will. After the game CSS will say “we did not expect that”. Cards are outscored by at least 23 points.

• Angry
Reactions: Mayoman
Kentucky has seemed more cautious with involving Levis in the running game so it's anybody's guess if that changes Saturday. They overloaded us across the formation with tight ends in a way last year that just killed us and it looked like something we had no preparation for. It's one of my cautions for this year; we run down a lot of counter action from behind because we have set the edge better in the last month plus. Diaby and Gillotte in particular are anchoring better. One big plus this year vs. the matchup last year...we didn't have Monte Montgomery at a LB having instead Fagot and we didn't have Kei'Trel Clark. For as risky as Brownlee can be he's a big jump over what we saw against UK last year where it was Greedy Vance and Chandler Jones.

I assume it's still the case with the series where running the football has been the litmus test to who wins and it's where we'll miss Cunningham; I don't know what Evans' status is and assume we won't know until kickoff. Those two question marks in particular have me picking UK 23-16.

Reactions: CGblue and earsky
I completely agree have someone totally focused on Levis and don’t let that idiot loose.
I said a couple weeks back - UofL will need to spy levis and take the draw away as much as possible. He’s been dealing with a toe issue most of the year that has stopped much of the QB draw play calls but, after the way that the back half of the season has gone for the yuts combined with Porky’s raise - Stupes will be pulling out all the stops. He simply can’t afford to lose this game.

We’ll see if Satterfield has learned anything from previous years about the importance of this game.

Reactions: earsky
I completely agree have someone totally focused on Levis and don’t let that idiot loose.
And kinda hand in hand with the draw is those 3rd and longs where the defense has to get off the field.
There were several of those last season when #7 took off to escape pressure up the middle. I think if you bring the heat from the middle it will make him escape right or left. He's not nearly as effective taking off doing that.

Reactions: BPGhost
I got the cards struggling to score (Domann at QB on the road) and we lose a low scoring game 17-10.

Satterfield is playing this close to the vest, but I think Malik has had a bad shoulder injury. staff and team are playing this 100% correctly, but I don’t expect a guy who hasn’t started more than 3 games to carve up this Uk defense. They are good on that side as usual.

I think you're going to see a different Satterfield and team this year.. After the miraculous turnaround we've made this year he isn't going to throw it all away by getting drug by them. We may not win but I bet we will not get bullied by them this year..

Cards 24 UsucKs 17..

Several aspects that IMO would give UK the advantage.
Their defense is legit.
Their talent level is superior to Louisville’s.
Home field.
Senior day.
However, Louisville had these advantages back during Lamar Jackson’s sophomore year and found a way to loose. (Remember LJ fumbled on their 10 yard line). I hope Louisville is in a position to win the game down the stretch. But based on the last three years of blowouts, it just hard for me to get my hopes up. If Louisville can force at least two turnovers and not have any of their own, maybe the cards can pull the upset.

Reactions: NeffJ
Until there is some conclusive answer to both Cunningham and Evans availability; it would be difficult to predict a UL win.

Those Levis QB Draw plays last year were identical to what Syracuse executed so effectively on us. Those SECand ACC opponents who were most successful defensively against UK and Syracuse respectively; were those who were able to load up between the tackles and still able to bring pressure from one of the DEs or LBs outside.

Easy to draw it up, but not so easy to execute.

I don’t feel good about the game. Their receiver Dane Key is a problem. We gotta be tough in one on one coverage. Just not sure Douman will be able to move the ball.

Levis thinks he’s a 1st rounder.

He’s not anxious to run the ball anymore. Especially with turf toe.

And I expect he will forego a bowl game.

• Haha
Reactions: Mayoman
friends sleep GIF

Reactions: CGblue
Yeah, UK has been ready for this game even since Stoops arrived. They are a solid team. It will be a challenge and until Louisville matches their intensity I can’t pick them.

24-13 UK

This game could really go south will quickly. Louisville is down to 2 backs any injury to them or QB it gets real tough to generate any offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT