ADVERTISEMENT

Your win expectations for 2019 as of today - UPDATED w/ BOWL WIN!!!!

just a recap, WE ARE GOING FFFING BOWLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm out of the prediction business.

Last year burned me. And everybody else. :confused: NOBODY predicted 2-10.

We, and probably CSS, have no idea what we have right now. We THINK we have some talent. We KNOW we have some speed.

It appears from some comments that there will be personnel moves meaning learning new positions.

If we can get a QB to deliver the ball on time and where it needs to be.......

But right now I can see a bowl, or another 2 win season.

To many unknowns.

I guess that is a Prediction" o_O:D

4 wins and a team that will be fun to root for because they give great effort, play smart football, and are good in all 3 phases of the game.

7-6 (the 7th win will be the Bowl game)
but to me 6-6, beating uk, and being competitive in all games would make me happy to start the Satts era.

I think we hit 6. I honestly think we could hit 6 with the same team as last year but with this staff that will actually coach them up.

8-5 with a win over Tennessee or Vanderbilt in the Music City Bowl.

I make no predictions. But here's some Louisville turnaround history:

2010: After a 4-8 in 2009 by Kragthorpe, Strong goes 7-6.

1998: After a 1-10 in 1997 by Cooper, Smith goes 7-5.

1992: After a 2-9 in 1991 by Schnellenberger, Schnellenberger goes 5-6. (Not a good comparison)

1985: After a 2-9 in 1984 by Weber, Schnellenberger goes 2-9. (Almost a restart of FB Program)

I would say the improvement in win total could range anywhere from 0 to 6 wins.

So, without making a prediction, I'll say it is mathematically likely that the Cards would make something like a 3 win improvement.

There are so many variables. Schnellenberger, Smith and Strong were all good leaders. Satterfield may also be.

I’ll be happy with two things, the ability for the OL to block and the ability of the defense to make tackles. Simple right?

4-8 or 5-7 with most of the losses being competitive. 2020? 9-3 with a 73-10 win over Purdue in a bowl game.

Could very easily be favored at Wake and at home against BC. There are several more on there with spreads that will be within the 3-7 range; i.e. very winnable. What will likely be a 6-5 or so UK team at the end of the season immediately comes to mind as one of those types of games.

Whatever it takes to go bowling. That will be the goal.

That's where I am. I'd call that a "good season" from a progress POV...

I am in the 4 to 5 range as well. The offense has the pieces to run his offense well enough to be decent if they can find a QB. The defense is the question mark and this staff would have to be miracle workers to turn into a top 50 defense. Success for me would be getting it in the top 75 in total defense. If that happens they will be in every game. I would be happy with that at this point.

But an o line will be essential. Not sure where that will come from. I hate to say it but at this point 4-8.

4-8...regardless of the so-called Recruiting Rankings Petrino Left the cupboard bare....

4-8, but definitely more competitive ascross the board. Only thing I would counter to some of the rebuild chatter above is that we never had to rebuild in a really good conference. That will make this more difficult, but still think we see signifcantly better results, which honestly won't be that hard looking at the '18 season.

If the new coaching staff can get the players to "believe" after such a nightmare season then I think we can make 5 - 7 or better.

I believe a realistic expectation is 3 or 4 wins. Beat the teams from lower divisions and expect improved coaching and organization leads to a couple of surprising wins over lower tier conference foes.

Sticking with 5-7; just slightly more confident in that prediction now.

I've been at 6 wins since the Spring Game. We have thinned the herd, but still have talent at key positions. Strong at RB, WR, LB and Safety. Decent CB, DLine and Oline. Opportunity at QB. We have the talent, just not enough talent to sustain multiple injuries. I'm still at 6.

7 or 8 games including bowl. ESPN FPI now has us favored over BC and making ground on Virginia.

I still think 7 or 8 games is attainable. Coach said physically we can compete with anybody but we won't be good until we lose the mental mistakes. They get two more weeks to work on that starting now.

For S&Gs, where the hell do 5-6 more wins come from?...

Well for S&G’s I think BC, SU and NCState are definite possibilities. I’d throw UM in there as a possibility because they are playing like crap. Barely beat a directional Michigan team 17-12 while that same directional Michigan team lost to Wisconsin 61-0. And I think at this point, we are better than uahkay.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I said 3 at the beginning of the year, but I’m thinking 4 will be the number.

BC - W
Wake - L
Clemson - L
UVA - toss up
Miami - L
NC St - W
Cuse - W
UK - W

I love how the team is competing. I'm hopeful we'll get at least 1 more win. We're getting into the part of the season where injuries are going to start taking a major toll. And our QB situation is not great.

At the start of the season I was hoping for 3-4 wins and being competitive in every game. I never would have guessed we'd make it to a Bowl. I'm glad to be wrong.

One of the nice things about having low expectations is I really enjoyed every game and felt like we were playing with house money after the first month.

What a great accomplishment for this team, my hat's off to the players and coaching staff.

I said 6 but I thought it would take the full 12 games to get there.
Satterfield can flat out coach.

Reactions: glassmanJ
well, that was one helluva year! congrats to everyone from top to bottom who helped in any way, what an awesome ride!

Thanks glass for posting recaps. Hats off and a bow to Commodore for nailing it with Music City Bowl. You are good. Please look in that crystal ball of yours and let us know what 2020 is?

Scott Satterfield is Louisville man of the year!

It’s amazing how things can change so quick with a jerk like Bobby and the mess he leaves behind.

We were on cloud 9 after an Orange Bowl win with Brohm about to come back, then he jets out of town like we were dirt. The program went in the toilet for the next few years.

Charlie built us back up with loads of NFL talent. We get Bobby back and forgive him quick thinking he could dominate now. We get Lamar and are in the playoff chase. A Heisman winner at Louisville. Then boom, he just gives up and we are the worst team in the country.

But hey Jeff Brohm is coming back right? Nope. He turns us down and we get a guy (me included) from App State that wasn’t as inspiring.

The rug pulled out from us twice, but then Scott does the reverse Petrino and comes in with hope and turns us around. He proved a lot of us wrong (me included) and now we have hope again.

And let’s be real, had we went 2-10 or 3-9 again, the fan base could’ve given up for a while.

I'm not sure how well people understand win probabilities. If the rest of your games--eight--are toss ups on average (which I think is generous at this point), that likely gets you FOUR more wins. That would be a total of six wins on the season.

A more reasonable calculation that way is to remove the Clemson game as a certain loss. That's 3.5 more wins if the rest are toss ups, for a final record of 5.5 wins and 6.5 losses. Conservatively, I'll take the under on that at 5-7 which would be a good year. 4-8 is IMO meeting expectations.

Those outcomes weren't significantly affected on Saturday, just made a little less likely...
Mr positive. Heart, determination, and coaching is sometimes a better barometer than analytics.

Mr positive. Heart, determination, and coaching is sometimes a better barometer than analytics.
LOL at quoting from September. Are you gonna go back and cite everyone’s early predictions on an unexpected season as evidence of “positivity”?

And FYI, I’m neither Mr. Positive or Negative when it comes to objective analysis. That’s why it’s analysis and not hope or optimism.

Keep following me...

LOL at quoting from September. Are you gonna go back and cite everyone’s early predictions on an unexpected season as evidence of “positivity”?

And FYI, I’m neither Mr. Positive or Negative when it comes to objective analysis. That’s why it’s analysis and not hope or optimism.

Keep following me...
Yeah. The general consensus around the program was more 3-4 wins with a hope of 5.

I don’t think anyone expected our team to perform to this high of a level. I was completely wrong. I was thinking 2-3 wins at best.

I predicted 6 and fell one short. It really wasn’t a difficult call considering the talent coming back.

I didn’t expect the offense to be as good and thought our defense would be a little better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT