ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Musketeers dropped 4 to #20 Oregon last weekend. Three of the four were close,low scoring games.
There's no reason to overlook a team hungry for their first win today,as these two programs know each other pretty well.
I'm guessing it is Freshman Justin West getting the start for the Cards and I expect him to have a good outing.
Game time change to 2pm due to incoming weather tonight.

Let's get some runs and help the rookie.

Go Cards!!

Reactions: Bardman
Just continue making solid contact with the ball and playing solid defense. UofL has arms available if West struggles at all.

Yep - Damn. Let’s hope whatever is wrong with West is minor and they are being ultra-conservative.

Reactions: earsky
Anyone know if Korbyn is dinged up? Sort of expected to see him already.

Not liking how this game is smelling. X just keeps making good contact and knocking the ball all around the field. UofL today…not so much.

Nice come back win for the Cards 12 to 8 ! Simply dominated the last 3 innings!

Reactions: gocds
Good time for Beard to get going. They can put a batting lineup together that changes around daily,but still puts pressure on the opposing pitchers 1-9 constantly.

That was a fun game. Seemed like X was destined to win. Not so fast, says Logan. Huge bomb.

Btw,I talked to Tate yesterday at the game. It's not an arm issue, but sounded like a pulled muscle in the back somewhere.
I thought he said good to go next week.

I'm beginning to think the Cards are, too. It's early, but they seem potent, 1-9.
Good take. Also, they have people who can come into the lineup and not impede the offensive production.

Mac talked about it after the game. Xavier loaded with veteran ball players that know how to play. Coming off three close losses to #20 Oregon, they were hungry to get their first win.
They'll make some noise in league play and we could see them in the tournament.
Every stud they brought in to pitch was greeted rudely.

Reactions: 2330859 and gocds
Actually I liked what I saw from the Cards today. It's early season and Mac's teams always get better. Xavier was pretty disciplined and good and this was a good win.

GO CARDS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT