ADVERTISEMENT

WVOB v NC St

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Man, out of synch, blocked balls go the wrong way, challenges go to St, etc. Cards are pretty much getting an old fashioned ass kickin. There technically is still a chance, but everything has gone St’s way and I doubt momentum will change. (Hope I am wrong).

I missed the first 2 sets was surprised when I finally tuned in and the score was 2-0. I agree with you we were totally out of sync and we were a step behind on everything. Since the Stanford match it seems as if all of our opponents are attacking the middle with success. Our middle lacks the mobility to address the issue, hope the coaches figure it out.

Only the coach could explain what is going on inside this roster that could manifest on to the court. The NCST ladies were very well prepared and deserve all the credit, as the match was as dominating a loss that UL has experienced in a while. With that said, as Bardman pointed out, the Cards performance was a combination of errors and poor execution. DeBeer was not the only one who struggled, but clearly she played totally out of sync.

#17 (the lefty) for NC St was carrying the Pack in her back. She was a difference maker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT