ADVERTISEMENT

would you guys accept an NIT bid if you could?

Wall2Boogie

Getting the Hang of It
Jan 28, 2010
Just curious, I won't throw salt on the wound, but if it were possible would you accept a bid to the nit or that really bad post season tournament just to see the cards play on? I know it's not the big dance but it's something. Would you guys agree if that were possible?

Last edited:
Reactions: CatPhight
I'm just curious, not starting any garbage but I would have no problem doing so if we were in your shoes. Would you rather not play in anything other than the tournament?

Just curious, I won't throw salt on the wound, but if it were possible would you accept a bid to the nit or that really bad post season tournament just to see the cards play on? I know it's not the big dance but it's something. Would you guys agree if that were possible?
You answer that question, your team has been to the NIT 2 out of the last 7 years. What is your answer?

Since the expansion to 68 teams
Louisville 0 NIT's
Kentucky 2

No. A post season ban includes all of the post season.

In case you guys are wondering (and I know you are) about the OP. Her posts are equally as trash in our neck of the woods

What a ridiculous post. The OP is the type that gives the entire UK fanbase a bad name. SMH.

You know you guys are right about us being the last team to go to the NIT. Coincidentally that is the only team Rick and your Cardinals has been able to beat since Calipari has been there.
Yeah. All we managed was a Title that year.

And, well, you know the rest, Year of the Cardinal and all.

Reactions: American Male
It
In case you guys are wondering (and I know you are) about the OP. Her posts are equally as trash in our neck of the woods[/QUOTE

Thanks through blue you sit there and bash Louisville 24/7 then come here and show your a hypocrite. Bravo

You guys know that is how uk fans think if they were in our shoes they would beleive they could go to the NIT. We all know their ignorance of reality.

One thing that's definitely worse than a postseason ban is losing in the 1st round of the NIT.

Thankfully, that will never be us.

"Elite program", my a$$...

True...but you guys definitely know how to bow out the 1st weekend of the tournament. Rick has had quite a few of those over the years.
No comparison, slappy. But nice try.

No comparison, slappy. But nice try.

So your telling me you would rather have multiple years of bowing out in the first weekend of the NCAA tournament than have just 1 year of making the NIT (when your best player went down to injury) and bowing out early? I don't believe that simply because both UK and UofL holds the NCAA way above the NIT. Who cares about NIT appearances because that is a subpar year for either program.

So your telling me you would rather have multiple years of bowing out in the first weekend of the NCAA tournament than have just 1 year of making the NIT (when your best player went down to injury) and bowing out early? I don't believe that simply because both UK and UofL holds the NCAA way above the NIT. Who cares about NIT appearances because that is a subpar year for either program.
Let's also not forget you did that starting with the #1 basketball preseason ranking in some polls.

In a word, astounding.

Let's also not forget you did that starting with the #1 basketball preseason ranking in some polls.

In a word, astounding.

That's called the Kentucky Effect lol. Preseason rankings mean nothing and is normally based off the previous year.

Not many teams that start off number 1 finish number with a title. I'm pretty sure we did it in 2012 but rankings mean nothing come tourney time. I don't think there has ever been a team go wire to wire

Not many teams that start off number 1 finish number with a title. I'm pretty sure we did it in 2012 but rankings mean nothing come tourney time. I don't think there has ever been a team go wire to wire

AP #1 ranked team to win the championship

UCLA 67,68,69,71-73
UConn 2004
UNLV-1990
Indiana-1987
UNC 1982, 2009
Duke 1992
Florida 2007
UK 1996

Not many teams that start off number 1 finish number with a title...
So, you see no distinction between not winning a title and losing in the first round of the NIT? Ever been to the Grand Canyon?

Mention of the "NIT" does not open a thread to all topics that are NIT related.

Does an LPT fan exist who can stay on topic?

Reactions: JohnKBA
That's called the Kentucky Effect lol. Preseason rankings mean nothing and is normally based off the previous year.
I find it funny you post that preseason rankings mean nothing, when the yut fan base annually makes the date of their arrival the 3rd most celebrated day behind only Draft night and National signing day.

I would submit that preseason rankings as a whole are a byproduct of a "yut (type of) effect". They have no real value and exist only as a way to sell magazines (i.e. -ESPN) or generate clicks (i.e. - sweet matt & the Ginger Skank). They can't be based on the "previous year" at least in the yuts case, given their annual turnover. It's lazy journalism that caters specifically to rubes that are hyper-obsessed with winning paper championships.

Though I suppose to be fair - they are simply filling the void created by fan bases like the yuts who have annually given up on their football team by mid season.

I know you guys are post season banned. That's not a slam we have been there. My only question was if they would allow you to participate in a tournament like the nit would you accept the bid?

TBH, this is a good topic to bring up (in my eyes). It would give these guys more to play for.
Thank you mj, I wasn't trying to start a fight just a question. I know it or were us, I'd be ok with it aince it would mean more basketball. That's all I was curious about

Here's a much more interesting rhetorical question... Would you take an ACC invite or remain in the SEC?

I personally think it's a moot point, not really worth discussing. It's a POST season ban, meaning ANY post season tournament. And I don't really believe our players or staff would be interested in playing in a lesser tournament, when we are obviously playing at an upper tier NCAAT level. I just don't think there is any upside to tacking on a few games at the end of the season for the possibility of an NIT title. If it were a preseason tournament, I could see the logic, but not an end-of-the-season "consolation" tournament. JMO

To be honest, if there was one thread that needed to be removed, it's this one. There is no scenario under any circumstance that it would happen as Steelers said, it's moot. The only reason we would go to the NIT would be if we weren't good enough to make the big dance, and clearly that's not the case.

It would have been akin to one of us going on the yut site to ask if they would accept a bowl bid as a 5-7 team if it meant they had to pay the other team's expenses in addition to their own.

More passive / aggressive drivel done in the name of "conversation" but, in the spirit of shading us.

Reactions: nccardfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT