ADVERTISEMENT

Would Jeff Brohm be viewed the same if he took the UK job?

By whom and in what respect?

He and his family will always be beloved among U of L fans. A few of us will seriously start to question his business judgement. And pity may start to a be a related sentiment...

I wasn't kidding when I said his family have the deepest roots at UofL.It's not happenin.

By all measures, Brohm is a "young" coach. He's got a future. He's not dumb. If you look at the history of UK coaches, there is no future after UK, the Bear being the exception, over 60 years ago. Anyway, he'd be smart to get the payday, but incredibly stupid if he thought long term and actually valued a job in his profession.

Reactions: Cue Card
Job opportunity's are all about timing it would depend on what other jobs are open and bottom line doesn't matter what we think about Brohm taking the uk job. If thats the only major conference viable option at the time for him , he might not be able to turn it down the man has to to secure his financial life first and foremost. Though i would hope he gets a shot at a better situation than Uk. South Carolina were plain idiots not hiring him.

Reactions: gocds
Auburn and LSU could have a job opening late this year. I'm not saying Jeff goes to one of those schools this year but I definitely believe he will be interviewed.

Kentucky needs a coach who has been doing this (head coach) for much longer than Jeff Brohm. If Miles is let go at LSU, it would be smart to jump on him quickly. However, I don't believe shelling out 12 mil to fire your coach is wise. Thus I would recommend the Kentucky faithful accept the commitment they gave. There will be good coaches on the market whenever, so don't panic.

Auburn and LSU could have a job opening late this year. I'm not saying Jeff goes to one of those schools this year but I definitely believe he will be interviewed.

I don't see either (especially LSU) going after a coach from a program as small as WKU. No offense to them or Brohm, but LSU is a few steps up the ladder. They go after a proven Power 5 winner. Brohm hasn't done enough yet to merit walking straight into the head job at LSU.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Jeff's going to be hired by Purdue ... but he would use interest by UK as leverage to get a better deal from the Boilermakers.

Like others on here, I don't think that he would accept a UK offer - he's got too much of a strong family connection to UofL. It's not like Rick Pitino, who had no connection to either school before 1989.

Also ... lighten up on KyGradStudent ... he's been a good sport during the times I have gone over to the UK board.

Last edited:
Reactions: KerryRhodes
The Brohm Family is the "First Family of UL Football" ..........Oscar started it and Jeff, Greg and Brian each followed their father's footsteps.

The answer to the OP is NO, but it has less to do with going to a rival of UL, as much as the Brohm Family understanding the chronology of UK Football Coaching; to characterize as the "graveyard" for former Head FB Coaches is not just opinion ...........it is a matter of record.

Fran Curci came the closest to achieving success at UK, but it was not only short-lived; it resulted in consequences that were potentially disastrous to the entire Sports Program.

Jeff is making a name for himself and he knows that he has an opportunity to find a job that is far better suited for a long term career ........UK is the "proverbial fire" that most in this profession recognize as career ending.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Job opportunity's are all about timing it would depend on what other jobs are open and bottom line doesn't matter what we think about Brohm taking the uk job. If thats the only major conference viable option at the time for him , he might not be able to turn it down the man has to to secure his financial life first and foremost. Though i would hope he gets a shot at a better situation than Uk. South Carolina were plain idiots not hiring him.

And look at who SC hired! They hired a loser from the get go. They hired a coordinator not a head coach. The guy hasn't won anywhere he's been. Oh well, Jeff will be pursued by a P5 school that's worth his consideration. Someone mentioned Purdue and that would be a perfect spot for him to build a P5 powerhouse. Going to uahkay would be tantamount to going to Northwestern or Vandy or Kansas - not a good idea.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
Jeff's going to be hired by Purdue ... but he would use interest by UK as leverage to get a better deal from the Boilermakers.

Like others on here, I don't think that he would accept a UK offer - he's got too much of a strong family connection to UofL. It's not like Rick Pitino, who had no connection to either school before 1989.

Also ... lighten up on KyGradStudent ... he's been a good sport during the times I have gone over to the UK board.
I'm a UL fan

I don't see either (especially LSU) going after a coach from a program as small as WKU. No offense to them or Brohm, but LSU is a few steps up the ladder. They go after a proven Power 5 winner. Brohm hasn't done enough yet to merit walking straight into the head job at LSU.

Guz Malzahn coached Arkansas State before being hired by Auburn...so there goes that theory

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT