ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Schertz - has been offered the job ***

Schertz base salary 365k. He'll likely increase that by 10 fold over 4 years here.
That's a life changing number but I know OK St is still trying to land him too.

Rutherford wrote “if Schertz wants the job it’s his”.

I’m not trying to shoot Mike the messenger but how in the world would he NOT want the job?

Nah, I don’t think I want a Top 10 Division 1 job, I’m either staying in Terre Haute or taking the Billikens job in St Louie. 🤔

Be like asking Dan McDonnell if wanted to manage the NY Yankees.

I’m not trying to shoot Mike the messenger but how in the world would he NOT want the job?

Nah, I don’t think I want a Top 10 Division 1 job, I’m either staying in Terre Haute or taking the Billikens job in St Louie. 🤔
Apparently that is indeed the case from what they're saying.

Apparently that is indeed the case from what they're saying.
I’m guessing they mean that it’s been offered to him and they are waiting for him to accept after their run in the NIT.

Sounds like our next coach then if that’s the case.

I’m guessing they mean that it’s been offered to him and they are waiting for him to accept after their run in the NIT.

Sounds like our next coach then if that’s the case.

Yes they're saying that Josh offered the UofL job to Schertz. But also that Schertz might have already signed something with SLU or that he is weighing going to SLU or UofL or returning to ISU.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Yes they're saying that Josh offered the UofL job to Schertz. But also that Schertz might have already signed something with SLU or that he is weighing going to SLU or UofL or returning to ISU.
If all of that is true, then we offered the job to another guy that doesn't want to crawl here, as Heird stipulated as a main criteria.

If all of that is true, then we offered the job to another guy that doesn't want to crawl here, as Heird stipulated as a main criteria.
Unless he already has committed to someone else,in which case that just means he's got character. If he doesn't accept because of that it nullifies the question about wanting this gig.

To add to that, from Mike Rutherford’s CC site: He said if Schertz for whatever reason doesn’t accept the job here, then it’s down to 2 people, Pat Kelsey or Richard Pitino.

Also said that Heird has spoken to agents for Holloway, Abdul-Rahim and Wade but none of those guys are now being considered.

Reactions: shadow force

Be like asking Dan McDonnell if wanted to manage the NY Yankees.

I'll tell you how - Shart or whatever his name is may not be ready for a job like this. It's not a 9-5 and then go hang out with your family job. it's a 24/7/365 job for psychopaths absolutely obsessed with basketball - especially now with year-round recruiting, the portal, and NIL. STL may be a better fit for him just like Xavier was a better fit for Chris Mack (who was a great coach but wasn't built for this job and got burnt out).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT