ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder What This Means?

It means UL waits until end of season because booster is paying the buyout.

I'd fire him tonight but I'm not the booster footing the bill.
That would be great if it happens. It would also explain leaving Payne to finish the season.

Reactions: Deeva
There is zero reason to fire him now. Let him continue to coach or love on the kids. It doesn’t matter.

The kids quit last night. The kids pay zero attention to their game plan. Let another guy torch them and do nothing to stop him.

Be clear this is a group effort in failing.

Reactions: Cap'n Jim and Deeva
This team has enough athleticism to play good defense. Defense is as much about attitude as anything else. Offensively this team is not bad. Defensively they are a train wreck. KP has to go. I watch a lot of University of Houston Basketball. Both of my kids are UH Grads. They are not a very good offensive team. But they smoother the opposition on defense. And that's why they win. The next Coach needs to be someone who has a track record of good defensive teams.

If Payne is gone after this season, it's crucial to get him out early enough so that the next coach isn’t many weeks behind in the portal. Whoever it is, unless he's bringing a recruiting class with him, the portal will most likely be key to early success.

If Payne is gone after this season, it's crucial to get him out early enough so that the next coach isn’t many weeks behind in the portal. Whoever it is, unless he's bringing a recruiting class with him, the portal will most likely be key to early success.
Well if the coach wins a couple NCAA games it will be past the beginning of the portal.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
No the reason you can't fire him now is because every ACC team has a chance to win the automatic bid for the NCAAT. That changes next year but its not a good look for future coaches if you don't give them every possible opportunity. Do I believe we will win even one game in the ACC tournament let alone the whole thing? Hell no but you will give the Eaves and the Bridgeman's another excuse to say you didn't give Payne a chance. By letting the season play out completely eliminates that excuse completely. At least thats my take why we have to let it play out completely.

Rutherford on his Podcast this morning said he heard from someone he trusts that there are Boosters lined up to pay KPs buyout. But one of the stipulations is he can't be fired until after the season ends. If true I would bet one of those Boosters is JB.

Rutherford on his Podcast this morning said he heard from someone he trusts that there are Boosters lined up to pay KPs buyout. But one of the stipulations is he can't be fired until after the season ends. If true I would bet one of those Boosters is JB.
Correct ^^^

If we could convince a New York court Trump groped KP, all three coaches at the top of the list are affordable. Hire one as head coach and the other 2 as “basketball consultants”

Some of us have been talking about boosters and buyouts for months around here.

Reactions: UofLouisville
I'm just going to count us lucky if we get rid of Kenny sometime in the next month. If the timing puts us at a disadvantage for the 2024 season, that will suck, but it's better than the still possible alternative, that he comes back.

Reactions: shadow force
Who believes KP will seek another head coaching job? Will these two seasons at Louisville be it for him?

The cost to let him go drops after end of March..

He’ll be fired before the end of March, that’s pretty much guaranteed. The only way that doesn’t happen is if this team is still playing in April.

The reason he’s not being fired now is because the booster paying the buyout is calling the shots, and he wants Payne to finish out the season.

He’ll be fired before the end of March, that’s pretty much guaranteed. The only way that doesn’t happen is if this team is still playing in April.

The reason he’s not being fired now is because the booster paying the buyout is calling the shots, and he wants Payne to finish out the season.
Don't want to have Payne be embarrassed by being released mid-season when he should have been. Screw how the university and program looks.

I don’t think Saint John is hiring anyone until he survives this March. They get bounced early it may be over. The media is finally turning on him. Once that happens the end is near. He loses all his cover. It is becoming toxic. I wouldn’t be surprise to see him all sudden end up somewhere else like a Michigan type of program.

I don’t think Saint John is hiring anyone until he survives this March. They get bounced early it may be over. The media is finally turning on him. Once that happens the end is near. He loses all his cover. It is becoming toxic. I wouldn’t be surprise to see him all sudden end up somewhere else like a Michigan type of program.
Who is St, John?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT