ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder if Texas fans are still happy to get rid of coach Strong?

Texas will be Texas again. Can't turn it around it 1 game. I think Herman is the real deal. Granted, Oliver was a big piece of his success at Houston, but he still proved himself.

Texas will be Texas again. Can't turn it around it 1 game. I think Herman is the real deal. Granted, Oliver was a big piece of his success at Houston, but he still proved himself.
I get that, but I have good friends who are UT fans. They were expecting more than this in the first game. They were favored to beat Maryland who wasn't ranked. Texas was (key word is WAS) ranked 23rd, and Texas was at home. THIS is a bad loss. No way to sugarcoat it.

What the so called "experts" got wrong was that somehow Charlie underachieved with the talent he had, especially last year. The fact of the matter is that aside from a few players, Texas is still woefully short on big time college football talent and have been since Mack Brown's final years.

If there was a reason to send Charlie packing it was lack of talent he amassed in 3 years, no matter what the number of stars next to the names said. If you watched them play today, it was obvious.

If Charlie flops this year with Quentin Flowers and a talented USF team, then the media can rip him for underachieving and they'd be right.

What the so called "experts" got wrong was that somehow Charlie underachieved with the talent he had, especially last year. The fact of the matter is that aside from a few players, Texas is still woefully short on big time college football talent and have been since Mack Brown's final years.

If there was a reason to send Charlie packing it was lack of talent he amassed in 3 years, no matter what the number of stars next to the names said. If you watched them play today, it was obvious.
I agree. The only reason they were preseason ranked as high as they were was on name only. I still believe they should have given CCS more time but they're just not going to wait to win in Austin. Herman will get 3 years max to win 10 games or more each year.

51 points at home to Maryland? Mary land....let that sink in. UT fans will be second guessing this all week long......would not say that I blame them either.

Hook um Horns. Done in by a bunch of turtles!!!!:rolleyes:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O LoL

Reactions: American Male
LOL@ Texas. They would be winning games by now if they had left Charlie alone and be himself. Now, they’re 4 years after Mack and getting 51 points hung on them by Maryland of all teams. LOL. They deserve this after the way they treated Charlie. I hope Texas faces Charlie’s USF Bulls in some random bowl game. I’d love to see the USF Bulls Charlieball the hell out of them in a curb stomp and Charlie can tap Herman’s wife at midfield after the game is over.

I need to pull my foot out of my mouth cause I thought Texas was going to be instantly great this year. Guess I was wrong

Reactions: American Male
That's a bad loss any way you slice it. Losing to Maryland at home in an opener is an embarrassment. But getting back to the OP's question, yes, I think they're still happy to get rid of Strong.

I agree with you guys. No matter how you slice it Maryland is considered the bottom feeder of the Big 10 and for them to come into their house and hang 51 should be viewed as an embarrassment. Plus you know some fans they are delusional, they thought they were guaranteed 10 wins just off of Herman's name alone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT