ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder how HVL likes being on the bench at crunch time?…

the artist FKA zipp

4500+
Gold Member
May 29, 2022
Watching the end of the LSU-Auburn game with 2 minutes to go. Game’s on the line. She went to the bench at the 4-minute mark after committing a foul.

Be careful what you wish for…

Watching the end of the LSU-Auburn game with 2 minutes to go. Game’s on the line. She went to the bench at the 4-minute mark after committing a foul.

Be careful what you wish for…
My guess is something like El and Withers feel like when they are on the bench nearly the entire game.

Hopefully they save the $ on the cash-in.

Her 1-9 shooting performance tells only part of the story; HVL spent most of her time at point guard dribbling around looking for her own shot, rather than finding Reese or Morrow.

Her assist to turnover ratio (4.6 to 3.1) is faintly reminiscent of El Ellis’ numbers last year for the UofL men. Makes me wonder whether there is a “PG in training” experiment going on with her down there in Baton Rouge. At her height it’s obvious to me that her pro future (if she has one) is as a point guard.

At 16-2, the LSU experiment is working a little better than the experiment for the 2022-23 UofL Men’s team!

Any comparison between LSU WBB and UL MBB is mis-placed. The LSU roster talent is arguably the very best in WBB, and Mulkey is at least one of the best and most experienced head coaches in that sport.

Conversely, El Ellis was surrounded by very limited talent, and led by quite likely the least experienced HC in all of Men’s college basketball.

Mulkey has little interest in preparing HVL for a professional career, rather she is trying to find the best combination possible as she expects to challenge for another NC. HVL’s assist to turnover ratio is only part of her problem, as her 42% shooting percentage is 9th best on this deep roster.

I am not sure there is a available statistic on HVL‘s contribution to the team while she is on the floor, but judging for the brief period that I witnessed yesterday, LSU is more productive when HVL is not on the floor.

Her assist to turnover ratio (4.6 to 3.1) is faintly reminiscent of El Ellis’ numbers last year for the UofL men. Makes me wonder whether there is a “PG in training” experiment going on with her down there in Baton Rouge. At her height it’s obvious to me that her pro future (if she has one) is as a point guard.

At 16-2, the LSU experiment is working a little better than the experiment for the 2022-23 UofL Men’s team!
Well….LSU WBB has a coach….so, there’s that

Highly doubt there was anything preventing an “experiment” at PG here. In her mind and her father’s, she outgrew Louisville…

She is super competitive so going to LSU could have been as simple as winning a title plus NIL.

This is where player and parents are just clueless——she isn’t a PG at this level. She isn’t quick enough. She isn’t a natural passer. Fans never criticized Jeff W for not playing her at the point, we all saw it. She is a SG that needs shots.

Ellis and Withers shouldn’t have left. They fit KP system. I don’t blame them for leaving however their offensive production last year was much better than where they are now. If they stayed it was 2 more voices that could have helped this year. Guess what Ellis isn’t a point guard and Jalen isn’t a 4 skill wise. Ellis would of been fine here as a combo and Jalen could play the 5 and 4.

Statistically she is ranked as the 9th best player on the LSU team. Her scoring average per game is 9 points less per game than what it was at Louisville. I agree that she is better as a shooting guard than a point guard. I think she has hurt herself more than helping herself by
Making this move.

Reactions: rh62531
Statistically she is ranked as the 9th best player on the LSU team. Her scoring average per game is 9 points less per game than what it was at Louisville. I agree that she is better as a shooting guard than a point guard. I think she has hurt herself more than helping herself by
Making this move.
She can thank her helicopter daddy. Sad when someone with little vision and unattainable expectations ruins their kid.

She can thank her helicopter daddy. Sad when someone with little vision and unattainable expectations ruins their kid.
Saw Dad hanging around after a game several years ago and went over hand jobbed him for a little bit. I liked him he seemed like a hail fellow well met

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT