ADVERTISEMENT

WLKY...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
never watch it. But tonight, hell yeah!!! Rick Van Hoose is melting down. Fred & Vicki melting down, that Channel is pathetic! Vicki, all dressed in blue - total Joke. I watch them once a year, after Man Tits pisses away the season. Cowgill saying refs coulda called 50 fouls on K-State, SMH!!!

never watch it. But tonight, hell yeah!!! Rick Van Hoose is melting down. Fred & Vicki melting down, that Channel is pathetic! Vicki, all dressed in blue - total Joke. I watch them once a year, after Man Tits pisses away the season. Cowgill saying refs coulda called 50 fouls on K-State, SMH!!!

I refused to watch the game I didn’t want to jinx their losing. But I bet they could have called all kinds of fouls on SuCk but of course the WLKY blue pukes didn’t see it that way.

He just said that after last weekend that kitties "were favored to win the national championship"! You can't make this stuff up!!!
Yeah, I heard that, and all I could do is shake my head. Wonder how long into the night they are gonna keep going with this tear fest? You know, there IS other news in the city tonight.

Yeah, I heard that, and all I could do is shake my head. Wonder how long into the night they are gonna keep going with this tear fest? You know, there IS other news in the city tonight.
After tonight won't watch them again till next year's choke job!

Reactions: LuvCards
I refused to watch the game I didn’t want to jinx their losing. But I bet they could have called all kinds of fouls on SuCk but of course the WLKY blue pukes didn’t see it that way.
K-State had 31 FOULS called on them, Washington alone shot 20 free-throws! Yet Cowgill said they should have called 50 fouls on K-State. He actually said that! Wow!

No team in the tournament thus far had been called with more fouls than K-State in this game. They had three players on the bench with 5, two more with 4, and one of their best players injured the entire second half. Their tallest player on the court for the final 2 minutes was 6’4.

There are no excuses. No way to spin it. Cal is a mediocre coach and talent does not win championships - TEAMS do!

Last edited:
No team had been called with more fouls than K-State in this game. They had three players on the bench with 5, two more with 4, and one of their best players injured the entire second half. Their tallest player on the court for the final 2 minutes was 6’4.

There are no excuses. No way to spin it. Cal is a mediocre coach and talent does not win championships - TEAMS do!
Good analysis. Good points!

Reactions: Cue Card and gocds
No team in the tournament thus far had been called with more fouls than K-State in this game. They had three players on the bench with 5, two more with 4, and one of their best players injured the entire second half. Their tallest player on the court for the final 2 minutes was 6’4.

Tonight was another prime example of Cal's late game choke artist ability. It will be even greater if Duke wins it all. However, I think Villanova is the best team in the country.

Reactions: Cue Card
The more they called the more what's his face missed. Wonder if he can spell C-H-O-K-E?

I was so hoping a KSU guy would give the "scowling face" after one of his misses.

I'll probably say this in every thread... UK lost the game in the first five minutes - they weren't ready to play, spotted K St a 13-1 lead and never truly had control. It's Calipari's fault, a major mistake to allow a lead like that balloon his ego wouldn't allow him to call the immediate time-out any coach with a grain of salt would have called. Only after the lead swelled to 12 pts did he do what should have been done when it was 6 pts. By spotting K St the 12 pts he all but assured them to be very much in the game at the half.

As for the local media - they are a complete embarrassment.

I'll probably say this in every thread... UK lost the game in the first five minutes - they weren't ready to play, spotted K St a 13-1 lead and never truly had control. It's Calipari's fault, a major mistake to allow a lead like that balloon his ego wouldn't allow him to call the immediate time-out any coach with a grain of salt would have called. Only after the lead swelled to 12 pts did he do what should have been done when it was 6 pts. By spotting K St the 12 pts he all but assured them to be very much in the game at the half.

As for the local media - they are a complete embarrassment.
The kids drank the poison. Cal went back for seconds.

I will get on WLKY's website after work and see some of the Blue-foonery of the staff.

Reactions: nccardfan
I seriously believe that if UK had played Virginia or another big name team, they would have won. They played to the level of their opponent this year and it cost them.

Reactions: vivid_red
Watched the first half and had to turn it off..might have been the crappiest two teams I've ever watched in the sweet 16
I didn't even make it to half time. I thought the same thing. The game before it was entertaining and fun to watch. Watching the UofK-KSU game was like watching paint dry. I couldn't watch it.

Reactions: Chapman123
Fred will be on Terry Miners show, Valvano show, etc this week, and in his whinny little voice say that he is always so neutral. Has any of us ever seen this clown so distraught over a Louisville loss? an Indiana loss? a Western Ky loss??

That was the poorest display of "journalism" by any local sports anchor since Bob Dominie, and I give Bob credit because he was boozed up most of the time...

Reactions: Cue Card
Fred will be on Terry Miners show, Valvano show, etc this week, and in his whinny little voice say that he is always so neutral. Has any of us ever seen this clown so distraught over a Louisville loss? an Indiana loss? a Western Ky loss??

That was the poorest display of "journalism" by any local sports anchor since Bob Dominie, and I give Bob credit because he was boozed up most of the time...
Funny. Freddie the clown.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
I didn't even make it to half time. I thought the same thing. The game before it was entertaining and fun to watch. Watching the UofK-KSU game was like watching paint dry. I couldn't watch it.
I watched up until the 1st TO, switched over to FSU, fell asleep in the chair and woke up for the last minute.

What were the WLKY clowns doing ? Do they know how much they exposed themselves last night. ?

I seriously believe that if UK had played Virginia or another big name team, they would have won. They played to the level of their opponent this year and it cost them.
Totally agree with that. This is also what happens when you depend completely on freshmen in the NCAA tournament, very few can handle he pressure. I don't know any uk players so I can't say who it was. In the first half after one of their punks got pulled from the game ,Payne signaled him over, the kid walked right past him. (Head coaching material my ass.) no respect for authority, no discipline, no championship. Talent alone won't cut it, calipari's record, along with being a crappy coach, is proof of that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT