ADVERTISEMENT

Willis Video?

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
Is there now video evidence showing Willis driving, pulling over, and falling out of his car prior to being charged with public intoxication?

Is there now video evidence showing Willis driving, pulling over, and falling out of his car prior to being charged with public intoxication?

There IS video, but none showing him driving or pulling over that I am aware of. The video has been linked (by a UNC fan) in the other Willis thread.

Have since had a chance to look it up, have seen none of him driving, etc. either.

The video is from the dashcam of a cop car. The cop is pulling up to scene after the fact. Willis is already passed on on the pavement...the driver side car door is wide open and it appears that Willis merely opened the door and fell out on the ground. Anyone with any logic would believe Willis was driving.

Yet he was only charged with a P.I.

81df12c63cb45f070471ae6e156aa83737141e75c8ee77bf938057e312b53495.jpg

Reactions: Deeva
The video is from the dashcam of a cop car. The cop is pulling up to scene after the fact. Willis is already passed on on the pavement...the driver side car door is wide open and it appears that Willis merely opened the door and fell out on the ground. Anyone with any logic would believe Willis was driving.

Yet he was only charged with a P.I.

Nothing suspicious about it. If the police did not see him driving or attempting to drive, there is no DUI.

I'm not saying he DIDN'T drive, or that he didn't do something incredibly stupid... just from a charge perspective, PI would be the proper charge. Happens all the time, no grand conspiracy required.

Nothing suspicious about it. If the police did not see him driving or attempting to drive, there is no DUI.

I'm not saying he DIDN'T drive, or that he didn't do something incredibly stupid... just from a charge perspective, PI would be the proper charge. Happens all the time, no grand conspiracy required.
That's the way I understand it too. Although we can make the solid educated guess he was driving, he was not when the police found him. We have this thing in this country called innocent until proven guilty. Can't prove he was driving if he wasn't when he was found passed out.

That's the way I understand it too. Although we can make the solid educated guess he was driving, he was not when the police found him. We have this thing in this country called innocent until proven guilty. Can't prove he was driving if he wasn't when he was found passed out.

I had trouble viewing the video, my player kept crashing (no pun intended)... but it looked like he was completely out of the vehicle. Probably the only thing that saved him from a DUI.

Had he been unlocking the door with keys in hand or sitting in the driver seat, that would have qualified for DUI. But *next* to the vehicle does not count. Yes, it certainly looks like he was driving drunk, but all circumstantial and does not hold up legally. So it looks like he dodged two bullets there (no one got hurt and he did not get tagged for DUI)

Stupid, careless actions. Even if no legal ramifications, I hope his parents and coach rip into him and shape him up.

I had trouble viewing the video, my player kept crashing (no pun intended)... but it looked like he was completely out of the vehicle. Probably the only thing that saved him from a DUI.

Had he been unlocking the door with keys in hand or sitting in the driver seat, that would have qualified for DUI. But *next* to the vehicle does not count. Yes, it certainly looks like he was driving drunk, but all circumstantial and does not hold up legally. So it looks like he dodged two bullets there (no one got hurt and he did not get tagged for DUI)

Stupid, careless actions. Even if no legal ramifications, I hope his parents and coach rip into him and shape him up.

It was my understanding and I have asked a cop this after leaving a bar. It only qualifies as a DUI if he puts the keys in the ignition, not just opening the door or sitting in the drivers seat. I asked a cop specifically when leaving a bar, if I would get a DUI for just going to get something out my car. His response was the keys have to be in the ignition.

I am an attorney and you have no idea what you're talking about. Circumstantial evidence absolutely can "hold up legally." (e.g. The location of the vehicle and how it got there are very important) He could have very easily (and should have) been at least charged with DUI

Last edited:
I am an attorney and you have no idea what you're talking about. Circumstantial evidence absolutely can "hold up legally." (e.g. The location of the vehicle and how it got there are very important) He could have very easily (and should have) been at least charged with DUI

I know circumstantial evidence can hold up. My point is for THIS case, being next to the car, would not. So the PI makes sense. That's all I'm saying.

And you'd again be WRONG! It certainly could hold up. Might not but could.

Similar thing happened to me on NYE many years ago. Got way too lit up at a bar, drove my car from said bar to an empty parking lot to sleep it off. It was cold, so I left the car running, but at some point the engine stalled and I woke up freezing cold about 2 hours later with a dead battery. Was getting out of the car as a cop pulled up. Got a a PI, cop told me I was lucky he didn't see me operating the car.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
I enjoy the irony of a kid laying in the street completely $hit-faced playing for a coach who that very week was recorded saying a coach absolutely knows what goes on once a kid is on campus.

Can't make this ish up.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Calipari doesn't say things for right or wrong review. He says things to gain recruiting edges and he says things because he likes himself and he knows how to pull strings to maintain support from his fans.

Calipari doesn't say things for right or wrong review. He says things to gain recruiting edges and he says things because he likes himself and he knows how to pull strings to maintain support from his fans.
Or he's just a narcissist with a personal agenda against a coach he's always tried to be like. If Pitino does it, then Calipari has to do it to. It's been the theme of his career. Pitino left college for the pros. So does Calipari. Pitino gets fired and goes back to college. So does Calipari. Pitino has won a national championship at 2 different schools. I wonder where Calipari will coach next so he can do it to? The only variable appears to be time.

Or he's just a narcissist with a personal agenda against a coach he's always tried to be like. If Pitino does it, then Calipari has to do it to. It's been the theme of his career. Pitino left college for the pros. So does Calipari. Pitino gets fired and goes back to college. So does Calipari. Pitino has won a national championship at 2 different schools. I wonder where Calipari will coach next so he can do it to? The only variable appears to be time.
No, I actually believe that calimari thinks he can surpass Adolph with the number of championships or at least be the guy in charge if they pass UCLA in the number of banners with this OAD philosophy.

I think what happened was that some Louisville fan - maybe Bobby Petrino - was actually driving the car after hanging out too late at a pub and sucking down free beer all night with his buddy Derek. Well, Bobby has lots to lose if he gets a DUI and he knew he was entering a stretch of road where the cops are thick. Derek had already passed out, so the rest was easy. Bobby called Pitino to come get him and they yarded poor passed out Derek over by the door and left it open with the car thing pinging and the lights on. They were laughing and carrying on so hard that they dropped him on his head a couple of times on accident. Luckily, Rick had only been shooting up marijuana that night so he was able to answer the phone which he couldn't do for me the other night because of the Oxy. So once again, the dirty birds have forced a good man to face problems in court.

I think what happened was that some Louisville fan - maybe Bobby Petrino - was actually driving the car after hanging out too late at a pub and sucking down free beer all night with his buddy Derek. Well, Bobby has lots to lose if he gets a DUI and he knew he was entering a stretch of road where the cops are thick. Derek had already passed out, so the rest was easy. Bobby called Pitino to come get him and they yarded poor passed out Derek over by the door and left it open with the car thing pinging and the lights on. They were laughing and carrying on so hard that they dropped him on his head a couple of times on accident. Luckily, Rick had only been shooting up marijuana that night so he was able to answer the phone which he couldn't do for me the other night because of the Oxy. So once again, the dirty birds have forced a good man to face problems in court.

Well when you put it that way, it's easy to see how Willis was simply a victim.The grownups screwed him over to protect themselves. They should be ashamed of themselves!! :p

Reactions: Senore2006 and zipp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT