ADVERTISEMENT

Will we see a bit more of Lamar Jackson Saturday?

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
I'm thinking he gets a few more snaps, especially if the game turns into a defensive struggle.

Hoping he's able to make an impact, he can take a 3 yard run and turn it into 50 yards. I know the down side too, but the upside is so good hoping he gets a chance to show what he can do and is locked in.

We have been moving the ball well with Bolin but this will be a much tougher test than the last two games. If we cant move the ball then I could see LJ or RB coming in for a series or two.

Jackson is pure athlete so coach has to figure out how to get him on the field. He is a big play waiting to happen. Reggie is the most versatile player on the team since he can throw, carry, and catch the ball. I would love to see all 3 on the field at the same time for 1 or 2 plays. The defense wouldn't know what to expect.

Cue......not only wouldn't know what to expect.....but likely would not be able to defend very well.

Weapons of that nature deserve to be used in tandem more than once or twice a game don't ya think? Now if only CRP gets the word........hmmmmm!

JMO. Here's the dilemma. I don't think we will see RB under center but we may see him throw an option pass like he did against Cuse. My understanding is that RB is transitioning to RB or receiver at least for the remainder of this season. Of course Pitt now knows we have that threat. Pitt is better at stopping the run. If LJ is in the game, what would you expect him to do? I think we will see LJ if Radcliff struggles in the run game and our OL struggles to block.

Reactions: 65bird
I'm thinking he gets a few more snaps, especially if the game turns into a defensive struggle.

Hoping he's able to make an impact, he can take a 3 yard run and turn it into 50 yards. I know the down side too, but the upside is so good hoping he gets a chance to show what he can do and is locked in.
I hope he is fully capable of playing. He looked a little gimpy at the end of his long run last week.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Cue......not only wouldn't know what to expect.....but likely would not be able to defend very well.

Weapons of that nature deserve to be used in tandem more than once or twice a game don't ya think? Now if only CRP gets the word........hmmmmm!
I would love to see at least 5 special plays put in just for those 3 in certain situations. I wouldn't play all 3 at the same time all the time due to possible injuries. Bolin has ceased control of the QB spot, but if he gets hurt (and that is possible since he stands in there too long sometimes), then we'll need Lamar or Reggie to come in and take his place. We can't afford to lose any of the 3 IMO.

Reactions: Mayoman
We are starting to present big problems for D's and the Bonnafon TD pass did it.

When KB/RB, or LJ/RB, or even KB/LJ are in together the D has to play totally honest., and that create room. I'm liking what our O is doing.

Pitt tries to get the ball to the one kid (can't think of his name) as many ways as they can, but we have more offensive weapons, and can create more problems IMO.

Reactions: Cue Card
I hope he is fully capable of playing. He looked a little gimpy at the end of his long run last week.
That's the big question. If Lamar is healthy and you don't get him in the game in certain situations then you are missing big opportunities in a big game.

BP has said there will be packages for Lamar on Saturday as I'm sure there always are if he is healthy.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
We will see him in 3rd and short(3 or less yards) situations. If we see him more than that it will mean things are not going well.

. Bolin has ceased control of the QB spot,.
As much as grammar nazis bug me, I feel the need to point this one out because it confused me when I read it.

I think you meant "seized control."
"Ceased" means to have stopped or quit. I thought at first you were saying he gave it up, which left me wondering what happened this week following the Virginia game. It took me a minute to realize what you meant.

More packages for Lamar sounds great, however if he's number two, you're risking injury.

Knock on wood, if Kyle and Lamar get hurt, do they use Reggie or even Will.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
We won't beat a good defense with just Bolin or Jackson at this point. I would make sure each guy gets on the field for more than just a few snaps. And if either is hot, you ride the hot hand.

Obviously, Bonnafon should be in the game with either guy.

One thing Petrino is doing that I don't like is telegraphing which QB will start. Fine for the coaches and players to know, but not for anyone else. There's no reason to declare that--unless you do the opposite!!...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT