ADVERTISEMENT

Why Jaire Why ???

Why you say? I am an All American trying to make a big play in a big game that is close game!! That is what an AA does!! Of course you don't now that because you are not ab AA!!! Trying to make a play to win for his team !!

Reactions: gocds
Just another example of how dumb and undisciplined this team continues to be. 16 penalties, turn overs, stupid mistakes. I'm not asking for perfection, but this is some asinine crap going on. Petrino isn't the same.

Gentlemen THAT was a live ball. We had touched the ball prior to it's reaching the LOS and he had to either recover it OR return it. Pretty simple. He's football player and you ALWAYS attempt to make plays to help your team win games.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Cue Card
Gentlemen THAT was a live ball. We had touched the ball prior to it's reaching the LOS and he had to either recover it OR return it. Pretty simple. He's football player and you ALWAYS attempt to make plays to help your team win games.

I don't think so. Here is the rule... Occasionally, the defense will succeed in blocking a field goal. If a blocked field goal is in or behind the neutral zone, it is treated like a fumble and can be advanced by either team. Beyond the neutral zone, a blocked kick is treated like a punt and can be advanced only by the defense, unless a defensive player fumbles the ball, after which an offensive player can advance it.

Reactions: nccardfan
I don't think so. Here is the rule... Occasionally, the defense will succeed in blocking a field goal. If a blocked field goal is in or behind the neutral zone, it is treated like a fumble and can be advanced by either team. Beyond the neutral zone, a blocked kick is treated like a punt and can be advanced only by the defense, unless a defensive player fumbles the ball, after which an offensive player can advance it.

You may just be correct, but I still want my player to do his best to help his team and you don't do that by falling on a ball while the nearest opposing player is 10 yards away.

It wasn't a smart play and cost UofL 20 yards of field position.
Alexander may have not know the rule regarding the field position - I'll bet most on this board didn't either. It was a live ball able to be advanced and he made an aggressive play. Besides LJ, he's the most elusive open field guy UofL has - had he taken it back 60 yards, or even scored - which he's more than capable of doing - everyone would have talked about what a fantastic play it was.

Alexander may have not know the rule regarding the field position - I'll bet most on this board didn't either. It was a live ball able to be advanced and he made an aggressive play. Besides LJ, he's the most elusive open field guy UofL has - had he taken it back 60 yards, or even scored - which he's more than capable of doing - everyone would have talked about what a fantastic play it was.

He should know the rule and it wasn't the right move. I'm not gonna crush the guy for it but it wasn't a smart play.

Reactions: teamcanada
Many may remember this happened in the Alabama Auburn game the year Auburn won the NC. Last play of the game Alabama was going for a field goal Auburn blocked it and ran it back for a score giving Auburn the TD the lead and the win.

Many may remember this happened in the Alabama Auburn game the year Auburn won the NC. Last play of the game Alabama was going for a field goal Auburn blocked it and ran it back for a score giving Auburn the TD the lead and the win.

That was a different scenario though because there was no time left on the clock so there was incentive to running the ball back

Purdue fan and UGA grad. Can add some thoughts here.

It was 9 false starts. Pretty bad. That's terrible. You guys were definitely the more talented team but you kept us in it with silly plays and penalties. Jackson is a force. We'd have had 4-5 sacks last night facing any other QB. Refs interjected themselves too much last night IMO. They blew the targeting call big time. Blew the 3rd goal line fumble call too.

I don't think you guys compete for the ACC, but win 9 games and unless somebody on a better team has a crazy year, Jackson could easily cruise to the heisman again.

As a UGA grad I can attest, Grantham is a giant piece of human excrement. Locker room and staff room cancer. Good recruiter but both of UGAs last 2 DCs since him have been better both at scheming and recruiting. Nobody at UGA misses him. I doubt long term that you will miss him either.

They didn't blow the targeting call, the NCAA blew it by making officials enforce a stupid, draconian penalty. According to the letter of the law, the officials called that correctly.

As for the disputed fumble, I just don't see how there was enough evidence to overturn.

They didn't blow the targeting call, the NCAA blew it by making officials enforce a stupid, draconian penalty. According to the letter of the law, the officials called that correctly.

As for the disputed fumble, I just don't see how there was enough evidence to overturn.
Calling it right the first time is generally the fix in the case of the fumble.

I don't think the rule is draconian...but when the helmet contact is incidental and not a part of the "hit", it shouldn't be called.

Calling it right the first time is generally the fix in the case of the fumble.

I don't think the rule is draconian...but when the helmet contact is incidental and not a part of the "hit", it shouldn't be called.

The crown of his helmet hit Jackson above his shoulders. By virtue of that, it needs to be called according to the rule. There is no provision for "incidental" contact that I'm aware of.

Knucklehank1 is right. The call per the rule was the correct call. The issue is it's a bad rule with no wiggle room because judging intent is not part of the rule. I don't believe the Purdue player was trying to intentionally target, but the top of his helmet made contact above the shoulder pads of the offensive player so by definition of the rule, the replay ref had to call it.

Our visitor is right about the stupid unforced errors which allowed the game to be much closer than it should have been. Purdue is in good hands with coach Brohm, but it will take him a few years to put it all together.

Purdue fan and UGA grad. Can add some thoughts here.

It was 9 false starts. Pretty bad. That's terrible. You guys were definitely the more talented team but you kept us in it with silly plays and penalties. Jackson is a force. We'd have had 4-5 sacks last night facing any other QB. Refs interjected themselves too much last night IMO. They blew the targeting call big time. Blew the 3rd goal line fumble call too.

I don't think you guys compete for the ACC, but win 9 games and unless somebody on a better team has a crazy year, Jackson could easily cruise to the heisman again.

As a UGA grad I can attest, Grantham is a giant piece of human excrement. Locker room and staff room cancer. Good recruiter but both of UGAs last 2 DCs since him have been better both at scheming and recruiting. Nobody at UGA misses him. I doubt long term that you will miss him either.

Anyone who has to point out plays in a game that they think officials cost them is usually grasping. There are always plays or calls on both sides that usually even out throughout the game. You say refs interjected themselves but only point out the ones that you think should favor your team. For example... offensive pass interference on Purdue that was called defensive pass interference on Louisville that set up a Purdue score. Don't be bitter and blame refs. Take the loss that I was prepared to take last night after watching that so called football performance by UL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT