ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you want to play in the Orange Bowl?

Choices are Bama, Ole Piss or Penn State?
The projections I just saw was the same as last week and it’s OSU. They are projecting OSU will lose to Michigan and even if we lose to Miami and FSU in ACC Championship will still make the Orange Bowl. I’m good with that. If you want to be a big boy you’ve got to play the big boys

We owe all three a beating. Last meeting for each:

2018: Bama won 51-14
2021: Ole Miss won 43-24
1997: Penn State won 57-21

Cards can beat Penn State. They'd give Ole Miss a game. Not beating Bama.

On a credibility level tough to clear the Ohio State and Bama bar; on a sheer competitiveness level Penn State would be the most competitive matchup for us in fact I'd proffer we're not a good matchup for them given our run defense and their virtual ineptitude getting the ball downfield through the air.

With Ohio State you'd have a virtual certainty of opt outs, not the least of which would be Harrison. With Bama we haven't faced an all-purpose QB like Milroe and he is really coming into form very impressively. With Ole Miss we struggled briefly with tempo offenses Ga Tech and at stints against UVa but honestly haven't watched much of them save a brief stretch against LSU which was kind of an Arena League game. But hey, that's what bowls are about but I should add...we had similar discussions back in 2016 and crapped down our leg unceremoniously against Houston. I almost feel guilty entertaining the thoughts.

Reactions: Guardman
There are other higher ranked teams that must survive these last 2 weeks.

Call me crazy, but GT plays UGA on Thanksgiving weekend, and last year the YellowJackets played the Bulldogs as tough as anyone. I know it sounds impossible, but stranger things have happened.

Reactions: Mayoman
The projections I just saw was the same as last week and it’s OSU. They are projecting OSU will lose to Michigan and even if we lose to Miami and FSU in ACC Championship will still make the Orange Bowl. I’m good with that. If you want to be a big boy you’ve got to play the big boys
I think we could beat the butt eyes.

We are 10 in the latest CFP ranking. 8-2 Missouri is at 9.
I really can't argue with that...no shame in losing to UGa the way they did and they put up one of the best performances of the weekend against Tennessee who is a good football team. We struggled against a 2-8 team at home and that's just the reality of it.

But we have opportunity before us that Mizzou doesn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT