ADVERTISEMENT

Which football package and why?

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
If you will soon be selecting a ticket package for the oncoming season,
Which package will you likely be selecting and why?

Package A includes 3 games – vs. Western Kentucky, Florida State, and Syracuse

Package B includes 3 games – vs. Miami, Virginia Tech, and Wake Forest

Right now, I’m thinking Package A. WKU; Get in that first game of the year (not so confident we will get to play the entire season). FSU is always an exciting game. Syracuse is on a Friday, and presumably a night game. Love night games.

I was thinking B. But then l looked at the date of WF. Dec 5th could be 60s or 20s. Good point on those night games. Love them!
There was a Twitter Poll on this. Package B was leading 68% to 32% at the time.

I’m picking tomorrow morning and B it is. I’m ready for some FB after watching Legend games of LJ.

Reactions: Steelers2012
i’m picking today at one pm. I’ll choose package 2. My grandson is an alum of Miami so he wants that game. Otherwise I’ll defer to next year and roll the money over. I still am very hopeful that the majority of these games will be on TV. I am also going to the WKU game with a friend on her tickets which are up in the Brown Williamson Room area.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

I selected this morning and here's a FYI.....all email and communication tells you to select 2020 Seat Selection and this page repeatedly came up empty. Well that didn't work for me. Finally I clicked on 2020 Ticket Packages and went through the system with no issues.

We ended up with seats one section over and just a few rows higher with Pkg B.

We had a 9:30 a.m. selection time. We had our season tickets cut from 8 to 4. Paulie did the selection process and got us in our same section and actually three rows lower than where we have sat since the stadium opened. We chose Pkg. A (WKU, FSU, Syr) because I went to WKU, Paulie absolutely hates FSU and Syracuse just happened to be the third game in the package.
He said it was simple and had no problems.

--sonja--

Am I the only one upset we only can get a three game package? Have five seats, had to give up one seat, some people have 10 only get four seats. With so many seats be cut out I would think we should get all six games. I'm so disappointed with just three games, and also my group of ticket holders we are going to ask for a refund. Before my fandom gets questioned I've missed two home games since 1993 (season ticket holder since then). I've been there 1-10 and 10-2. I feel like the most loyal fans, low dollar donors, are getting the least return.

Am I the only one upset we only can get a three game package? Have five seats, had to give up one seat, some people have 10 only get four seats. With so many seats be cut out I would think we should get all six games. I'm so disappointed with just three games, and also my group of ticket holders we are going to ask for a refund. Before my fandom gets questioned I've missed two home games since 1993 (season ticket holder since then). I've been there 1-10 and 10-2. I feel like the most loyal fans, low dollar donors, are getting the least return.

Ordinarily, I would agree ... but this is pretty basic math ... 36,000 ticket holders and only 18,000 seats per game means that each person gets 3 of the 6 games. If you want 4 games, that means someone else just gets 2. Which UofL fan do you plan to take your extra ticket from?

Reactions: GoldCard
Well they could have done what ND has announced. Students, Faculty/Staff and families of players. They are trying to contain exposure in the ND community. I get that in these smaller college towns.

There wasn’t a way to please all season ticket holders. I’m just glad I can go to 3 games and be able to watch UofL football. Go Cards!

Reactions: GoldCard
Ordinarily, I would agree ... but this is pretty basic math ... 36,000 ticket holders and only 18,000 seats per game means that each person gets 3 of the 6 games. If you want 4 games, that means someone else just gets 2. Which UofL fan do you plan to take your extra ticket from?
If it was distributed equally, I would agree. That is not the case a coworker is getting all six games because he has lifetime seats. If all 36000 were to only get three games I would have no complaint. Coming to every game should have some sway as much as $$$.

Yes, there are a rare few who get all 6 games. I cannot begrudge them that. Without theIr financial support back in the mid-1990’s there would be no new Cardinal Stadium built in 1998, which allowed us to join the Big East and eventually the ACC.

Perhaps that coworker will let you have some of his tickets when he can’t use them.

Let’s just hope this is a one-year aberration and next year we can get back to a world where 60,000 UofL tickets are available for every game, and season ticket holders get a full season’s worth of tickets.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any insight into when they will make the Flight Deck seats available for selection? I can select now, but none of the Flight Deck seats are showing as available. I’ve sent an email to the ticket office, but haven’t received a response yet. TIA.

Edit: Just got a reply; the Flight Deck will not be open for seating this year.

Does anyone have any insight into when they will make the Flight Deck seats available for selection? I can select now, but none of the Flight Deck seats are showing as available. I’ve sent an email to the ticket office, but haven’t received a response yet. TIA.

Edit: Just got a reply; the Flight Deck will not be open for seating this year.
My tickets are in the flight deck but they just sent an email saying I select at 3 tomorrow.

I have the same issue. MyCardaccount doesn't even show I purchased the seats. I emailed them a copy of the credit card transaction but haven't heard anything back. Just saw your edit but I'm not showing where I have a credit for next year or have not received a refund

I ordered my pkg yesterday. Today I checked to see my account info, and I too can’t bring up any info. I would think the site is limited giving additional info. I have to believe everything is ok from my end.

??? I just received an e-mail telling me I can now purchase the B package; after already purchasing the A package.

Same here. But I had already decided I now wasn't interested in A pkg and would allow someone else to get a pkg if interested.

Reactions: Steelers2012
Anyone else decide to sit this season out? I mean, packages reduced to three games, they reduced our number of seats, the ticket office seemed to be playing games a little bit, though, I know the difficult position they are in. Combine all that with a still very active virus, the call was made to put the already paid for season tickets towards the 2021 season. It sucks, but so does 2020. I’ll be cheering from the living room this year. Go Cards! Here’s to a great season.

If it was distributed equally, I would agree. That is not the case a coworker is getting all six games because he has lifetime seats. If all 36000 were to only get three games I would have no complaint. Coming to every game should have some sway as much as $$$.

My parents sit in the black seats on the B&W side. I don't know if those are considered lifetime seats, but I know it cost them a whole heck of a lot of money when they first bought them. UofL didn't offer them any favors when it came to the number of games they can attend.

I don't believe Andy and his family were at the Derby. They did a pre-recorded congratulations to the winner that was shown on TV without masks, that wasn't from Derby.

Reactions: nccardfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT