ADVERTISEMENT

Where Do We Go From Here ? Cards at a Crossroads!

cocoa

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Never Too High, Never Too Low has been one of my mantra's for this Cards Roundball Team. Another has been Live by the Three, die by the Three! Where do the Cards go from here?? How does this Team respond to such adversity? Two games in a row that we let slip thru our hands! Oh what could have been for this team, if we had just finished, made one more shot, or one less TO!

Let me say this it's tough to say anything positive about what happened last night. Only the bad meltdown occupies the minds of most fans. Let's hope that Coach Mack can rally this team to rebound! Schedule gives us a good breather ( 3 days) to lick our wounds get ready for a critical match up Saturday against an improving Clemson squad!

Let's be honest most of us including myself were NOT expecting a win last night against Duke. It was NOT a must win in order to reach our revised realistic expectations for this team Post Season Hopes/Goals. That said let's move past this game , on to Clemson, which IMO is a MUST WIN if we are to reach that goal of a viable Post Season Run.

Realistic expectation for me has always been a 12-6 or 13-5. Part of that thinking was a win in 1 of three against, against Duke, and Virginia twice. After watching that game last night I am convinced that is possible, and very doable. Zion Williamson is not on the Roster at UVA. Anybody who does not believe that Zion is that the difference between UL's, and UVA's rosters, is not watching these teams very closely. That said we should get that one win against UVA. Would think it would be at home. Must take of care business in the games where we will be favored against teams not named UVA. Possible second loss besides UVA on the road, would be Cuse on the road. Win at Cuse again 13-5 , pretty dam good. Lose at Cuse and 12-6 is also pretty dam good!

Starts with Clemson on Saturday. Can't let Duke beat you twice on Saturday against a Clemson team that you should beat! One game at a time. Team needs to buy into the fact that if they take care of business, they we get another look at Duke. That will be a chance for Redemption in a game that REALLY MATTERS in the ACC Tourney!! Go Cards!!

Reactions: Cardhorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News