ADVERTISEMENT

COMMIT WATCH What I'm hearing

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
Things are pretty tight lipped on S. Floyd but I have been told to expect two to three commitment announcements this week. I think one will be Nicario Harper, that's where my money is considering he's fresh off an official, the need at his position, and the fact that Derrick Nicholson recruited him to S. Miss before he transferred to Jacksonville State. Adding another safety who can play immediately is extremely important. Transfer signings are better than HS signings right now because the staff is under pressure to win next year and transfers provide the immediate impact to stay the executioner's axe. Harper is officially on commit watch.

MTSU transfer corner Quincy Riley's name hasn't come up in any conversations but he did take an official and it appeared to go well. Keep an eye on him but I'm not putting him on commit watch. If me telling you to keep an eye on him but he's not on commit watch, congratulations, you've spent enough time on this board to understand recruiting-speak. Or I'm sorry that you've spent enough time on this board to understand recruiting-speak.

I think another commitment will come in the form of Ahmari Borden. I have been expecting him to announce since his first visit so anytime I'm told of potential announcements I throw his name in the mix. That's a long winded way of saying I don't know for sure but I think he pops this week.

I know that Eron Hodges tweeted that he loves the state of Georgia but I don't think that's about Jeremiah Tealander because he still has other visits to take. So maybe the Georgia tweet was in reference to Madden Shanker but that seems odd considering Bicknell just left and Sanker is a big time offensive lineman with national clout. Those guys tend to extend their recruitment to garner more of a brand name, especially in the NIL era. If Louisville does snag him that would be a testament to how far they've come in recruiting.

I also don't anticipate Jaden Robinson announcing this week. If an announcement is forthcoming for either Robinson and/or Tealander that will probably happen around the Spring Game.

So to sum things up based on the sparse bit of information I've received, I expect Harper to commit today or tomorrow followed by Ahmari Borden (maybe), and then there might be a mystery commitment from someone in Georgia that probably won't be Sanker but maybe it will be.

Thank you for subscribing to receive this worthwhile product.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News