ADVERTISEMENT

What I would love to see with this years Playoffs

extremeVillefan

New Poster, Show Me Love
Sep 16, 2015
No SEC teams. Today on ESPN Jason Sehorn predicted no SEC teams would make the Playoffs this year.

I want to watch the best vs the best, if one is an SEC team then so be it. Right now I think you'd have tOSU, LSU, Clemson, Baylor/ TCU winner.

The only way they get left out is if the SEC East upsets in the SEC Championship game. I think Mich St goes into tOSU and stuns 'em.

No SEC teams would be awesome, but I think the networks, i.e CBS & ESPN, would do what they could to prevent it.

Last edited:
LSU and Florida cold both end up in the playoffs with a little luck if they run the table and Florida wins the SEC championship game. Both would have 1 loss to each other. Of course other teams in the top 5 would need to lose like clemson, OSU and of course either TCU or Baylor.

LSU and Florida cold both end up in the playoffs with a little luck if they run the table and Florida wins the SEC championship game. Both would have 1 loss to each other. Of course other teams in the top 5 would need to lose like clemson, OSU and of course either TCU or Baylor.

That could happen, but Florida isn't a top team imo, somewhere between 15 - 25 range.

It will be interesting next Tuesday to see what the committee does with the first release of rankings. To me, no one really stands out as "inevitable". Nevertheless, I suspect the top four on Tuesday will not end up as the top four come December 6th since so many teams likely to make up the top 10-12 will play one or more games in November against others likely to be in the top 10-12 and most of the likely suspects have other challenges ahead. To wit:

LSU goes to Alabama and Ole Miss
Ohio State hosts Michigan State and goes to Michigan
Baylor hosts Oklahoma and has to go to Okie State and TCU
TCU goes to Okie State and Oklahoma
In addition to LSU, Alabama goes to Mississippi State and Auburn
Notre Dame goes to Pitt and Stanford
Oklahoma and Okie State meet in Stillwater.
Clemson gets FSU at home, but that is about it.
Iowa goes to Nebraska, but has nothing else to worry about.
Then, of course, you have the conference championship games.

As it stands now, Stanford looks like the only member of the PAC 12 with a shot. LSU, Alabama and Florida all seem to have a good chance if they win out. Clemson looks like the only ACC member with any hope. The Big 10 and Big 12 both have several candidates. But, for the SEC, Big 10 and Big 12, all sorts of whacky things could occur between now and December 5th. Each of them have two teams currently in the AP top 7 and in each case, those teams play each other this month. Also, in each case, each has another conference member just outside the top 7 who is likely to benefit from the contests between the current top 7 if that other member can hold serve and then pull an upset against the survivors of those three games.

Reactions: mwatson61
I just want the best 4 to go regardless what conference they play in, and I too wish they would expand this to at least 8 teams. It's my belief that any of the true top 8 teams could win the top prize.

Reactions: Mayoman and SoulSr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT