ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL What I know, RE: KP

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
There's obviously a ton of information circulating regarding Kenny Payne's job status. The best way to put it, and I know this doesn't provide much clarity, but it really boils down to a matter of when, not if.

I do know Josh Heird talked to one of the veteran leaders on the team late in the week. I also believe that Jeff Goodman, one of the more notable names in the college basketball media landscape, doesn't put out that Josh Heird is leaning towards moving on from KP fairly soon without a good reason.

Why hasn't the plug been pulled yet? It could be a number of different things. Does anyone on the current staff want to take over? If not, who from the outside would be able to take the reigns? With a game tomorrow, was there enough time to totally overhaul the entire regime?

All indications are that Kenny will coach tomorrow, which to me, seems unfair to everyone involved. How do you trot out a coach who knows that he's getting canned? There are so many moving parts at play here, and things are obviously happening, but getting a true timeline has been difficult to hone in on.

And for Kenny to bring Karter Knox in for a visit: LOL. Using a family friend as a pawn to make things weird tells me all I need to know. Spare me that this staff is putting in the work on the recruiting trail. You've had months to bring in official visitors, and could have used any one of the home football games to do so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News