ADVERTISEMENT

What I have noticed

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
The refs are so bad overall in this B1G vs ACC challenge I wonder if visiting teams are using their conference refs. It seems like the visiting teams are getting all the calls. I just watched the Iowa vs UNCST game and Iowa was getting some obvious bad calls and the game was at Iowa.

I have noticed that in several games so does anyone know if the visiting team gets to use their conference refs?

The refs are so bad overall in this B1G vs ACC challenge I wonder if visiting teams are using their conference refs. It seems like the visiting teams are getting all the calls. I just watched the Iowa vs UNCST game and Iowa was getting some obvious bad calls and the game was at Iowa.

I have noticed that in several games so does anyone know if the visiting team gets to use their conference refs?
Cards v OSU had Dee Kanter, Joe Vaszily and Pulani Spurlock Welsh. That's an excellent crew and each of the three often head up their own crews all over the country. The fouls were 19 -19. Fans tend to put way too much blame of refereeing, especially if "their" team loses

--sonja--

Reactions: Deeva
I am not blaming the refs regarding our game but I noticed in all these games the visiting teams were getting the calls that is why I asked the question. I watched the Iowa vs UNCST game last night and there were some really bad calls that favored the visiting team UNCST.

I am not blaming the refs regarding our game but I noticed in all these games the visiting teams were getting the calls that is why I asked the question. I watched the Iowa vs UNCST game last night and there were some really bad calls that favored the visiting team UNCST.
Bruce Morris, Kevin Pethtel and Cameron Inouye were the crew that called this one. Bruce is a good, not spectacular ref -- the other two I am not that familiar with. Morris does call a lot of ACC games and the Cards get Inouye occasionally. NC State (visitor) had 21 fouls called on them, Iowa 17...btw/

--sonja--

UNCST should have had more there were some really hard fouls by State that weren’t called and it looked bad on the refs. One foul was when the State player hit the Iowa player from the back at mid court and knocked her to the floor with no foul. Even the announcers were calling the refs out.

The officiating in Women’s basketball is universally recognized as bad. Sorry, but there are NO “excellent crews”. I do not believe they are intentionally bias, but the quality of officiating across the board is below acceptable standards for this level of collegian sports.

The officiating in Women’s basketball is universally recognized as bad. Sorry, but there are NO “excellent crews”. I do not believe they are intentionally bias, but the quality of officiating across the board is below acceptable standards for this level of collegian sports.
Ah, so in addition to being the best basketball analyst you are also the best officiating interpreter around? It must be awfully hard for you to live among mortals.

Universally recognized? Did you actually talk to the residents of Stratus 4? Or Burmese farmers? I think we should all just stay off the comments boards and let you explain ALL sports and officiating to us.

Complaining about officiating...that's original.

--sonja--

Wow I thought the purpose of having a forum was to express your opinion but I guess I was wrong.

Reactions: 2330859
Wow I thought the purpose of having a forum was to express your opinion but I guess I was wrong.
You are far from being wrong, Kozmas. I hope you will continue to . You can join the "beat up Sonja" train...it's a popular destintion and venue these days. Here's an idea, why don't you start doing daily results, schedule and press conference postings here?

You bite the hand too often and you don't get fed. I think I'll go on a self imposed hiatus from here for awhile and let you all find someone else to throw your negativity at.

--sonja--

Last edited:
I don’t think it is negativity to have a discussion about a sports related topic. The refereeing is bad and critiquing it is fair game. I watch a lot of college sports and see bad calls made in every game . Some of the calls are just bad calls and some are blatantly bad. By the way nobody on this thread sad we lost to OSU because of the referees.

Wow! Just way to sensitive. What would be any value in beating up Sonja on this board? Looks to me like it's only a board for those who agree with her or when they don't agree, don't say anything.

Reactions: FlavRunit
Wow!! Complaining about officiation has been around along as there have been fans of teams. I am guilty of this many times over. Frankly, I pay little attention to those complaints as I am sure they ignore mine. Let's all start paying attention to the troubles of our own teams, particularly basketball, which frankly trouble me as a devoted fan. And the trouble is not the referring! Go volleyball ( I hope).

I have never suggested that I am an expert on game analysis, or officiating ……. Just expressing my own opinion and it is open to those who find disagreement.

Realville: if you go back and read the exchange of e-mail between Sonja and I, you will see that I did not initiate anything remotely close to “beating up“ Sonja.

I standby my response to Sonja, specifically that whenever an opponent shoots 73%, it says as much if not more about the lack of defense than it does about the offense. I further contend that it is universally recognized that Women’s Basketball officiating is poor and below D1 college sports expectations. By the way, none of us attributed our loss to OSU to officiating.

Your are certainly entitled to your opinions Sonja, but the rest of us posters are equally entitled to disagree.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I have never suggested that I am an expert on game analysis, or officiating ……. Just expressing my own opinion and it is open to those who find disagreement.

Realville: if you go back and read the exchange of e-mail between Sonja and I, you will see that I did not initiate anything remotely close to “beating up“ Sonja.

I standby my response to Sonja, specifically that whenever an opponent shoots 73%, it says as much if not more about the lack of defense than it does about the offense. I further contend that it is universally recognized that Women’s Basketball officiating is poor and below D1 college sports expectations. By the way, none of us attributed our loss to OSU to officiating.

Your are certainly entitled to your opinions Sonja, but the rest of us posters are equally entitled to disagree.
Don't know why you think I thought you were berating Sonja. My comment about what value is it to do so was for her to answer.

None of the comments on this thread berated her. She started the thread by calling those of us out for criticizing the game and then took it personally when told not to take it personally. It's just how message boards are conducted.

For some reason Sonja doesn't want any negative thing said about the team on this forum. I truly don't get it but it's the times we live in.

Reactions: 2330859
Thanks for clarifying Real; I misinterpreted your comments. All good,

You are far from being wrong, Kozmas. I hope you will continue to . You can join the "beat up Sonja" train...it's a popular destintion and venue these days. Here's an idea, why don't you start doing daily results, schedule and press conference postings here?

You bite the hand too often and you don't get fed. I think I'll go on a self imposed hiatus from here for awhile and let you all find someone else to throw your negativity at.

--sonja--
Don't hurry back ! ;)

Don't hurry back ! ;)
Sonja, some of us miss you. You have had a couple of weeks of self imposed exile so your time is up. Let's hear from you as there is much to talk about with the volleyball team and hopeful renaissance of the basket ball team. Just a warning. You will never get fans to quite complaining about refs. The quote "kill the umpire" is not new!!! 😁😁

Reactions: Deeva and CardFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT