ADVERTISEMENT

What further proof do you need?

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Bad basketball and football hires, on top of yesterday’s game day debacle. How do you eff up an entire game day experience? It’s basic stuff. I’m sure you diocese folks have his back. That’s cool. Tyra sucks at his job. Under qualified, no experience, UK grad. Three strikes and you are out. Let’s get a real AD before it is too late. Can’t afford to have him make important decisions any longer.

Bad basketball and football hires, on top of yesterday’s game day debacle. How do you eff up an entire game day experience? It’s basic stuff. I’m sure you diocese folks have his back. That’s cool. Tyra sucks at his job. Under qualified, no experience, UK grad. Three strikes and you are out. Let’s get a real AD before it is too late. Can’t afford to have him make important decisions any longer.
I don’t think the basketball hire was bad. Chris Mack is light years ahead of Satterfield as far as accomplishments and recruiting wins. It may be easy to look back at the hire now and be a little jaded by it but at the time Mack was the home run hire. He was the most qualified and best candidate. You probably won’t find an article from 2018 that didn’t grade the hire an “A”. I still have faith that Mack can and will be very successful here.

Football coaching hire was a little botched. Fired Petrino before the end of the year and then let Jeff Brohm drag you around for weeks.

I don’t think the basketball hire was bad. Chris Mack is light years ahead of Satterfield as far as accomplishments and recruiting wins. It may be easy to look back at the hire now and be a little jaded by it but at the time Mack was the home run hire. He was the most qualified and best candidate. You probably won’t find an article from 2018 that didn’t grade the hire an “A”. I still have faith that Mack can and will be very successful here.

Football coaching hire was a little botched. Fired Petrino before the end of the year and then let Jeff Brohm drag you around for weeks.
Any hire that doesn't have more than 1 candidate isn't a good hire including the AD.

Naw Satterfield and Mack are the same guy…

I don’t think either was really bad hires, Mack has shown that he’s changing things to try and be better. Satterfield hasn’t done anything like that yet, he needs a stud recruiter on the staff or he won’t be here after next year. Fans need hope and so far Satterfield hasn’t shown that.

Reactions: CardsFirst
I don’t think either was really bad hires, Mack has shown that he’s changing things to try and be better. Satterfield hasn’t done anything like that yet, he needs a stud recruiter on the staff or he won’t be here after next year. Fans need hope and so far Satterfield hasn’t shown that.
Think about the previous 2 coaches U of L had, Petrino and Pitino. High profile coaches with huge egos and at times intimidating to the opposition. Now look at Mack and Satterfield. These were thought to be safe hires with relatively low risk for controversy but yet Mack creates his own issue by firing his asst coach and Satterfield does it a little different by letting it be known he doesn’t want to be here long term. Think about it. The Louisville program was a step up for both these guys. It just hasn’t been determined in my mind they were equal to the task.

Think about the previous 2 coaches U of L had, Petrino and Pitino. High profile coaches with huge egos and at times intimidating to the opposition. Now look at Mack and Satterfield. These were thought to be safe hires with relatively low risk for controversy but yet Mack creates his own issue by firing his asst coach and Satterfield does it a little different by letting it be known he doesn’t want to be here long term. Think about it. The Louisville program was a step up for both these guys. It just hasn’t been determined in my mind they were equal to the task.

I just don't even remotely view Mack and Satterfield as the same here. Mack has brought in elite transfers, beat UK, made changes when needed, overhauled the roster, brought in some pretty good recruits, embraced the fans and been media friendly and given us things like Louisville Live. He's started doing all the things Pitino refused to do that made us look like a pre-historic program. Yes he missed the tournament but we were hit harder than any team in the country by COVID from missed games to players missing time.

Satterfield has done nothing. He had a great first year with Petrino's guys - still got blown out a few times that year. Then he loses a ton of guys to transfer over the next 2 years, calls out guys that decided to sit during COVID, flirts with the Carolina job, loses all of his staff, has done nothing in recruiting and has shown zero growth or adaptability in 3 years.

You can say both coaches have been a let down - I'll allow that. But Satterfield has a lower bar to get over and yet he's still been far worse than Mack. In no way, shape or form is Chris Mack and Scott Satterfield in the same conversation.

I like Mack and still think he will win big I am concerned about Satterfield mainly because of recruiting. He has to have a good year this year or recruits will lose interest in playing for him. Someone pointed out on another post that They would rather have good athletes from Kentucky instead of kids ranked 200 fro Florida or Georgia. I absolutely agree with this, our best years were when we had the best athletes from Kentucky and good athletes from other states.

Matt Bevin had neither the authority or the right to fire the entire board of Louisville. You got what you voted for if you voted for that fool. The man in charge of fan experience is a UK grad who trolled Lamar Jackson on Twitter until he blocked him. Andy Beshear needs to fire the entire board of UK for their football players and coaches hitting women in the face threatening their accreditation and replace every one of them with U of L grads. This is BS and we should demand changes immediately.

I just don't even remotely view Mack and Satterfield as the same here. Mack has brought in elite transfers, beat UK, made changes when needed, overhauled the roster, brought in some pretty good recruits, embraced the fans and been media friendly and given us things like Louisville Live. He's started doing all the things Pitino refused to do that made us look like a pre-historic program. Yes he missed the tournament but we were hit harder than any team in the country by COVID from missed games to players missing time.

Satterfield has done nothing. He had a great first year with Petrino's guys - still got blown out a few times that year. Then he loses a ton of guys to transfer over the next 2 years, calls out guys that decided to sit during COVID, flirts with the Carolina job, loses all of his staff, has done nothing in recruiting and has shown zero growth or adaptability in 3 years.

You can say both coaches have been a let down - I'll allow that. But Satterfield has a lower bar to get over and yet he's still been far worse than Mack. In no way, shape or form is Chris Mack and Scott Satterfield in the same conversation.
We were fortunate to follow a HOF coach with another (Or were we?). Mack’s job as far as recruiting is immensely easier than Satterfield’s. Plus BB is far easier to turn around here.
I agree Satt is making it hard on himself. Not sure he was prepared for the limelight. Of course Mack was prepared for that.
What I find interesting is that Mack was overly popular hire to the point people were crying to hire him; overwhelmingly. Now those same people are acting as though they didn’t do that. Fickle fan base. I hope for the sake of Louisville both succeed. We cant afford anymore set backs, financially or otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT