ADVERTISEMENT

What bowl game do we go to now?

Jun 24, 2009
Obviously the Orange Bowl is out as well as any New Year's Six bowl game. The way I look at it is this, if Clemson wins the ACC:

Playoff: Clemson
Orange: FSU
Citrus: VT
Russell Athletic: UofL
Gator: Miami
Belk: UNC
Pinstripe: Pitt
Sun: GT
Military: Wake Forest
Detroit: NC State

If VT wins the ACC:
Orange: VT
Cotton: Clemson
Citrus: FSU
Sun: FT

The big thing is Miami will go to Jacksonville which means the Big Ten takes the ACC's slot in Nashville. That's lucky as we could've easily ended up bumped down to Nashville otherwise. Clemson is guaranteed a New Year's Six bowl game regardless of if they win the ACC or not. My bet is though we still end up in the Russell Athletic in Orlando. Not what we were hoping by any means but hopefully we can somehow get this team back together and end on a somewhat positive note.

Obviously the Orange Bowl is out as well as any New Year's Six bowl game. The way I look at it is this, if Clemson wins the ACC:

Playoff: Clemson
Orange: FSU
Citrus: VT
Sun: GT

If VT wins the ACC:
Orange: VT
Cotton: Clemson
Citrus: FSU
Sun: FT

The big thing is Miami will go to Jacksonville which means the Big Ten takes the ACC's slot in Nashville. Sadly if that wasn't the case we could slip to Jacksonville. My bet is though we still end up in the Russell Athletic in Orlando. Not what we were hoping by any means but hopefully we can somehow get this team back together and end on a somewhat positive note.
as long as grantham is on our sideline, we will be a russel athletic bowl, liberty bowl team

Reactions: Card_a_V_V
I could care less.

I understand the sentiment but the bowl game will be important this year. We need to use the extra month to get back to where we were in September and early October. We need to end on a positive note and have some momentum going into next year, otherwise the end of this year could easily go into next year as well.

This team will go play in a bowl and will not put forth the effort to win gurantee. Bad enough we will lose the BB game as usual, Fb is the one thing we can count on agaisnt Uk to at least win. A sweep i'm just miserable. This team don't deserve a dam bowl.

Reactions: American Male
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT