ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday night news and notes

Chris Person

Oct 3, 2016
Been a busy past few days and I have a few more small pieces of info that I figured I would pass along to you all.

- It appears as though the Louisville vs. WKU game is not a goner after all as the C-USA appears to be pressing forward as well.

- I spoke to a source tonight with Louisville that said they are expecting to play football this season. Not groundbreaking by any means, but I don't think there is a false sense of confidence but a legit feeling they will play.

- Former KCD tight end Josh Lifson has transferred to Louisville.

Lifson was a walk-on with Air Force Prep at Wofford last year. He played in 12 games and started 4 as a true freshman and earned a scholarship from them, but he never signed papers and decided to transfer to Louisville due to wanting to be close to family. Satterfield had offered Lifson at App. St. so he already had a good relationship with the coaching staff and they really liked him. Lifson is slotted to play the "Y" tight end position, where Marshon Ford starts at. I'd expect you will see Lifson on the field at some point down the road despite him currently being a preferred walk-on. He can really move and make plays.

- A couple of other tidbits from fall camp:
1. Braden Smith is standing out on offense. Was told "he's legit".
2. Monty Montgomery is going to have a huge year, particularly in getting to the QB
3. Yaya Diaby is going to be VERY good from what I was told
4. Defense is much improved overall (we've heard this, but this was further confirmation from someone I trust)
5. Offense is going to absolutely SHRED opponents (as stated above, we've heard this but camp is confirming what we suspected).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News