ADVERTISEMENT

We gonna have a season?

I’m of the opinion that we will ... I just do not think it will look anything like what we were used to before this pandemic. We will have widespread testing by later this summer. And I’m hopeful that we will even have a vaccine by September, though it might take another 3 months until it can be mass produced, so that might not be widely available until December.

Expect significantly smaller crowds at most sporting events until we’ve got that vaccine.... And college football might consider delaying the start of the season by a couple of months in order to give time for testing and a vaccine to be widely available.

Reactions: FloridaCard
75% of D1 AD’s believe the season won’t start until October or later. 61% say Oct and 14% say it won’t start until 2nd semester.

4 months seems like a long time and a lot can happen. I have my fingers crossed but I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if we see any of our sports come back in 2020. I hope I'm wrong.

I’m of the opinion that we will ... I just do not think it will look anything like what we were used to before this pandemic. We will have widespread testing by later this summer. And I’m hopeful that we will even have a vaccine by September, though it might take another 3 months until it can be mass produced, so that might not be widely available until December.

Expect significantly smaller crowds at most sporting events until we’ve got that vaccine.... And college football might consider delaying the start of the season by a couple of months in order to give time for testing and a vaccine to be widely available.

A vaccine likely won't be ready until 2021.

A vaccine likely won't be ready until 2021.

that’s another possibility I’ve heard as well... but I was thinking September based on the Oxford report... https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...pe/coronavirus-vaccine-update-oxford.amp.html

it’s difficult to underestimate how much it will help to open the economy back up just to have the news reporting that a workable vaccine exists ... even if mass production of the vaccine takes another 3-6 months beyond that announcement.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT