ADVERTISEMENT

We are now 2 and 2

This or the unthinkable 2-10. 2-10 or 3-9 is the same difference given how bad Florida state is this season.

It’s realistically possible that this team does not win another game this season.

Reactions: wilkie01
Guys I feel like puking right now!
skiao.jpg

Reactions: Ugoff
It could be a 2-10 season, or a miracle could happen and it ends up 10-2 (and believe me that would be a freaking miracle).

One game at a time is all we can look forward to. Next up is Florida State.

There's very little shot we turn anything around. There's just too many things wrong.
Hey it could be worse. We could have been a 29 point favorite and lose to a 0-3 ODU team like VT did today. At least most all expected a loss today. Doubt many VT fans saw the Hokies losing today.

Hey it could be worse. We could have been a 29 point favorite and lose to a 0-3 ODU team like VT did today. At least most all expected a loss today. Doubt many VT fans saw the Hokies losing today.
Nope but it wasn’t a conference game either. TCU was upset by Texas though. Not too many people saw that coming.

I am now convinced this is a cultural problem in the program, in year 5. It is not going to be fix with the current staff.
1) They aren't a physical team. Teams that aren't physical is a program issue, not roster issue.
2) No identity on offense and they recruit that way. Who would have thought a Petrino team would have no identity.
3) Assistants are terrible. There is no one on staff that is even considered head coaching material or a rising star. The ones that were all left.
4) Lack of discipline, poor technique, fundamental, and execution.

He is either going to be forced to replace all his offensive staff or he will be let go.

A head coach is only as good as his staff and the reality is he has a assembled a terrible combination of assistant coaches.

I am now convinced this is a cultural problem in the program, in year 5. It is not going to be fix with the current staff.
1) They aren't a physical team. Teams that aren't physical is a program issue, not roster issue.
2) No identity on offense and they recruit that way. Who would have thought a Petrino team would have no identity.
3) Assistants are terrible. There is no one on staff that is even considered head coaching material or a rising star. The ones that were all left.
4) Lack of discipline, poor technique, fundamental, and execution.

He is either going to be forced to replace all his offensive staff or he will be let go.

A head coach is only as good as his staff and the reality is he has a assembled a terrible combination of assistant coaches.

Tyra should step in immediately and drug test both players and coaches.

Unfortunately FSU showed signed of life yesterday, something we didn't show. Their offense might actually be improving and they probably only need to score 7 or 10 points to beat us.

I am predicting 3 - 9 as well:

Alabama Loss 51-14
Indiana State Win 31-7
Western Kentucky Win 20-17
Virginia Loss 27-3
Florida State Loss
Georgia Tech Loss
Boston College Loss
Wake Forest Loss
Clemson Loss
Syracuse Loss
North Carolina State Win
Kentucky Loss

NC State is not a good team this year. Just like we almost lost at home to WKU they almost lost at home to James Madison. They lost most of their team from last year and it's here at Cardinal Stadium. I'm not saying I'm confident about saying we'll win but it's the only game I think we could possibly win with it being at home.

Unfortunately FSU showed signed of life yesterday, something we didn't show. Their offense might actually be improving and they probably only need to score 7 or 10 points to beat us.

Alabama Loss 51-14
Indiana State Win 31-7
Virginia Loss 27-3
Florida State Loss
Georgia Tech Loss
Boston College Loss
Wake Forest Loss
Clemson Loss
Syracuse Loss
North Carolina State Win
Kentucky Loss

NC State is not a good team this year. Just like we almost lost at home to WKU they almost lost at home to James Madison. They lost most of their team from last year and it's here at Cardinal Stadium. I'm not saying I'm confident about saying we'll win but it's the only game I think we could possibly win with it being at home.
You obviously don’t know much about football. It’s James Madison the football team, not the former president. Most experts predicted that was a toss up game. James Madison has won their division 3 out of the last 4 years and claimed a NC in 2016. Last year they were the runner ups. Yeah they are a FCS school but they have football history.

The next 4 games are the most winnable. I just don’t see us getting 6 wins. I would like to see some improvements and some of this speed we are suppose to have

Alabama Loss 51-14
Indiana State Win 31-7
Virginia Loss 27-3
Florida State Loss
Georgia Tech Loss
Boston College Loss
Wake Forest Loss
Clemson Loss
Syracuse Loss
North Carolina State Win
Kentucky Loss

Don’t give up yet.

We’re definitely going to have to improve on offense to get there, but Florida State, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, and NC State are all very winnable games. The road games at Boston College, Syracuse, and Clemson and the home game at UK all look to be out of reach for this team. The UK game is probably the most winnable of those four....

We’re definitely going to have to improve on offense to get there, but Florida State, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, and NC State are all very winnable games. The road games at Boston College, Syracuse, and Clemson and the home game at UK all look to be out of reach for this team. The UK game is probably the most winnable of those four....
It’s one game at a time...

The anemic performance @ UVA on the heels of low quality games leading up to that one really should eliminate optimism. The chance to hit the road and play a really weak opponent generated the exact opposite result required to feel good about this team winning games.

Any win at this point moving forward should be considered a pleasant surprise. Vegas is going to confirm this POV each week.

It’s one game at a time...

Definitely the case ... and the negative posters can think otherwise, but I certainly believe that Bobby is working very hard to figure out how to get this offense to perform.

What I'm pretty sure we figured out is that Puma did not provide an offensive spark to the offense similar to what Malik did. Perhaps that means that, at this point, our best option is to start Puma, but if we don't get any production in the first quarter, switch to Malik in the second quarter. That combination provided a spark the two times we tried it, albeit against lesser competition.

Reactions: Cue Card
Definitely the case ... and the negative posters can think otherwise, but I certainly believe that Bobby is working very hard to figure out how to get this offense to perform.

What I'm pretty sure we figured out is that Puma did not provide an offensive spark to the offense similar to what Malik did. Perhaps that means that, at this point, our best option is to start Puma, but if we don't get any production in the first quarter, switch to Malik in the second quarter. That combination provided a spark the two times we tried it, albeit against lesser competition.
I don’t know. The telling stat for me is the sheer number of turnovers by Puma, 6, either by interceptions or fumbles. He’s not making good decisions and while Malik may not be effective he’s not turning the ball over.

If coach BP plays both QB's, then the challenge becomes to find some type of offensive rythm. That's usually very difficult to do using more than 1 QB in a game.

None of that matters if the offensive line doesn't starting living up to their expectations. That's where it all starts, plus when they do a good job, the play makers MUST make plays. Right now there are way too many mental mistakes by the play makers. AND bad line play.

Reactions: PushupMan
Also, it should be pointed out that:

Alabama is now 4-0 and no one had come within 3 TD's of them yet.
Indiana State's only loss is to UofL.
Western Kentucky won on the road at Ball State this weekend.
Virginia is no world-beater, but their only loss is a close one on the road at a better-than-expected Indiana squad.

Bottom line here is that our first four opponents were tougher in hindsight than they appeared to be when we played them.

I don’t know. The telling stat for me is the sheer number of turnovers by Puma, 6, either by interceptions or fumbles. He’s not making good decisions and while Malik may not be effective he’s not turning the ball over.

Puma definitely needs to get better at identifying the open receiver and quit forcing his throws into coverage. He has the tools to be very good, but his skills at reading defenses need a lot of work.

Also, it should be pointed out that:

Alabama is now 4-0 and no one had come within 3 TD's of them yet.
Indiana State's only loss is to UofL.
Western Kentucky won on the road at Ball State this weekend.
Virginia is no world-beater, but their only loss is a close one on the road at a better-than-expected Indiana squad.

Bottom line here is that our first four opponents were tougher in hindsight than they appeared to be when we played them.
All good points except WKU lost to Maine in Bowling Green before playing the Cards.

I hope Bobby can turn it around but I'm not feeling very optimistic this morning. Maybe it was just time for us to have a bad year with a young team. It's disappointing. I'm glad I don't have to make these decisions.

I hope Bobby can turn it around but I'm not feeling very optimistic this morning. Maybe it was just time for us to have a bad year with a young team. It's disappointing. I'm glad I don't have to make these decisions.

I am starting to be reminded of the 1991 team we had where Jeff Brohm got injured early in the year and we struggled all season, especially on offense, finishing 2-9. We don't have a QB injury, but our QB play this year under a head coach who is an established offensive guru has been equally inept so far.

Like you, I'm hoping we don't have to sink to that level, but it just might be that type of year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT