ADVERTISEMENT

Way to go, Wayne.

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
I just got done watching the entire game on DVR tonight. I'm really happy for Wayne that he was able to hit a couple clutch 3's late in the game. I just think he needed that so much, and he stepped up when it counted. I know he gets a lot of flack on the message boards but it was good to see him call for the ball and then drain those shots when it mattered most.

Wayne is one of those players you just can't turn your back on him because he will put a dagger in your back with a couple of deep 3's. I know moving forward we will miss Chris Jones, however other players need to step up and get his points, steals, rebounds etc. I have a feeling that our Frosh will step up and come March look out. Leading the charge will be McDonalds All America "Wayne Blackshear" now the best basketball that is deep down inside of him and the rest of the Cardinals will surface. Cardinal fans don't sell your team short because a run is coming in March!!

He also grabbed a key rebound late that was pure extra effort. He should have lost the ball or had it stripped away but he latched onto that ball like it was a life ring just as he was going under water. There was no way he was going to lose that ball.

Originally posted by Ipartiedwithhopgood:
He needs to take more shots, just let it fly.
My thought exactly!!! He's the most experienced player on the team and can miss it all night as far as I'm concerned. Shooters need to shoot to get into the groove. He's got a great mid-range jumper. Every time he catch the ball, he should shoot or drive. If the lane is open, go to the basket strong. If not, pull up for a jumper or dish to an open man.

He gets clowned on the boards so much, it is hard to read the thread title without a hint of sarcasm. I know that shadow is a positive poster, so that's the only reason I didn't click on thread expecting complaints about Wayne.

I have been fine with Wayne all year. If people have issues with him then they need to check themselves. Not Wayne. Wayne plays hard and I am glad he is a Card.

Also forgot to mention that he hit two clutch free throws near the end of the game. He won't be the superstar that some have hoped but he is a solid player on this team and has ups and downs like every other player.

Wayne's going to need to put it up because after Terry, he's one of the few that can get his own shot off the dribble.

Terry is going to wear out if we keep asking him to do it all.

The guy's selflessness is what allowed the team to remain tight when Luke beat him out. Now's the time for him to get a little more selfish. It's his last run. I don't care how many he misses either. He needs to start chucking.

I can't wait until Wayne finally puts down one of those big dunks he's been trying throw down on people. I love the fact he's attacking the rim now as opposed to just roaming the perimeter all game, and it's time for him to posterize somebody.

If I recall correctly, Wayne had an early college injury to his shoulder. I thought after that his development slowed a great deal. He had a great game against UK early in his career frosh year. Even wowed the fans including me with a vicious outback dunk. Had thought that was his coming out game.

Originally posted by KeepingItReal74:
If I recall correctly, Wayne had an early college injury to his shoulder. I thought after that his development slowed a great deal. He had a great game against UK early in his career frosh year. Even wowed the fans including me with a vicious outback dunk. Had thought that was his coming out game.
You are correct.Then,he injured the other shoulder that summer following the 12 season.

This is exciting times! We have 2 great players and Wayne can make it 3 dropping in 3point bombs and taking it to the hoop down the stretch. Let alone doing the little things on D and on the boards. Boys there's only 1 ball to go around and at crunch time you got to love Terry with the ball in his hands and TREZ roaming in the low post......and Pitino and staff will game plan us to a 4 seed or better and 2 nd weekend in the tourney. Can't wait for another ride with the Cards!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT