ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Global Jam Cards up by 19

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
I am watching the Global Jam and Louisville is up by 19 in the first half. It is hard to tell how good we are because of the competition we are playing Puerto Rico. I know nothing about PR but there is a heavy emphasis on defense by the Cards. I missed the first period so I didn’t see the rotation.
I think CJW is playing a different 5 per period right now. We look good the main things I see is we are a better defensive team and a better rebounding team. The height difference per position from last year to now is really noticeable.

It is so early that I really am reluctant to comment on individual play with the exception of the three point shooting by Sydney. It was exceptional but the PR defense was a bit sloppy, however.. You stated that the Cards' defense looked better and perhaps the 27 turnovers by PR is testimony to that. What I did see that was that the passing appeared to be promising by this team. It resulted in 27 assists. I liked that a lot!!!

FYI. The game today was also on YouTube in addition to Louisville's Twitter feed. Was able to watch it on TV using my Roku.

I’m on vacation so out of touch. What time is tomorrows game?

I agree if she can get in rhythm with her athleticism she could be a game changer. I also thought our passing game looked good. HVS is a good passer, defense of player and an aggressive rebounder. She is limited offensively right now if she can improve her offensive skills with her size she could help a lot.
I think we just really out classed Puerto Rico and I expect Canada to be a lot tougher. That being said I think this team is better than last years team at this stage of the season. They have a lot of potential playing this together in just a short period of time. If they continue to improve this team could be a contender. I liked it when they said since most of these players transferred in they are playing with a chip on their shoulder to prove themselves.

Reactions: mwdcard
Just finished watching the replay of the game. A few early observations.

The team is definitely taller. Still don't have that 6'7 center but overall there's more 6 footers than usual.

Considering it's only July, I was impressed with the team defense, not only with their active hands but with their switches and attention to details.

I wasn't as impressed with the offense except but there's all kinds of potential there. Taylor's a dead eye shooter but I wonder if she will be the go to scorer in games. I think Jefferson may be that. She really impressed me.

I think Harris may be aware of Mobley getting her minutes. A great situation for Coach Walz having that competition between his two power forwards.

Didn't see enough of the other newcomers to know what to really think. Russell didn't do much but we know what she can bring.

It's going to be interesting that's for sure. They seem after one game in July like a smart group of players. We will see. I can't wait.

Yes, I liked HVS. Once she gets used to the speed of play at this level and acclimated, she appears to have an all around game that could help the team.

I’m looking forward to seeing who can step up and bring it every night.

That was announced at the end of the basketball season that she would be a grad assistant this season. I hope she stays forever she would be the one constant in a changing basketball world.

Reactions: Cap'n Jim
Just finished watching the replay of the game. A few early observations.

The team is definitely taller. Still don't have that 6'7 center but overall there's more 6 footers than usual.

Considering it's only July, I was impressed with the team defense, not only with their active hands but with their switches and attention to details.

I wasn't as impressed with the offense except but there's all kinds of potential there. Taylor's a dead eye shooter but I wonder if she will be the go to scorer in games. I think Jefferson may be that. She really impressed me.

I think Harris may be aware of Mobley getting her minutes. A great situation for Coach Walz having that competition between his two power forwards.

Didn't see enough of the other newcomers to know what to really think. Russell didn't do much but we know what she can bring.

It's going to be interesting that's for sure. They seem after one game in July like a smart group of players. We will see. I can't wait.
Russell literally got there from being in Mexico playing for Team Canada. Several flights, layovers. Heard she got there as videograhers were arriving.

Well this sucks. Apparently I can't watch the game today on CBS sports network because my provider is Sling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT