ADVERTISEMENT

Watched Louisville @ Clemson 2016 last night

Oct 12, 2007
Morgantown, WV
Man, what a game. The Cards looked like the best team in the country in that game even though they lost on the road in a hostile environment. This was the first time I had watched any Cardinal football since the season ended, and that team playing Clemson was a totally different one than the one that dropped 3 straight to end the season.

This is not a popular opinion around here, but that Todd Grantham defense was exciting. Very aggressive. The aggressiveness/complexity did tend to give up big plays at the worst times, but the turnovers were the payoff. I hope Coach Sirmon's streamlined, more simple defense is better against the big plays because I don't expect the turnovers that we've benefited from over the last 3 seasons. That defense was exciting to watch.

They were apparently showing Clemson's season in it's entirety on ESPNU this weekend. I was sick of watching Clemson games, but I did have it on much of the time. That Louisville game tho...heartbreak city. :(

Reactions: Morgantown Card
Yeah I was wondering what they were doing, because I was watching the LLC and every time I went by ESPNU they had on a Clemson game. I still say our game vs. Florida St should have been on of the top 25 games of last year. Everyone knows it was Lamar's coming out party.

It's in games like that you really see the play makers take it to a whole other level than everybody else who buttoned up their chinstrap, and there probably wasn't anybody that was more spectacular than Jaire Alexander--two picks and a strip that led to a pick is heavy lifting for anybody in a month, let alone against an offense the caliber of Clemson's and directly snuffed out scoring drives in two cases.

Reactions: fredburgcard
They were apparently showing Clemson's season in it's entirety on ESPNU this weekend. I was sick of watching Clemson games, but I did have it on much of the time. That Louisville game tho...heartbreak city. :(

That is possible, but they have been running this game as part of the Best CFB games of 2016. Because of that it was omitted from the Clemson season long broadcast. If they did show it there, too, it was out of order.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT